The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why (as I haven't heard anything about it) but I think they are planning to buy something for themselves, like a farmhouse close to the shittoo. A farm would suit Armoir much better and he can make a vlog about the restoration based on what Dan did and is doing. They might even go for that farmhouse Oliver was so interested in, as it's really close to the HMN and Nutty could basically walk to work then. Anyway, just a suggestion, what I would do, because any permanent residency at her shittoo is like a voluntary lockup in an insane asylum.
I remember that vlog where SJ and Oliver stopped to view that farmhouse. It was only once I was more familiar with the lay of the land that I realised how close it was to the Chateau and that they basically drive right past it whenever they come to the Chateau. It was an Ah ha moment for me and I realised it was one of those smoke and mirror vlog content moments. Oliver is never going to live at the a chateau nor buy a house near it.

Reactions: 10
I took this screenshot and can't quit laughing. Is he harkening back to the late 60/early 70's rockers with extremely tight pants, bulges and high heels? Or the metal bands? Hey every single style seems to come back around so maybe he is on to something :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 949903
I think he is aiming for a you Russell Brand!
1A8A4C99-DCE7-440C-854D-5EEEBC2B0570.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
As you have now made several posts informing Tattle that Amaury and Nati are going on honeymoon next month, the following may be of assistance to you. Hope that helps - unless of course you are trying to draw attention to your repeated mis-use of the term?

View attachment 950330
When you think 🤔 about how early 🚪 we uncovered a lot - certain agents had specialities and were celebrated for their skills .

Mad so many are trying to lay claim of late … post and it’s repeated .

Very telling - Christmas 🎄 has been many a revelation 😈
Mirroring

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was thinking that too Jeeves....... why is Aunty there - was she spying for IJ ??

I believe an ambulance was sent to the Chateau for Squirrel Boyfriend who came over all sweaty and dizzy from the lifting ! 🚑🐿🦔
In aunty's defence... my nosy ass would be there too.. I would not be able to contribute anything and most likely would be in the way of people doing the actual work.. But I would be there because I want to see what's going on....

My contribution would be in form of making sarcastic funny comments to lift the mood, if not lift the heavy panelling! 🤡:LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Whilst I was shocked when I read this, it actually could be a brilliant business move by SJ. This couple seem very entertaining and entertainers. They could be supervising the bnb business, possibly cooking or hosting guests allowing SJ to travel and not be tied to chateau during summer. They may be able to manage this independently for SJ. It seemed to have a high revenue in 2021. Natti can barely answer emails in English/French. But where could another apartment be located? Why not just stay in IJ’s? Or take over Marquis appt and rent out Natti’s? Or perhaps……drumroll…..they are going to buy Nic’s 40% and his apt..!?!?!
If Nick had any sense he would get out, but probably not going to happen. If I was Aunt and Uncle, there would be no way I'd want to live in that cold hole with reno going on all the time. But time will tell

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Do they have computer knowledge to do the booking? Amaury and Natti are going on honeymoon in Argentina, is there any Covid in Argentina? Do you think the parents will want to live at their age in a freezing château?
Aha.... but the heating is being sorted next year....... don't hold your breath though

Last night's Positano Diaries cast the best shade when Carlo commented they were heading to a youtubers Chateau."Not THAT chateau"
Yes I picked up on that too x

Reactions: 8
Stephfending here because I also grew up in another country and only talked with my parents their mother tongue- if at all, usually we all spoke a weird mixture.
I understand everything but I speak it with a strong accent though I even went to the language school in the afternoon for a couple of years. And I certainly don't speak complicated sentences. I, too would take someone with me to discuss legal things with the mayor for example.
I guess she even speaks with mummy English when alone with her.
Yeah and sometimes kids mispronounce things or make up names for special people, and it because it's so cute it sticks.
My Husband called his Grandfather Yaaya & his Aunt Bubby. My boys called My Dad Grand-hammer! Because he always bought and used his hammer when he came to our old run down house, when they were pre-schoolers.

No it's not to my taste, what on earth are those wooden side bits? But you've really got to admire their work ethic. And their four sons are charming.
I've been trying to work out what the little wood side bit is? I think the bigger bit is conservatory and has garages. Anyone know about the little bit? Is it a mud room type thing? I'm hoping we will see in what they are in one of the shows eventually.

Reactions: 7
I had it yesterday, impressive, that's how thinks are done! No faffing, no snorting, professionals at work, or well trained volunteers. I tried to find the financial plan for phase 1 and didn't find it, for phase 2 they are trying to raise 300'000 euros, and have 2/3 already.
This was fabulous...... I'm having to wait until April to have some units and work top fitted in my kitchen.... just one of these guys would have it done in a day.... anyone got a phone number please?... I'm going to have to put this on my watch list... soooooooooo goooooooood xx

Oh I don't know, I've heard far worse! 😂 For Tattlers from outside of the UK, it refers to a penny charge to use a public convenience.View attachment 950663
it's 20p nowadays.... doesn't have the same ring... I'm just going to spend 20... sounds like a drug meet up. 🙈 :ROFLMAO:

In no way should we believe that the patreon unveiling of the loo was her first time seeing it. They had set up the camera angles etc so we would not get a full view of PJ in the mirror.
What had Amoury put down the loo?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
In the patreon video her aunt, uncle and Amaury enter the kitchen from the door that leads to the staircase to IJs apartment / the courtyard (Nics place). I suppose they stayed in Nics because there is heating. The decorating of the tower room or whatever room that was for their arrival, was just for advent vlog content imo.
In one of the advent vlogs, SJ and Snorts were primping up one of the bedrooms in the chateau for Auntie and Uncle complete with hideous fake garland over the wardrobe and stale candy in Snorts favorite porcelain covered dish. As far as I can remember, there wasn't anything said about them staying in Nic's place. I have the feeling that Nic and Marie's apartment is off limits to visitors.

Reactions: 11
A Catholic friend of mine once said to me in regards to my mother-in-law, " There is nothing worse than a person converted to Catholicism." And in this case, she was right!
There's nothing worse than a convert, period!

Reactions: 8
I wouldn't buy into the shitoo unless I owned 51%, could overrule my crazy, lazy neice and ensure proper renovation & infrastructure improvements were made to the shittoo. At their age I'd want an asset that would grow in value after 18 years the shitoo hasn't increased at all in value because of SJ's silly, half-assed approach to running the place.
I wouldn't buy into the shitoo unless I owned 51%, could overrule my crazy, lazy neice and ensure proper renovation & infrastructure improvements were made to the shittoo. At their age I'd want an asset that would grow in value after 18 years the shitoo hasn't increased at all in value because of SJ's silly, half-assed approach to running the place.

There!... i fixed it for you 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I am not feeling well, getting my Covid test in 30 minutes, but that video made me laugh out loud several times!!! Superb!
Good luck with your test. My daughter has Covid so we're doing Lateral Flow Tests every day. So far so good they're negative

Yeah and sometimes kids mispronounce things or make up names for special people, and it because it's so cute it sticks.
My Husband called his Grandfather Yaaya & his Aunt Bubby. My boys called My Dad Grand-hammer! Because he always bought and used his hammer when he came to our old run down house, when they were pre-schoolers.

I've been trying to work out what the little wood side bit is? I think the bigger bit is conservatory and has garages. Anyone know about the little bit? Is it a mud room type thing? I'm hoping we will see in what they are in one of the shows eventually.
I think they are mud rooms. It'll be nicer when the shingles fade to a sort of silvery grey, but I question them being there at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.