The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@lolander I am not talking about their sudden success, I know a lot of people who have more views than they have from one video & they don't suddenly get 40,000 extra subs more than a year after that video was released & they don't use patreon. If they were so successful, why did they have to approach (& use) SJ for advice on how to get patrons? If it was SJ or someone else that got 40,000 subs in 3 months, some would be suspicious. The Fleuries finish projects but have not decreased their patrons or the money they need. Their success on patreon is because Anna is from UK. I have noticed that the only 2 successful people on patreon from their Chateau YT community are ladies from UK & most of their patrons sre from US some of them ike the UK accent (the posher the better) e.g Lisa Vanderpump a US fan favourite. Also I don't think the Fleuries are more talented or organised than the other chateau owners. They are finshing their projects but still want more patrons & money. I think they all manipulate the viewers for donations but 2 of them got lucky (on patreon), they are not really successful YTubers.
It was FRK who went foraging there and SJ & Snorts decided to tag along. It was SJ who wanted content for her vlogs. I think they handled her intrusion quite graciously and showed her in their vlog only for 10 seconds, SJ made several episodes of them. SJ's advice was about the non-profit organization, Fleuries had a Patreon account already. They owe diddly squat to SJ. When people started to watch their mural video and liked it, the next logical video to watch is their tour of the chateau video which always has been their most watched. The algorithm started to suggest this video to a lot of people too which then went viral. Out of 1,5 million views only 40k subscribed, I don't think that's a phenomenal result. And like @Jikki2 already said their subs and views align. I don't know what is your definition of YT success but both SJ and Fleuries make a living out of it, they're not YT stars, that I agree of.

MPK gained 65k subs and SJ 35k on April last year. Are you suspicious of them too? There's always the element of luck in every viral video. What you do after that is what counts. MPK blew it, SJ's channel has stagnated, I hope the Fleuries will do better but it's too early to say. At least they're much more prepared and have a professional view to go forward with it.

About the Patreon and English ladies, I must remind you that Chateau YT community is English through and through, there are a lot of English chatelaines with 'posh' British accents who are not successful with their Patreon. Personally I'm not a fan of Patreon, if you have the money to buy a chateau, you should have the money to live in it and to restore it. If people want to donate $5-10 monthly for additional content, want to belong to a community/fandom and have a chance to communicate with the creators, fine, but anything more is delusional, you're still a stranger to them and it's nothing but a customer relationship even they 'invite you to a journey with them'. If you really want to save French heritage the French Heritage Society and many other societies are better value for your money and make a real impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I love the loo too! Painting the ceiling white somehow brings it all together. Hopefully they put some glass panel above the sink to protect the horrible seam and wallpaper… that is stupidly expensive. I’m sure there’s hundreds of gorgeous papers that would have had the same effect. SSB is a terrible researcher. She finds the best of the best because it’s easy. I think that she speaks as loud in her mind as she does with her voice- to drown out boring rationality. How tiring. Maybe she does need to travel, by herself… without a camera. Maybe she could find a Walton… or her inner Walton. Shhhhhhhhh SSB, Shhhhhhhhh.

Wait where are the images of this loo?? How have I missed this?

Reactions: 2
Calm down Louise, calm down. It's not like Harry and Meghan.

Louise Dole

10 hours ago
I think you ought to know that Selmar or Tatyana are using an image of LaLande on their YouTube channel. This is exactly what I mean that they are using Stephanie's Brand to promote their own site and possibly profit from using the LaLande House.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It was FRK who went foraging there and SJ & Snorts decided to tag along. It was SJ who wanted content for her vlogs. I think they handled her intrusion quite graciously and showed her in their vlog only for 10 seconds, SJ made several episodes of them. SJ's advice was about the non-profit organization, Fleuries had a Patreon account already. They owe diddly squat to SJ. When people started to watch their mural video and liked it, the next logical video to watch is their tour of the chateau video which always has been their most watched. The algorithm started to suggest this video to a lot of people too which then went viral. Out of 1,5 million views only 40k subscribed, I don't think that's a phenomenal result. And like @Jikki2 already said their subs and views align. I don't know what is your definition of YT success but both SJ and Fleuries make a living out of it, they're not YT stars, that I agree of.

MPK gained 65k subs and SJ 35k on April last year. Are you suspicious of them too? There's always the element of luck in every viral video. What you do after that is what counts. MPK blew it, SJ's channel has stagnated, I hope the Fleuries will do better but it's too early to say. At least they're much more prepared and have a professional view to go forward with it.

About the Patreon and English ladies, I must remind you that Chateau YT community is English through and through, there are a lot of English chatelaines with 'posh' British accents who are not successful with their Patreon. Personally I'm not a fan of Patreon, if you have the money to buy a chateau, you should have the money to live in it and to restore it. If people want to donate $5-10 monthly for additional content, want to belong to a community/fandom and have a chance to communicate with the creators, fine, but anything more is delusional, you're still a stranger to them and it's nothing but a customer relationship even they 'invite you to a journey with them'. If you really want to save French heritage the French Heritage Society and many other societies are better value for your money and make a real impact.

Amen to all of that. However I really like the Normandy couple. They have renovated before and they do complete their projects. Mostly because they have a REAL BUSINESS. SJ's business is YT. The Normandy couple has actual guests they sem to treat quite well. Plus her wallpaper - it's stunning. I also think you have to be mega talented to work at Balmain. I do think really care about the accent - unless it's Henry Cavill (the obsession continues) 🤣😍

Calm down Louise, calm down. It's not like Harry and Meghan.

Louise Dole

10 hours ago
I think you ought to know that Selmar or Tatyana are using an image of LaLande on their YouTube channel. This is exactly what I mean that they are using Stephanie's Brand to promote their own site and possibly profit from using the LaLande House.

What's the matter with Harry & Meghan?? They escaped the pedophile loving / protecting family ? They also do not lock up any disabled people and NEVER EVEN VISIT. That whole family can just go drown itself- so entitled, condescending & arrogant. Ugh, judging people on their accents still. Proud to be from here. Oh, and Montecito- where H&M live - its really like HEAVEN. Like the south of France, without the French🤣🤣🤣

Oh vey, I am the product of a Brit, and a French Canadian Aussie, but am a Yank/Canuk/Italian (it's a long story no one cares about), and have always used the terms, "loo" "bog roll" (I still have no idea why "toilet paper" sounds so funny to me, but it does) and when someone says "chips", I assume Maccas- "What do you mean Pringles? Or a bag of Walker's? They are crisps, not "chips". " None of the Shitoo lingo (often times it is a bastardization of the French language) really rings a bell with me, other than boulangerie (somehow, they did not F$$$ THAT one up.)
But how about your "ginch" or your "gonch". How's your "bag" 😋 sorry to be crass. Plus my male friends favorite " the Canadian ballet" 🙄 I will say, some of the best I have seen😅

I was thinking of the past years too, definitely was pizzas in the pizza oven, with each making their own custom pizzas. The bathroom was a disappointment after all that time was expecting something much grander the wallpaper makes it claustrophobic well at least they have a throne now on the main floor kudos to Amoir for at least completing it

And I am going to go crazy if I don't see this loo to figure out how badly she screwed it up!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
After watching the Patreon vid, I just have to say, from a professional driver position, that the maneuvering of the panel by Sir Snorts and Man Bun was not the Scando Flick! Sorry, My work nickname is Scando Flick and I'm really good at it.

It's maneuvering the steering wheel in the opposite direction. Potts, the F1 photographer, was probably laughing.

The "flick" part comes from the technique of "flicking" the wheel in a direction opposite of the turn to build up angular momentum.

Again, sorry for my Ted Talk, but professionally I'm offended! Hence my name. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Is anyone following Sarah Beeny's New Life in the Country? Talk about panelling and moldings and cornices - stunning although perhaps not authentic/original but replicated inexpensively. She also visits gorgeous castles to get inspiration. And to your point, everything she shows is more
refined with 'carved' detailing. Way more sophisticated looking.
No but since she's been mentioned twice now I'll have to check her out. Should I know her from something or is she just a random YouTuber?

Reactions: 3
No but since she's been mentioned twice now I'll have to check her out. Should I know her from something or is she just a random YouTuber?
No she's not. She's a property developer and tv presenter. She and her husband already renovated a huge stately home which they sold. They sold their London home and bought land and a farm and built a mansion on it that they're now decorating internally. All episodes are on Channel 4 catch-up. Sarah is really interesting, check her out on Wiki.

Amen to all of that. However I really like the Normandy couple. They have renovated before and they do complete their projects. Mostly because they have a REAL BUSINESS. SJ's business is YT. The Normandy couple has actual guests they sem to treat quite well. Plus her wallpaper - it's stunning. I also think you have to be mega talented to work at Balmain. I do think really care about the accent - unless it's Henry Cavill (the obsession continues) 🤣😍

But how about your "ginch" or your "gonch". How's your "bag" 😋 sorry to be crass. Plus my male friends favorite " the Canadian ballet" 🙄 I will say, some of the best I have seen😅

And I am going to go crazy if I don't see this loo to figure out how badly she screwed it up!
It's on the patreon video posted earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?
Can't say that I have. Most Americans don't use the term toilet, we use bathroom or restroom, neither of which make much sense, since we neither want to take a bath or rest.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
No she's not. She's a property developer and tv presenter. She and her husband already renovated a huge stately home which they sold. They sold their London home and bought land and a farm and built a mansion on it that they're now decorating internally. All episodes are on Channel 4 catch-up. Sarah is really interesting, check her out on Wiki.

It's on the patreon video posted earlier.

I liked them when they renovated the stately home, but I don't like the design of their new mega mansion.

Reactions: 7
Can't say that I have. Most Americans don't use the term toilet, we use bathroom or restroom, neither of which make much sense, since we neither want to take a bath or rest.
We use bathroom and washroom the most here in Canada.

No look at the Patreon's video, the floor is not done.
yes it is!!! LOL .... Selmar pulled up those ancient stones and trimmed some from the china pantry and reinstalled them! It needs a clean, but it is done! You don't install a toilet until the flooring is done.

edit to add, you can see it at 18:14 of this vlog
CHICKEN RUN!! - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don't like the downstairs powder room (sounds so much better than 'loo') as everything is out of proportion. The scene on the wallpaper is too big for the space. The mirror is too big and gaudy. The square toilet is too modern. The vapors from perfume, if used, is going to be suffocating for the next visitor to breath in, plus it's so pretentious. And, let's not forget, that it's unfinished.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Congratulations to @Jeeves Mammoth task for thread 100 :m :m :m :m
@Jeeves
VIP Member

27 minutes ago

Thank you for the gift of naming this thread. Here's my wish for SJ for 2022.

Thread 101: Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

Most Liked On Thread 100

MojoDublin
VIP Member

Monday at 12:09 PM
For the festive season
Just released the vlogs … outtakes
SSB collecting the bread 🥖
View attachment 949385

Nutti - showing her true self

View attachment 949387

Armoire trying to look involved

View attachment 949389
METHERICK 2021
it’s been a witch of a year

View attachment 949390
Snorts … as he is daily
View attachment 949392

Reactions:sherpastew19, FancyFace, Camembert and 68 others

Jeeves
VIP Member

Monday at 10:41 AM
Thank you @MojoDublin for creating our 100th Thread. Thank you to Kotare and Frankie G for the title, for those like @Clara Burnett , @Jikki2 @KiKiGee who dig deep to seek out the truth, Tattlers like @Gibson2 who bring their wit, charm and logic to our threads and stalwarts like @ComtesseRose , @Espe , @Le Comte de Monte Cristo, @Marquis de Potpourri and his fiancé, @sandro37 , @Definitely Maybe @Heathcliffe and many others who have joined us since thread 1. Even those who arrived with the sole intention of causing disruption (You know who you are! :cool:) have only succeeded in strengthening our resolve. It's strange to have developed bonds with so many people who we have never actually met!
Here's to the next 100 threads!

Last edited: Monday at 10:59 AM
Reactions:You, FlyByeNight, Petit Sange and 59 others

@RWChatter

Yesterday at 5:19 AM
It's official. I am no longer a Count ($20) of LaLande. After lying to 95-170k (growth) over the year, I'm done being used and deceived by Mademoiselle Common UK Tart Stephony Jarvhole. Going to increase my donation to my local PFLAG chapter and Food Bank.

Thank you Tattler's for providing reason and reality!! :D

Reactions:You, Shateau Scrounger, Mikkelmouse and 56 others

@Clara Burnett
VIP Member

Monday at 2:36 PM
I guess it's inescapable to thank SJ for being so dishonest it kept us raging for more than a year now and more 100000 posts. It's crazy and scary to realize just how much she has gotten away with so far. I for one hope there will be a happy ending (for us) soon, but if not, promise to try and keep us walking the line. So thank you, SJ, Snorty, IJ, MPK, FRK, Nutty, Armoir, Dan but more importantly, Thank you @Jeeves for organizing and thank all of us for the fab work we're doing!

Reactions:You, NoIAmNotAHorse, Sillywidget and 55 others
Here here. Here’s to 100k more !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Brilliant 🤩

Thank god I’m not the only one seeing Phil transition into Philipa
View attachment 949824
Cos he’s only a beard 🧔‍♂️ for SSB

Ain’t no way in hell she’s doing anything other than him as a project ….
Potts could barley keep his face straight with pippip quotes of CM measurements….

It was just toe mortification to watch 😈
BJJ was like a kid among grown ups with all of his annoying philipicating.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Looks like Sillymar & Tatty are stuck in the UK.....

Rachelle Leddy
Beautiful wallpaper! Has amaury replaced selmar?
9h

Stephanie Jarvis
No, they’re very different people, with different approaches and techniques. Both are lovely, but Amaury was able to finish where Selmar couldn’t, because he was able to do the coving himself. And sadly Selmar can’t get back to celebrate the reveal with us because of restrictions - he and Tatyana were supposed to join us for New Year’s Eve

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Looks like Sillymar & Tatty are stuck in the UK.....

Rachelle Leddy
Beautiful wallpaper! Has amaury replaced selmar?
9h

Stephanie Jarvis
No, they’re very different people, with different approaches and techniques. Both are lovely, but Amaury was able to finish where Selmar couldn’t, because he was able to do the coving himself. And sadly Selmar can’t get back to celebrate the reveal with us because of restrictions - he and Tatyana were supposed to join us for New Year’s Eve
Oh yes, they are very different people all right. What she really meant was that Armoire gets the job done, while Dulmar puts around whispering to himself. I would have been embarrassed to have been Dullmar at the great reveal. A bit insulting if you think about it. Oh, by the way, here's the guy that couldn't get it done. Take a bow Dullmar!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.