The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the last pic.

David and Summer Lalande. (He's an engineering manager at Spotify.)
He is one of the "oldest" and most active superfans on the live chat (and earlier in the comments section).

He loved to make a remark about his (French origin) name : Lalande (quite a common name in France).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’m thinking of an expression…what is it? Oh, yes! “Like putting lipstick on a pig!” 😊
No, even the scale of the panelling is wrong, it will all need to be cut down which is going to look weird since the ground floor room ceilings are so low. So she's spent a lot of money on panelling that neither fits the historic aesthetics of the chateau or practically actually fits the space .... it seems like a lot of money and headache .....

Once it's installed its also going to highlight the true crap collection of emmaüs furniture which populates that room ...... :unsure: :rolleyes: 😂 :poop: 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Superfans getting paranoid ! 😂

Eileen W
5 hours ago
12 radiators leaking? What was the reason for the leaks? I sure hope there is not a saboteur in your midst!

Side note : according to their comments, Chateau Diaries has reached 40 million views ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
No, even the scale of the panelling is wrong, it will all need to be cut down which is going to look weird since the ground floor room ceilings are so low. So she's spent a lot of money on panelling that neither fits the historic aesthetics of the chateau or practically actually fits the space .... it seems like a lot of money and headache .....

Once it's installed its also going to highlight the true crap collection of emmaüs furniture which populates that room ...... :unsure: :rolleyes: 😂 :poop: 😂
And her daddy's daubs.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Calling TH shifty because she's mixed race like Meghan Markle is something I would not like to see prevail here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
From Christmas 2014.
@Clara Burnett Does Amaury have a son? Chantal's photo says the child in this photo is her grandson ....

Amaury, Jenna, Joseph 2014_face.jpg

Amaury's brother Jonathan and his family in 2014.

Jonathan, Alexandra, Hugo, Raphael Richmond 2014_face.jpg

Tattlers have never found anything about Jarvis side... Triangle des Bermudes !
I went down a long rabbit hole yesterday trying to find some! There's a family I think it might be, but I can not find enough of a connection!

So this begs the question ... did Derek have a falling out with his family? Did Isabelle not stay in touch with them after his death?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
You know, there’s a reason why these large houses and properties required scores of servants and expense to keep them up. My first house was a small 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom bungalow built in 1941, about 950 sq. ft. The kitchen had 7 feet of countertop space! I renovated it from top to bottom and loved that house. So small and easy to care for. Then I moved to my current home, a much larger house, 3,500 sq ft., and renovated it. I love my current house, too, but there’s many times I really miss my first little house. It was definitely a lot simpler to clean and maintain…there’s truth to the phrase “live simply.”

'Tis the gift to be simple, ’tis the gift to be free - Simple Gifts, Shaker Song, Joseph Brackett, 1848

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Side note : according to their comments, Chateau Diaries has reached 40 million views ?
Yes, you can click on the about page for youtubers and it shows their view numbers, she is over 40 million and rising. That's got to pay pretty well.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Thanks for the Patrons video !

1. I don't get why it is so important for Steph to get these 18th century panellings installed in a chateau where there were never ever any panelling of this quality ? The Grand Salon was never meant to have such grandiose panellings. Or if there were some panelling at some stage, they were more likely quite simple with no fuss.

2. It must be very frustating for the Patrons to know that their money is spent for a TV program and the chatelaine's glory (she says it herself : thanks to this TV program, Lalande is well know internationally...).

3. Everybody at Lalande (even Patrons) seem to think that it is absolutely normal that work as simple as to beewaxx the beams is done by a builder/plasterer (Ian) and not by themselves. Oh I forget : they are to busy, partying, drinking and traveling !
Good point indeed, why are they involved in the chateau DIY series...she doesnt do anything by herselves...there is a whole army of staff...

Reactions: 16
I don't believe a minute that they freeze there at all, why bother with closing shutters or curtains when she just bought a couple of fancy Dyson heaters?

Do you think Naty from Argentina can be bothered lightning a wood stove? Every single day during winter? Going out every day, fetching the logs, chopping it even small, making some kindling herself? And having to clean out the firebox and carry the ashes across the courtyard to the compost ( and removing the planks from Slymars gigantic compost🙄) ?
Sure, she could always ask Phil to do it.... He would open wide his eyes, look astound for a sec, but then quickly recover and say: my pleasure, if you could just show me how to do it?

All her clothes would get dirty. It's much more decorative to throw a shawl over her and have a quick run in her robe to the kitchen where Amaury can warm her up.

They heat with electricity, that's it. Convenient and fast, pushing aside the costs since the bill comes much later.
Seeing the state of the heating....i would not trust the state of the electricity...especially when you have electrical heaters all over the place...

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To be fair it’s a bit of an inconvenience if you die just being polite because you don’t want to bring up your allergies.
Tatyanna gives me Megan Markle vibes . She’s shifty.
Her and Salmar will be off soon . I get the feeling he’s had it with the place
Below the belt to suggest that this remark is in anyway connected to either Tatyana or Meghan Markle being of mixed race. The remarks addressed characteristics and not race or ethnicity.
I agree with you @Belladonna1969, I think Tatty is shifty and to prevent any misunderstanding:

SHIFTY. adjective
INFORMAL

1.(of a person or their manner) appearing deceitful or evasive.
"he had a shifty look about him"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
You know, there’s a reason why these large houses and properties required scores of servants and expense to keep them up. My first house was a small 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom bungalow built in 1941, about 950 sq. ft. The kitchen had 7 feet of countertop space! I renovated it from top to bottom and loved that house. So small and easy to care for. Then I moved to my current home, a much larger house, 3,500 sq ft., and renovated it. I love my current house, too, but there’s many times I really miss my first little house. It was definitely a lot simpler to clean and maintain…there’s truth to the phrase “live simply.”

'Tis the gift to be simple, ’tis the gift to be free - Simple Gifts, Shaker Song, Joseph Brackett, 1848
Couldnt agree more...

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.