The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re UK loo etiquette - it's a minefield. Toilet is a no-no, and it's most polite to not even obliquely refer to the loo function. So, say you'd like to wash your hands or powder your nose!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was thinking the same thing, he really likes to emphasis his thinness, which isn't something that is common in the young men I know, they want to look bigger so wear bigger clothes. I thought skinny jeans had gone out of fashion .... Wonder why he wants to wear such tight clothing all the time.
I think he likes an effeminate "look"... not that wants to have sex with women per say...just that he admires thin women. I bet he wears SJ's underpants and lingerie when they are alone together huddled in bed all day. And when they roll out of bed at 2 p.m. she picks out his clothes and he picks out grandma attire for her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
It probably is. Though it is ancient stone with pores, so it isn't a floor that will look clean.

Just found this bit where Selmar is putting the "grout" or sand between the stone tiles, so the floor has been finished for at least 7 months as this was mid May last year.

So Armoire put the toilet right on the special fossil stone. Why am I so surprised?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe Armoire is not as neat and tidy as we think. Selmar would have NEVER left those stones looking like that.
We all know who did the painting in there ..... she didn't clean up after herself and no one else has either .... looks like a job for a volunteer .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maybe Armoire is not as neat and tidy as we think. Selmar would have NEVER left those stones looking like that.
There was probably limited time to finish the work, make it look pretty, set up camera (for the surprise reveal) and film the video. It was all rushed and Anmury has no time to clean the floor.

Reactions: 13
Re UK loo etiquette - it's a minefield. Toilet is a no-no, and it's most polite to not even obliquely refer to the loo function. So, say you'd like to wash your hands or powder your nose!
or 'freshen up' ( in my case !), covers a multitude.;):D

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He likely had already been asked a 100 times previously and had declined 😆
I like that he was jamming to Sunshine of Your Love. I absolutely hate wine…mulled or no, but I would have hung with him at the fire with a beer. He seems like a cool dude to me.

Reactions: 9
I just had a thought. I wonder if the aunt and uncle were there this Xmas to see the extent of the work that is being and will be done by AM.
i have a feeling the payment for all this work is not going directly to AM but through the company. Washing the family money so to speak.
I was very surprised to see how quickly his machinery arrived. All that was not brought over by him and Dan in that small van. We never did see them unloading or taking delivery of it all.Only the one machine he unloaded. That workshopset up is very professional. I’m sure the company had a lot to do with it. i.e. his uncle.

edited to say maybe AM is not working alone. That workshop was set up in record time. May have a helper or helpers/ employees not on camera. That framework built for the panelling in the G salon and moving said panelling, getting rid of the rubble also raising a flag. He is a super human if he did all that so quickly by himself.
I have a feeling that, if SJ takes off for any length of time, either to Venice, semi-permanently, or for long holidays, Amaury is going to find himself burnt out by all the responsibility if he and Nati are left in charge of everything. He will not only be the resident builder but also, the project manager, and indeed, the general business manager. Nati's lack of fluency in both French and English means than her capabilities for managing the administration are very limited. Even now, I don't know how she and SJ manage things like insurance or even paying the workers if they have to deal with tax, national insurance, etc. Nati would never understand the rules and regulations and SJ is so inefficient and can't be bothered. Even if BJJ and SJ did stay together, BJJ has neither the personality nor the sense and experience to manage either projects or people. Amaury is the only one who, despite his silly mistake in the use of the digger, is the only one there who could manage both projects and people. Russian Maria, if she were to stay, seems very capable and could probably do the admin., but otherwise I can see Amaury running the whole place and working long hours to do so. I only hope he will be paid sufficiently well. I wonder if IJ and Chantal had all this in mind when he arrived at LL, that he would run the whole place. He'd certainly achieve a lot more than anyone else has ever done there.

Reactions: 19
@ lolander, they all (chateau owners) used SJ to advertise their chateau & they all joined Ytube after she started earning patron money. The Fleuries even said in one of their patreon videos that they were advised by SJ to join patreon (Watch from 6.41 youtu.be/Zz3hjFMxHaA). They all contacted SJ for advice. SJ joined patreon early February 2020, the Fleuries joined Ytube & Patreon Dec 2020. The Fleuries had 1 video with 1.5m views Ytube will always recommend that video but that doesn't mean that they would suddenly have 40,000 subs (in 3 months) 11 months after the video was released. The 40,000 subs I'm referring to is within the last 3 months (Oct 2021 - Dec 2021). I know people with more views than that from more than 1 video & they LOSE subs months & years later. FRK also went foraging at Lagorce & another talented Anna was happy to show them her home. I also wonder why they are not reducing their patrons & patreon earnings as they finish their projects & achieve their objectives. A successful YTuber has millions of views & followers & wouldn't use (or need) patreon, SJ is more successful on patreon than Ytube.

The Chateau YT community might be mainly English but the men haven't been lucky. SJ has at least 2 more young & beautiful chateau friends (acquaintances) from UK who are also renovating chateau's, I wonder how the US fans (& patrons) would react if they joined Ytube (& patreon)? One of them already has fans (on Instagram) begging her to join Ytube, she has a beautiful chateau.
Yes, all the chateau owners 'used' SJ to advertise their own chateaux, except the Fleuries. (You can also say that SJ used their chateaux for her own purposes 🤷‍♀️.) Their first video was uploaded on Dec at the same time with their Patreon account, of course SJ's success on that front helped the decision to set it up. But their Patreon account started to grow only after their video went viral, it was not SJ's doing.

The 1,5 million views on that old video and 40k subs happened at the same time (Oct 2021 -Dec 2021). There was no 1,5 million views already and then suddenly all the subs appeared. That year old video was new to the viewers since they've never seen it. There's some kind of misunderstanding that the Fleuries and SJ share the same audience, there's some overlap but mostly completely different crowds, the stuffed animal sending grannies don't watch the Fleuries.

The Fleuries are using their Patreon funds only through their non-profit association for restoration, the projects they've finished are not 0% tax restoration projects. They're RENOVATION projects and no patron money was allowed to be used in them. They're collecting Patreon funds (they need heaps) for their longhouses which are in ruins, they can use patron funds to secure the structure, to reinforce the walls, to replace rotten beams, for the new roofs, doors and windows. For the rest they'll have to pay from their own pocket. It's SJ who uses the funds as she likes to turn derelict store rooms and hay attics into complete apartments, that is renovation, not tax deductible and she'll have to pay the taxes from the patron funds as well. That's the reason she'll never show the receipts of her Patreon account.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I like that he was jamming to Sunshine of Your Love. I absolutely hate wine…mulled or no, but I would have hung with him at the fire with a beer. He seems like a cool dude to me.
Uncle Stephen is vlog gold too. The man has a great sounding voice and is a natural on camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have a feeling that, if SJ takes off for any length of time, either to Venice, semi-permanently, or for long holidays, Amaury is going to find himself burnt out by all the responsibility if he and Nati are left in charge of everything. He will not only be the resident builder but also, the project manager, and indeed, the general business manager. Nati's lack of fluency in both French and English means than her capabilities for managing the administration are very limited. Even now, I don't know how she and SJ manage things like insurance or even paying the workers if they have to deal with tax, national insurance, etc. Nati would never understand the rules and regulations and SJ is so inefficient and can't be bothered. Even if BJJ and SJ did stay together, BJJ has neither the personality nor the sense and experience to manage either projects or people. Amaury is the only one who, despite his silly mistake in the use of the digger, is the only one there who could manage both projects and people. Russian Maria, if she were to stay, seems very capable and could probably do the admin., but otherwise I can see Amaury running the whole place and working long hours to do so. I only hope he will be paid sufficiently well. I wonder if IJ and Chantal had all this in mind when he arrived at LL, that he would run the whole place. He'd certainly achieve a lot more than anyone else has ever done there.
If Amuary is there for the the long-term, he better make sure he get's his financial fair share & cut of the money! What's in it for him if all the financial gain goes to SJ, Potty & Nic?

Reactions: 15
or 'freshen up' ( in my case !), covers a multitude.;):D
does anyone say
""comfort break" ? I knew I was in a lower class out here when I heard that. I would just say please stop at the next garage I need to use the lav. Iris nuns always said lavatory, its stuck with me. lol

Reactions: 5
There was probably limited time to finish the work, make it look pretty, set up camera (for the surprise reveal) and film the video. It was all rushed and Anmury has no time to clean the floor.

I admit, Armoire did not seem at all thrilled with his work on the loo, while Fanny was in her usual over hyped hyena state of excitement over the results. Maybe the changes made in the loo, (pipes, toilet moved to corner over the fossile stone) were actually Fannys ideas, and she wanted us to believe Amoire was working on surprises in secret for her in the loo so that Armoire would be held responsible for ruining the fossile stone and the wonky placement of everything instead of herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
When you think 🤔 about how early 🚪 we uncovered a lot - certain agents had specialities and were celebrated for their skills .

Mad so many are trying to lay claim of late … post and it’s repeated .

Very telling - Christmas 🎄 has been many a revelation 😈
It might be isolation or the post Christmas woolly head but I'm totally at a loss as to what @MojoDublin is saying here.
Yes I'm a dog lover and those are my old quotes.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if auntie and uncle have really come to the Shitoo to see about purchasing the Shitoo from Fanny for Amoire and Natti? That could explain the moving all his tools to the shitoo. Fannys original plan was to flip the farmhouse wasn't it? It would also explain all the decorating (putting lipstick on a pig) to try and make it look prettier (if nobody looks to closely) for selling purposes, and just hiding all the things that need restored.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
And he knows how to handle an axe.
And he dresses flashy, some all orange, some cuff links .... he's entertaining, that one!

I admit, Armoire did not seem at all thrilled with his work on the loo, while Fanny was in her usual over hyped hyena state of excitement over the results. Maybe the changes made in the loo, (pipes, toilet moved to corner over the fossile stone) were actually Fannys ideas, and she wanted us to believe Amoire was working on surprises in secret for her in the loo so that Armoire would be held responsible for ruining the fossile stone and the wonky placement of everything instead of herself.
That totally sounds plausible. And Amaury is loved and adored by the fans, so I wonder if she is hiding behind that thinking "they won't critiuqe this if I say it was darling Amaury's idea."

I wonder if auntie and uncle have really come to the Shitoo to see about purchasing the Shitoo from Fanny for Amoire and Natti? That could explain the moving all his tools to the shitoo. Fannys original plan was to flip the farmhouse wasn't it? It would also explain all the decorating (putting lipstick on a pig) to try and make it look prettier (if nobody looks to closely) for selling purposes, and just hiding all the things that need restored.
They would have to be INSANE to purchase it ... it's a horrible investment, they'd lose money. HOWEVER, I can see them coming on and SJ finding some role for them, ie. project manager that could fall into an area that she could pay them out of the Patreon fund. That's where the money is right now.

Reactions: 14
The dubious disgusting history of the gold bedspread was discussed a while back, and someone suggested it hadn't been cleaned since... late to the party but I just watched a back episode where Hanni and Steph take it to a launderette, because Peachick Ian had pooped on it when the bedspread was in the kitchen - there, I feel better for clearing that little discussion up :)
View attachment 950291View attachment 950293
Nice try, but that's not the golden bedspread, but a yellow one. Like I said, there was no animal involved in the incident with the golden bedspread.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.