The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had that experience my 1st (and only) visit to Disneyland Paris (Euro Disney then.) Wanting to assimilate, I asked "Où est la salle de bains?" The Cast Member replied in English "we don't have those here." She finally realized I needed to use the restroom and corrected my French with "toilette." It still feels a bit vulgar asking for a toilet.
In french, "faire sa toilette" means to wash yourself. "Aller aux toilettes" is an elegant term to say to go to the bathroom (toilet).

Reactions: 8
HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS
Patreon downstairs loo big reveal
Ok so loo isn't actually finished. She still needs to paint window area (why couldn't she have done this already 😡) and make curtains (again this could have been done and waiting). For duck's sake. Now that my eyes have been opened, I can't stop seeing through her shenanigans. And it irritates the hell out of me.
Then they use wood pieces from Amaurys shop. Isn't that tit treated? Why the hell would you cook food over that? No, no, no. Just no. Toxic much?
And Amaury will be in Argentina with Natti the month of Jan 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok so loo isn't actually finished. She still needs to paint window area (why couldn't she have done this already 😡) and make curtains (again this could have been done and waiting). For duck's sake. Now that my eyes have been opened, I can't stop seeing through her shenanigans. And it irritates the hell out of me.
Then they use wood pieces from Amaurys shop. Isn't that tit treated? Why the hell would you cook food over that? No, no, no. Just no. Toxic much?
And Amaury will be in Argentina with Natti the month of Jan 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I found it highly amusing that BJJ, looking like a teenage girl, is pretending to look as though he has some idea about the positioning of the panelling as he would like to appear as the master of the house. You can see him trying to think of something intelligent to say but not managing it and he keeps looking at Steph with a blank, enquiring look on his face as if he wants her reassurance. In comparison with Amaury and his father, and even Potty, he contributed very little to the moving of the panels and looked so daft in his high heels and tight jeans!
I find it interesting how we (all collectively here) get different points of view from watching the same thing. I was actually surprised he seemed to know where things went. Amaury was conversing with him and doing what Philip was telling him to. Philip also seemed to know the measurements of some of the panels (seemingly off the top of his head). SJ was also complimenting him on knowing where things went. I won't say I was impressed but that's the view I got out of it. He did look totally ridiculous though.

Reactions: 16
I watched Chateau DIY Christmas and she said that Armoire is the best carpenter she knows. She said that about Ian, she said that about Selmar... I'm wondering if Ian is pissed off? When the big leak happened from the upstairs unfinished loo, he was on vacation and he took a week off. When things are not going well everybody "escape from the Château" including her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a feeling that, if SJ takes off for any length of time, either to Venice, semi-permanently, or for long holidays, Amaury is going to find himself burnt out by all the responsibility if he and Nati are left in charge of everything. He will not only be the resident builder but also, the project manager, and indeed, the general business manager. Nati's lack of fluency in both French and English means than her capabilities for managing the administration are very limited. Even now, I don't know how she and SJ manage things like insurance or even paying the workers if they have to deal with tax, national insurance, etc. Nati would never understand the rules and regulations and SJ is so inefficient and can't be bothered. Even if BJJ and SJ did stay together, BJJ has neither the personality nor the sense and experience to manage either projects or people. Amaury is the only one who, despite his silly mistake in the use of the digger, is the only one there who could manage both projects and people. Russian Maria, if she were to stay, seems very capable and could probably do the admin., but otherwise I can see Amaury running the whole place and working long hours to do so. I only hope he will be paid sufficiently well. I wonder if IJ and Chantal had all this in mind when he arrived at LL, that he would run the whole place. He'd certainly achieve a lot more than anyone else has ever done there.
I don't know why (as I haven't heard anything about it) but I think they are planning to buy something for themselves, like a farmhouse close to the shittoo. A farm would suit Armoir much better and he can make a vlog about the restoration based on what Dan did and is doing. They might even go for that farmhouse Oliver was so interested in, as it's really close to the HMN and Nutty could basically walk to work then. Anyway, just a suggestion, what I would do, because any permanent residency at her shittoo is like a voluntary lockup in an insane asylum.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I find it interesting how we (all collectively here) get different points of view from watching the same thing. I was actually surprised he seemed to know where things went. Amaury was conversing with him and doing what Philip was telling him to. Philip also seemed to know the measurements of some of the panels (seemingly off the top of his head). SJ was also complimenting him on knowing where things went. I won't say I was impressed but that's the view I got out of it. He did look totally ridiculous though.
I agree, Philip appeared to have done his homework. It sounded to me like he's spent a lot of time with it and with measuring and thinking about it, even more than SJ has. He was very invested in it all.

Reactions: 18
Thank god I’m not the only one seeing Phil transition into Philipa
View attachment 949824
Cos he’s only a beard 🧔‍♂️ for SSB
Ain’t no way in hell she’s doing anything other than him as a project ….
Potts could barley keep his face straight with pippip quotes of CM measurements….
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😂😂
Oh you're not the only one
he's quite the dandy :ROFLMAO:

philip1.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-30 130813.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-30 130737.jpg

cd263 (1).png
once again just for fun

Potts can't keep a straight face 🤣🤣 that's a bit rich coming from a man who did this to a BBQ to cook a mushroom and a sausage
Screenshot 2021-12-30 154138.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-30 131232.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-30 131406.jpg

Her Aunt did not look impressed :oops: :ROFLMAO: She should have gone to MaccieD's :m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
There is actually a gold paint that restorers use - Sign Painters 1 shot metallic gold it is very expensive - $30 - for a small bottle. It looks great. I antique it with colored waxes. I did a Louis XVI chair with it and Clarence House silk fabric and it looks fantastic! This same paint can be used on bronzes and metal.

Subtle, I am not. However you will always get a fair shake and opinion from moi😋 even with all the damage done - at some point yoi have to take ownership of your tit - and fix it. Yes, I'm always this blunt with my kidfo to. She knows I won't lie to her and she knows she is fiercely loved.

It's a nasty neck beard. Like the Emperor Nero. They are equally popular🤣

can I ask why ANYONE would use gold PAINT... ugh.. and gold ANYTHING in the hunting lodge is just... ugh.

Even though she already saves ALL IF THE GOOD STUFF for her- I actually do hope she saves it and puts it into her bedroom/office - at least it would suit.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if auntie and uncle have really come to the Shitoo to see about purchasing the Shitoo from Fanny for Amoire and Natti? That could explain the moving all his tools to the shitoo. Fannys original plan was to flip the farmhouse wasn't it? It would also explain all the decorating (putting lipstick on a pig) to try and make it look prettier (if nobody looks to closely) for selling purposes, and just hiding all the things that need restored.
Well Armoir knows about all the bodies she buried underneath all that decorating by now, so I doubt he will want to buy in anyway. Nobody in their right mind ever will, so she better be happy with having the HMN forever and ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
And he dresses flashy, some all orange, some cuff links .... he's entertaining, that one!

That totally sounds plausible. And Amaury is loved and adored by the fans, so I wonder if she is hiding behind that thinking "they won't critiuqe this if I say it was darling Amaury's idea."

They would have to be INSANE to purchase it ... it's a horrible investment, they'd lose money. HOWEVER, I can see them coming on and SJ finding some role for them, ie. project manager that could fall into an area that she could pay them out of the Patreon fund. That's where the money is right now.
I’ve got a feeling they are there to buy Potty and Nick’s, shares. Especially with their son living and working there and I imagine “mummy” wanting to keep the money in the family.

Reactions: 6
This just popped up in my feed! It was fun to watch, what a massive amount of work by loads of people speaking French!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve got a feeling they are there to buy Potty and Nick’s, shares. Especially with their son living and working there and I imagine “mummy” wanting to keep the money in the family.
If the happy couple wants to stay at the shittoo (against my advice but hey, I can take rejection like any other), moving into the Larkin cottage would be a smart move. The Larkins are never there anyway and at least some privacy is possible. It really is a nice cottage.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't know why (as I haven't heard anything about it) but I think they are planning to buy something for themselves, like a farmhouse close to the shittoo. A farm would suit Armoir much better and he can make a vlog about the restoration based on what Dan did and is doing. They might even go for that farmhouse Oliver was so interested in, as it's really close to the HMN and Nutty could basically walk to work then. Anyway, just a suggestion, what I would do, because any permanent residency at her shittoo is like a voluntary lockup in an insane asylum.
Do you think he could do well as a finish carpenter in the surrounding area? I was thinking he would use it initially for all of the work at the heap and then keep it going with other jobs if he liked living there. With his set up he could make cabinets, moldings and paneling, and even furniture. Just seems crazy to bring all of that heavy equipment for one job.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.