The Chateau Diaries #93 They muddy the water to make it seem deep ~ Friedrich Nietzche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted to root for FRK, now that she was doing well and away from the HMN. Now it's just gone downhill for me.
I can give FRK a pass regarding pronunciation, spelling - even though it does come across as unprofessional, and dyslexia.
Living in a country for 9 years and still having a limited vocabulary, it's just not good enough. I will say that, as we do say the same about La Jarvis' French being in France for 16 years. Besides as a florist she should have some knowledge of the botanical terminology. I could not imagine her say orange flowers about Nasturtium over and over...
Having people bail her out, when she ought to put on her big girl panties and sort out her stuff. Her mother lives in the UK, did she employ tough love on FRK?
Starting a business must be extremely hard, and everybody has to make sacrifices. One can't expect to have everything, if travelling home was so important, she should have put money aside, in case something happened - and something did indeed happen.
I fear FRK is the type of person who will have a huge mental breakdown before she will sort out her life, starting from scratch. Maybe in the end, that would be the best thing for her, maybe it'll make her more responsible.
I used to quite like Marie, but she got boring. However, I want to defend her here against those who attack her over grammar and when she speaks english. Here's a simple question, hows your Norwegian? Mine is non existant, so please cut her some slack.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I was wondering that myself I think these were done ages ago in the fall or summer with random people that happened to be at tit too they must all be off on holiday again with Anne Marie and nutti holding down the fort. Each vlog has seemed very disjointed
They are disjointed, because they are thrown together last minute. She can't use the prerecorded stuff because of the boyfriend that "suddenly" came out of the closet. Nutty and Armoir are not in these vlogs because they are the only ones doing actual work and since they started dating need more privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The whole garden thing Davy has planned for her is outrageous. Spending that kind of money on something that does not have to be there yet, as the HMN itself needs so much work done first, is truly evidence of SJ's megalomania. Her patrons should be extremely scared for what's coming their way as they are the only ones who are going to pay for it. The amount she is wheeling in at the moment pales in comparison to what she needs to make this happen, not just the construction of it but think about its maintenance. It's not just a one time thing too, she will need to be making an insane amount of money each month. She is already struggling to come up with content at the moment. It's just unsustainable, all of it. I think an intervention is long overdue and probably too late already: this woman is going to destroy everything she says she loves about her shittoo.
My crystal ball tells me that she'll get all of Davey's stuff done and then not hire more gardeners to maintain it and it will go to tit. What Kirsty was doing today, trimming the hedges in the enclosed garden, will have to be continuously done or it will be overgrown in a very short time. But that's kind of her modus operandi isn't it? There is so much going to rack and ruin in that "wanna-be chateau", (read farmhouse here).

Reactions: 26
Thanks for sharing!
---------------------
Wow! That plan for the garden is so ambitious. Has SJ or Davey mentioned the total cost of that enormous project? Sounds like a million Euro project! I feel bad for the majority of patrons, poor grannies living on pension bankrolling the renovation and upkeep of an entire chateau estate which many of them won't even get to enjoy in person! Makes me angry! :mad:

View attachment 913725
Tallulah P
3 hours ago
You are going to need to maintain a minimum of four gardeners to keep the outdoor work under control. Awesome plans!

Edward Kenneth
1 hour ago
I love that you have a detailed plan for the grounds, but I would love for you to ensure the interiors are renovated and finished whilst you have maximum funds (not to say your support will be reduced). Get Natti and precious Gerry's apartments completed. The downstairs Loo, HEATING sorted, windows, etc. Glad to hear you plan on a more detailed update next week. Hope Advent isn't too crazy, enjoyed having more premieres this week. I know it takes a lot of time, but part of the magic is sharing it with the Chat community. 😁😁
Oookkkkkayy SO really.... the architect didn't know where the beams/load bearing walls/headers/what you like to call beams🤣(ya.. ask ur cuz) where when she spent all of that time on your plans🤣🤣😡 no. See, we go to school!! FOR A REALLY LONG TIME and then, at least in the states, you need 5000 hrs of apprenticeship then several 8 hr exams 😑 and you do this do YEARS you twit - let's put it this way, architecture students are the pale ones NOBODY KNOWS on-campus. They make med students look like SLACKERS - ALLEGEDLY 😈🤬 also, I am so sure my darling princess that Davey and your architect are more than happy to draw up a master plan between the two of them, step 1, finish step 1, step 2 etc and give you this list with very general bal ball estimates AND even give you recs for: a Project Manager who will do it all, get quotes, run time tables, keep the guys (mostly guys) on a timetable, show you samples THE WORK OUT how much you need and order it, keep track of the orders, keep track of the costs. Yes this job exists. You should also have an assistant and a house manager. Nobody currently in your home can fulfill these roles including you. Then you can flit away to your hearts content and stop sounding like an asshole. ALLEGEDLY. FIRE THE CHAPEL RESTORER. He is never coming back. ALLEGEDLY. I cannot believe people talk about having a natural pool. Pools are to separate people and nature. I do not want frogs swimming next to me. If I wanted that I would get into some dirty disgusting pond. I don't believe you about the architect-you make tit up because you read this tit. ALLEGEDLY. I like your cut. He seems to know how to work and to know what he is doing. How are you two ALLEGEDLY related. Nite. Seacrest put.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My crystal ball tells me that she'll get all of Davey's stuff done and then not hire more gardeners to maintain it and it will go to tit. What Kirsty was doing today, trimming the hedges in the enclosed garden, will have to be continuously done or it will be overgrown in a very short time. But that's kind of her modus operandi isn't it? There is so much going to rack and ruin in that "wanna-be chateau", (read farmhouse here).
And, let's say, she does have capable gardeners, what would she do with the enormous amount of vegetables you could harvest from all those veggie plots? More that what she and her crew and B&B guests need. Become a market lady? Start a chutney production?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
just noticed that my friend, a professional florist in Kent (England), posted a load of funeral wreaths she made , calling them 'Farewell Flowers' , so they are a 'thing' and not just made up by FRK.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Hmmmm I guess I don't get it as I don't know your accent....to me paw and flaw are pronounced like "awwwww" like you'd say when seeing a cute baby or something...I guess, depending on where you're from, words are pronounced differently. I had a friend from Massachusetts who pronounced car like cah and bar like bah...I loved listening to her talk. I was born and raised in Texas and there they say car like coere...they're crazy things, accents....I think I didn't write that Texas car right...LOL...another different example...my sister had a VERY pronounced Texas accent. Thank goodness I lost mine (except when I'm around my Texas kin....Where I'd say "I just saw an old friend" and she'd say "I jist seen a old friend"....same sentence, different accents....Oh hell, I'm not making any sense. I think I need to go to bed...LOL...Just ignore me...
No worries… I think we are describing the same pronunciation, but just in a different way. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Amury's dogs must be feeling abandoned. He was to bring them to lala. What's happened?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't quite understand why the pre-recorded advent vlogs can't be used. She might have made a comment about his n hers bedrooms perhaps in one or two, but normal day to day interactions wouldn't suggest a relationship either way.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
And, let's say, she does have capable gardeners, what would she do with the enormous amount of vegetables you could harvest from all those veggie plots? More that what she and her crew and B&B guests need. Become a market lady? Start a chutney production?
Easy donate to the local community

But these garden ideas are crazy big. Id stay with doing vege garden and in front of chateau and down the line swimming pool maybe. Forget swimming with the frogs and never any towers. FFS just because they were there once doesn't mean we have to have them again. There used to be outhouses instead of inside loos I'm not going back!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I don't quite understand why the pre-recorded advent vlogs can't be used. She might have made a comment about his n hers bedrooms perhaps in one or two, but normal day to day interactions wouldn't suggest a relationship either way.
Exactly! She could use the pre-recorded footage and easily just edit out all the lies, half-truths, and “smoke and mirrors”…oh, wait a sec …there wouldn’t be any footage left!!! 😆 (just the closing credits!)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She's sitting on the far left at the kitchen table in this vlog.

She's sitting on the far left at the kitchen table in this vlog.
Thanks. Isabelle's sister is 10 years younger than Isabelle.

I would like to hear her speaking in english ?

Lovely! We have so many experts in this thread! 😜 ❤

I really thought there are more sisters... how many brothers do they have? I think SJ mentioned she has 17 cousins or something like that... who produced the rest of Cuzs?
Only one sister.

My guess is that he's already on some kind of welfare from the Dutch social security system.
If he legally "employed" by Lalande and lives there, he might get some kind of welfare from teh French system too (I'm thinking of RSA for example). He would be entitled to as an European citizen living in France and being "employed" there but not getting enough money etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I used to quite like Marie, but she got boring. However, I want to defend her here against those who attack her over grammar and when she speaks english. Here's a simple question, hows your Norwegian? Mine is non existant, so please cut her some slack.
Det er ikke det bedste eksempel, du bruger.
Mit norsk behøver ikke være godt, fordi dansk og norsk lægger tæt op af hinanden. Så de kan forstå mig, og jeg forstår dem, men hvis der skulle opstå problemer kan vi tale sammen på engelsk. Dermed sagt hvis jeg flyttede til Norge og boede der i 9 år, så kan du bande på, at jeg ville lære sproget flydende, jeg ville endda læse Doppler serien, og skulle jeg få et arbejde som florist, så kan du ligeledes bande på, at jeg ville lære alt hvad læres skulle!
Måske skulle du læse min forrige besked igen, for jeg kritiserer FRKs sprogmangel på samme måde som vi kritiserer La Jarvis.

Happy reading, if your Danish is also non-existent then try Google Translate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
What a weird thing that from all the Christmas blogs going on, I am enjoying Sadie’s! I would happily watch Pa Petherick hack down an old pot and re-pot trees all day as opposed to the mad house where almost everyone dances on my nerves!
I agree, she seems quite down to earth and natural which shows off how fake Pathetic really is.

Reactions: 8
I wanted to root for FRK, now that she was doing well and away from the HMN. Now it's just gone downhill for me.
I can give FRK a pass regarding pronunciation, spelling - even though it does come across as unprofessional, and dyslexia.
Living in a country for 9 years and still having a limited vocabulary, it's just not good enough. I will say that, as we do say the same about La Jarvis' French being in France for 16 years. Besides as a florist she should have some knowledge of the botanical terminology. I could not imagine her say orange flowers about Nasturtium over and over...
Having people bail her out, when she ought to put on her big girl panties and sort out her stuff. Her mother lives in the UK, did she employ tough love on FRK?
Starting a business must be extremely hard, and everybody has to make sacrifices. One can't expect to have everything, if travelling home was so important, she should have put money aside, in case something happened - and something did indeed happen.
I fear FRK is the type of person who will have a huge mental breakdown before she will sort out her life, starting from scratch. Maybe in the end, that would be the best thing for her, maybe it'll make her more responsible.
I do agree she's vulnerable and I wonder how long her friends in Haworth will support her.? I was rooting for her too when she left Lalande and I agree she may have some sort of crisis, but it may not be a good thing for her to have a crisis. Having a mental breakdown is devastating in every way, and doesn't usually help the underlying problems . I used to work in the mental health services, and I don't think she's got serious mental health problems, but rather emotional issues related to her childhood which may have left her with some difficulties.
I think the best thing Marie could do is get a part time job to help with her finances, while building up the floral business. I really think she is planning to work part time for Nichola when the restaurant opens. I think that's why Nichola invited her to Haworth. She may feel more secure with a regular income.
I wonder what family she is going to see in Norway.? She talked about an alcoholic father, the relationship seems to have broken down there perhaps? Maybe it's siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles?
Having dyslexia shouldn't prevent her running a floral business. My local baker can't spell, his handwritten signs are terrible, but his sourdough loaves are fantastic and sell out by midday.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.