The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine if Annalise said to Dan , on his day off at home,

'Next time you go running to Lalande when Stephanie clicks her fingers I'll flood your studio again '
I can’t help remembering her facial expression in the vlog when they were drying up the first flood. She plonked the towels on the floor with an ‘I told you so’ expression. Did anyone else interprets that from her facial expression and body language?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t help remembering her facial expression in the vlog when they were drying up the first flood. She plonked the towels on the floor with an ‘I told you so’ expression. Did anyone else interprets that from her facial expression and body language?
She gave him a good glare!! I can totally relate! When stuff like that happened with our kids my husband and I were often really annoyed at each other while cleaning it up. If this happened at my house my husband would be upset at me saying I should have watched the kids more carefully, and I'd be upset at him for not locking up his stinking studio and leaving things where the kids could get at them. It would be normal at my house to be glaring at each other!!

Reactions: 28
Like the Fleuries have said, one of their old YouTube videos went semi-viral and has 1.5 million views now. The video has a catchy title and YouTube sometimes promotes old videos like that. Many channels gain most of their subs through few popular videos. Some channels also gain over a million subs in their first year so Fleuries are not really growing very fast at all. Fleuries' views to subs ratio looks healthy as well. YouTube numbers can be all over the place so I wouldn't make big assumptions based on those numbers.

Now, I'm more interested if anyone thinks that the Lalalande panelling might be fake and just made to look old? I'm not entirely convinced it's from the 18th century. I wish I could get a better look at the back of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Stefanny got duped.
The back of the panelling does look rather ‘clean’

...I don't know what to say.
Both of Mojos post went right over my head. 😂 still trying to figure out what is actually being said and referred to. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I took this screenshot and can't quit laughing. Is he harkening back to the late 60/early 70's rockers with extremely tight pants, bulges and high heels? Or the metal bands? Hey every single style seems to come back around so maybe he is on to something :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 949903
Not in my worst drunken stupor!! He is so nasty!! 😳🤢😳🤢

I don't like the downstairs powder room (sounds so much better than 'loo') as everything is out of proportion. The scene on the wallpaper is too big for the space. The mirror is too big and gaudy. The square toilet is too modern. The vapors from perfume, if used, is going to be suffocating for the next visitor to breath in, plus it's so pretentious. And, let's not forget, that it's unfinished.
Just for you, dahlink 😘
1640848708205.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't like the downstairs powder room (sounds so much better than 'loo') as everything is out of proportion. The scene on the wallpaper is too big for the space. The mirror is too big and gaudy. The square toilet is too modern. The vapors from perfume, if used, is going to be suffocating for the next visitor to breath in, plus it's so pretentious. And, let's not forget, that it's unfinished.
Who the hell sprays themselves with perfume every time they go to the loo. One application a day in the morning on your skin, not your clothes is more than enough. I remember this I read once. ‘You are not a dog to leave your sent everywhere you go,

Looks like Sillymar & Tatty are stuck in the UK.....

Rachelle Leddy
Beautiful wallpaper! Has amaury replaced selmar?
9h

Stephanie Jarvis
No, they’re very different people, with different approaches and techniques. Both are lovely, but Amaury was able to finish where Selmar couldn’t, because he was able to do the coving himself. And sadly Selmar can’t get back to celebrate the reveal with us because of restrictions - he and Tatyana were supposed to join us for New Year’s Eve
She was getting desperate to actually reveal SOMETHING before the end of the year, that is why AM was instructed to focus on the loo. Our observations on here are speaking loud and clear. I’m sure there have been rumblings in the Patreon community too. She has achieved absolutely nothing this year but now she can say she did. The loo! But we all know that it is not finished. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Today I learnt how to share youtube videos so they start where I want them to start (anywhere within the video). Most of you probably know how, but thought I'd share in case anyone is interested. When you click on share, before you copy the code there is a box underneath the code. Tick the box and add the time you want the video to start playing from. Then copy and paste into your message.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
The sconces are on different walls which is why the shelf and the mirror are not centred with the sink. The loo is beyond wonky on so many levels.

View attachment 949905
I’m sure Selma had them on the same wall. I remember he had them up on the frame which had been put in place with the wash stand to get the centering right

Reactions: 4
You put it so bluntly but yes, you're right. She's very insecure and empty inside, and she senses it. Why else she'd live in a chateau, have all the parties and act like a fun teenager but to ask and try to be worthy of friends and their acceptance? It's beyond sad, all the begging and tricks she pulls for adulation and trying to be more extravagant than anybody else just that you notice her. She needs the confirmation constantly to feel accepted. Having an absent overindulgent father and neglecting cold mother has turned her into a narcissist. But the damage is done and there's no cure. I have some empathy for her as well since we know why she's transforming her not so grand salon into a fake shell of Versailles, just to impress us. Nevertheless, we must remember the old rule to put our own oxygen mask on first before helping others, being around her is like second hand smoking, you'll get sick eventually.
Could not agree more, well, maybe the last bit: being around her, you'll get sick quickly and inevitably.

So Selmar's pipe work for both the toilet and the whb had to be reworked.
In her language that was a very direct way of saying "Do not ever come back, you slow working amateur. I have found myself a better one, you are no longer needed".

The bathroom is done! Overall, I like it…especially the chandelier. It has working fixtures. But I guess my OCD is kicking in. You can see the wallpaper seam to the left of the shelf above the sink. That would drive me crazy…especially when it’s in such a prominent place. And the shelf and mirror aren’t centered over the sink. I guess we can chalk it up to…character?

View attachment 949542
And NO protection of that overpriced wallpaper from water splashing, obviously.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS
Patreon downstairs loo big reveal
It only took 16 years to figure out how to buy a sink and a toilet and get them installed??? That makes zero sense.....My husband did that in a day for our bathroom, plus he replaced the floor, painted the walls, and refinished the bathtub)...and he's not a carpenter, just an engineer working on my "honey-do" list one weekend. She acts like he performed some type of miracle. Anywhooo....what the f*** was Dan doing there? Why is he not having dinner with his family?

Reactions: 27
Sorry to be somewhat off topic, but I wanted to divert for a moment into Channel 4 related TV holiday viewing, just as an antidote to the LooLooLand (you know, strictly for health related/medicinal purposes, ha!!) Someone in the earlier thread mentioned Sarah Beeny's New Life in the Country at Christmas episode - thank you, just caught up with it and really enjoyed it! Must be said I do have a love/hate "relationship" with the Beeny/Swift couple, sometimes they come across nauseatingly smug, but I do give credit where credit is due, her 4 boys are wonderful, good parental guidance is clearly on display there!
Also, for anyone in UK/Ireland can't recommend highly enough another Ch4 episode - Christmas at Castle Howard that aired on December 15th, oh my! They do say you can't buy taste, however you certainly can hire a very expensive team of Christmas elves to help put on the most the most extraordinary festive extravaganza experience! Watch it, if you can, you won't regret it.

Reactions: 8
I guess it’s because they decided to angle the toilet, so all that plumbing had to be redone.
I guess it's because Selmar is an incapable bungler, like most of her volunteers. It's not only the plumbing for the toilet done wrong, but the sink as well. She could have seen that coming if she herself knew anything about what she's supposed to be doing, but for her renovating a loo is about what perfumes are put upon a shelve.

you put in poshy pollard pear trees complete with fountain and box hedging and then you plonk down a BBQ and cook there!
And then eat inside! Ri-di-cu-lous!

It looked like Oncle chopped up some treated wood for thie bbq fire. The wood had a yellow stain on the exterior. Hmmm carcinogenic meat, paaarfect.
They really all are a bunch of morons that deserve each other, aren't they?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Here's some youtube links to Sarah Beeny for people who can't get channel 4. Some diy that actually gets done!
A little light relief from Fanny and her lot.

Reactions: 7
I love the loo too! Painting the ceiling white somehow brings it all together. Hopefully they put some glass panel above the sink to protect the horrible seam and wallpaper… that is stupidly expensive. I’m sure there’s hundreds of gorgeous papers that would have had the same effect. SSB is a terrible researcher. She finds the best of the best because it’s easy. I think that she speaks as loud in her mind as she does with her voice- to drown out boring rationality. How tiring. Maybe she does need to travel, by herself… without a camera. Maybe she could find a Walton… or her inner Walton. Shhhhhhhhh SSB, Shhhhhhhhh.
Yup- sorry, quoting myself because I didn’t have time to add these screen shots for context in the moment!
8D4F3D50-9FE2-4D63-BFC0-20A92D2CFEFA.jpeg
1186AF3D-5045-42E6-A021-7B0BE108DEC3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just had a thought. I wonder if the aunt and uncle were there this Xmas to see the extent of the work that is being and will be done by AM.
i have a feeling the payment for all this work is not going directly to AM but through the company. Washing the family money so to speak.
I was very surprised to see how quickly his machinery arrived. All that was not brought over by him and Dan in that small van. We never did see them unloading or taking delivery of it all.Only the one machine he unloaded. That workshopset up is very professional. I’m sure the company had a lot to do with it. i.e. his uncle.

edited to say maybe AM is not working alone. That workshop was set up in record time. May have a helper or helpers/ employees not on camera. That framework built for the panelling in the G salon and moving said panelling, getting rid of the rubble also raising a flag. He is a super human if he did all that so quickly by himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Oh

Oh I KNOW, I bloody know I am appreciated KyBangBang, not everything needs spelling out. Adults have brains, we know things. We read between the lines, subtleties...it is the civilised way. This American shouting everything out is not how we do it. I know you adore me, now stop it.
Pretty sure we all know how the Brits do everything in a "civilized" (spell check on your English) way, lol......because you're constantly reminding everybody in the world...all the time....but I digress, we're supposed to be critiquing the CD, not the Americans ;)

Reactions: 2
So Dan was gardening on Boxing Day?

I’ll repeat my corrected 2022 prediction - Annalise returns to UK with or without Dan.

I am not suggesting Dan is playing up. I am suggesting he is just not focused on his family IMO.
It has been said before, but again: there's no such thing as boxing day in France. Ordinary working day. I have no clue what Dan was doing at the shittoo, but to me it looked like he was just hanging out with his bff Armoir. It's really too bad they connected so well, because that's what is keeping him coming to her dump. Clever move, SJ, hiring your cousin...

I'd poop in there.
Me too, and then rub some against the unprotected wallpaper. But that's just vindictive little me, I guess.

Have been reading tattle for a while, but never commented. I found on Chantal Richmond's facebook page a picture of "Amaury" in 2014. The caption is Amaury, Jenna and grandson Joseph at Christmas 2014, at The Grange (the Richmond's home in Hoxne?). Amaury looks incredibly happy and young. I understood that Amaury had a break up, however didn't realize there was a child involved.
We talked about this before. As far as I know from my eyes and ears, this is not his kid. Armoir had many break ups, he can't really stick to one. Bad news for Nutty. She's better enjoy the joint holiday with the family in Argentina....

Interesting that he is there at la La, then I read a post that there is flooding again.....Strange n'est ce pas?
I don't know. Flooding happened on Wednesday, Boxing Day was Sunday. Not very relevant when you put it like this, is it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Some ditzy dame in the US will send bulbs in an upcoming cadeau.
But they won't be opened for at least 8 months!

I bet there are some! I know of some in Canada who do this in certain religious circles. They do it when their kids are young.
I've known a few "born again" Christians who do the birthday cake thing.....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Indeed - why was Dan at the shitto for dinner??. Suspect they'd been working feverishly all day trying to finish the downstaris loo, right up until dinner and filming time.
I think we saw in Dan's vlog that Armoir helped him with some wood for his studio? Wasn't that filmed on Boxing Day? Might be the reason he was at the shittoo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.