The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was the s word that rhymes with jazz. That's the offensive word. It's short for *******, which was used to describe people with a disability.

Note: The word "*******" has been largely erased from popular English usage and is deemed unacceptable to use outside of specific medical contexts, thus reducing stigmatisation of the condition.
I don't believe there was any intent at all to be offensive. That word is not a slur on this side of the pond (but perhaps should be)? I enjoy learning new perspectives on shared English words and phrases. I nominated the phrase "she's all fur coat and no knickers" for the thread I was assigned to peruse for 100th thread. As an American, I had never heard that expression before and found it hilarious. Then I saw it crop up in other threads and realized it was a common British expression. I almost asked Jeeves if I could change my nom, but figured poor Jeeves had enough to deal with!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?
Oh vey, I am the product of a Brit, and a French Canadian Aussie, but am a Yank/Canuk/Italian (it's a long story no one cares about), and have always used the terms, "loo" "bog roll" (I still have no idea why "toilet paper" sounds so funny to me, but it does) and when someone says "chips", I assume Maccas- "What do you mean Pringles? Or a bag of Walker's? They are crisps, not "chips". " None of the Shitoo lingo (often times it is a bastardization of the French language) really rings a bell with me, other than boulangerie (somehow, they did not F$$$ THAT one up.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
In my opinion the panels are 20th century. The style is very crude and they were made in the countryside by unsophisticated craftsman. There is no way they were made in Paris. They are made of wood panels mounted with appliques that were formed in wood pulp mixed with gesso that were heated - steamed - to soften them and attach them to the panels. Rabbit skin glue was mixed with the sawdust and gesso.

The seller would have known what they were. Sellers make up stories all the time -"it came from a palace and it's 18th century" How silly! Stephanie should not have been fooled, but when she wants something she convinces herself that the stories are true.

She could have made perfect, elegant 18th century style panels from scratch - it's pretty easy there are YT tutorials and you can buy the appliques online. I have lots of them and have done it myself. They even have original wood molds with sharp details.
Is anyone following Sarah Beeny's New Life in the Country? Talk about panelling and moldings and cornices - stunning although perhaps not authentic/original but replicated inexpensively. She also visits gorgeous castles to get inspiration. And to your point, everything she shows is more
refined with 'carved' detailing. Way more sophisticated looking.

Reactions: 15
So the Loo is reveiled..so no cutting the ribbon for Selmar..i guess that escape to come back is closed..for Selmar..one Dutchman out..another one to go..

The paneling...we all said it didnt fit..and it will never fit properly..and omg its so damaged..and old...why did she buy that stuff..i bet Amaury could have made something very nice..and fitting..what a stupid woman..when they make it fit..it will still look out of place..nbig time...if Amaury can make something of it..i bet he can get a lott of work..outside that poisoned heap..

Potts is making a BBQ for boxingday..because it is tradition..wasnt the tradition fireing up the pizza-oven at boxing day? 🙄 Tantinete is getting warm..and Tanatantsteven..wtf who calles his uncle like that...is cutting wood for the BBQ..:eek:

And than Snort crawling and talking about , like he is the buidlingmanager..with his high heels and too tight pants..around the panelingworks...he doesnt even have a nice ass..skinny witch..too flat..because he sits on it too much..

They at least have enough warm wine to get hem throught the evening..like 15 liters for the lott..and btw..why was Dan there??
I was thinking of the past years too, definitely was pizzas in the pizza oven, with each making their own custom pizzas. The bathroom was a disappointment after all that time was expecting something much grander the wallpaper makes it claustrophobic well at least they have a throne now on the main floor kudos to Amoir for at least completing it

not quite finished, BUT you can use the toilet and wash your hands, so that's something! The bits left are minor!
Can someone help me determine the placement of the sconces in the newly completed downstairs bathroom near the mirror? It was hard for me to tell if they were hung symmetrically on each side of the mirror. For a moment I wondered if they might be on two separate walls - as in one to the left of the mirror and the other on the toilet wall?!? The wallpaper is so busy that I cannot get perspective. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight until I am told the answer.
And perhaps if I get the wrong answer, I still won't be able to sleep. haha

• Haha
I was thinking of the past years too, definitely was pizzas in the pizza oven, with each making their own custom pizzas. The bathroom was a disappointment after all that time was expecting something much grander the wallpaper makes it claustrophobic well at least they have a throne now on the main floor kudos to Amoir for at least completing it
I suspect no one has bothered to clean the pizza oven chimney, as it was pretty much a fire hazard prior to 2021. SMH, they're all a walking disaster. Fanny, "What do you mean the chimney is in disarray?" Bae, it's just like your heating system. You've failed to maintain ANYTHING, just thinking magic faeries would do it for you. SMH. even your ghosts have said, "F-this, been here for 200 years, but peace, I'm out." And whilst I do NOT believe in ghosts, pray tell me the last time anyone saw Henri? Even THAT joker bailed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh vey, I am the product of a Brit, and a French Canadian Aussie, but am a Yank/Canuk/Italian (it's a long story no one cares about), and have always used the terms, "loo" "bog roll" (I still have no idea why "toilet paper" sounds so funny to me, but it does) and when someone says "chips", I assume Maccas- "What do you mean Pringles? Or a bag of Walker's? They are crisps, not "chips". " None of the Shitoo lingo (often times it is a bastardization of the French language) really rings a bell with me, other than boulangerie (somehow, they did not F$$$ THAT one up.)
I once dated a guy who's ex went to London for two weeks and came back with a British accent (like Madonna) and all of a sudden cookies were biscuits, fries were chips, etc. etc. I broke up with him partially because I thought his standards were too low, then realized I was insulting myself. I hate self-awareness, sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I took this screenshot and can't quit laughing. Is he harkening back to the late 60/early 70's rockers with extremely tight pants, bulges and high heels? Or the metal bands? Hey every single style seems to come back around so maybe he is on to something :ROFLMAO:
Philip.JPG

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
It's the word I used to describe Julie. It has two slightly different usages in the UK and the US. Still, not the best word to use regardless. I appreciate the correction.

Yes I meant her overexcitability that can make her seem ditzy. ( Is ditzy still ok to use? 🤔)
I remember a nanny from the UK telling me that she was shocked that someone called her “spunky” in Canada that can mean lively in the UK completely different meaning

It’s one’s front front bum !!!
It’s back bum in Canada 🍁

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't believe there was any intent at all to be offensive. That word is not a slur on this side of the pond (but perhaps should be)? I enjoy learning new perspectives on shared English words and phrases. I nominated the phrase "she's all fur coat and no knickers" for the thread I was assigned to peruse for 100th thread. As an American, I had never heard that expression before and found it hilarious. Then I saw it crop up in other threads and realized it was a common British expression. I almost asked Jeeves if I could change my nom, but figured poor Jeeves had enough to deal with!
Yes, totally agree there was no intent to be offensive. Should be a slur in the USA!

I'm not being 'woke' it's just that my son is living with special needs (note the new phrase of 'living with' rather than 'has'). I'm learning all the time! Don't get me started on they/them ze/zem etc! I'm trying, I really am but my daughter is quick to correct me!

• Heart
Can someone help me determine the placement of the sconces in the newly completed downstairs bathroom near the mirror? It was hard for me to tell if they were hung symmetrically on each side of the mirror. For a moment I wondered if they might be on two separate walls - as in one to the left of the mirror and the other on the toilet wall?!? The wallpaper is so busy that I cannot get perspective. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight until I am told the answer.
And perhaps if I get the wrong answer, I still won't be able to sleep. haha
The sconces are on different walls which is why the shelf and the mirror are not centred with the sink. The loo is beyond wonky on so many levels.

1640838283915.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I took this screenshot and can't quit laughing. Is he harkening back to the late 60/early 70's rockers with extremely tight pants, bulges and high heels? Or the metal bands? Hey every single style seems to come back around so maybe he is on to something :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 949903
I was just pleased they didn't have Dan there on a day off luggin panelling around and he could be home with his family!

Squirrelboy reminded me of a 5 year old little boy trying to help his Mommy /Daddy with a heay task. They try once or twice to be a 'big boy' then lose interest and run off to play. All very cute when it's a 5 year old, not a 25 year old. Surprised Squirrelboy didn't have gloves on to protect his delicate hands.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Why would you put the chandelier up in the loo , to only take it down again to re-wire it as she said it came from America and so different wiring !
Never does things in a logical way!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ugh! I hope she doesn't paint it. Personally, I would keep it as is. I prefer the "Chateau Gudanes approach" to renovations.
I'm waiting until SJ hangs her father's gaudy & racy art work up on the panelling. In this case don't think 2 wrongs will make a right.

I got the distinct impression that Potty was not impressed with Squirrelboy trying to insert himself in the panelling process. (Around the 12.30 mark)
Potty was just standing back with tea in hand and a silly smile, chuckling to himself, then just shirking his shoulders with a bemused look and not saying much. Clearly Potty is not best pleased with Squirrelboy playing 'King of the Castle.

Tante Chantal was also just standing back having a laugh - she's definitely IJ's eyes and ears!

SJ referred to her 'Little Red Riding Hood Cape' - was this a nod to Tattlelife?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
4 in the morning, waking up and realizing that our heater malfunctions and I can’t restart it.

I can’t even call a repair guy, because my brother believes in the „doing it ourselves“ mantra.
He is to cheap to sign an annual service contract.

service usuall day in my life…
Feel your pain. Boiler broke down a week before Christmas, and apparently we had to try things like installing a new pump and other spare parts before it was finally pronounced dead. Got new boiler on Christmas Eve. No heat or hot water for a week. Almost as bad as living at the Shatoo I imagine.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I didn't mind Bunbelina's dad till he disparaged the mulled wine. Just say "no thank you," if you don't care for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 949903
Almost appears as if he's serving up a plate of Fosse! (Bob not septic- well, maybe septic.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
You put it so bluntly but yes, you're right. She's very insecure and empty inside, and she senses it. Why else she'd live in a chateau, have all the parties and act like a fun teenager but to ask and try to be worthy of friends and their acceptance? It's beyond sad, all the begging and tricks she pulls for adulation and trying to be more extravagant than anybody else just that you notice her. She needs the confirmation constantly to feel accepted. Having an absent overindulgent father and neglecting cold mother has turned her into a narcissist. But the damage is done and there's no cure. I have some empathy for her as well since we know why she's transforming her not so grand salon into a fake shell of Versailles, just to impress us. Nevertheless, we must remember the old rule to put our own oxygen mask on first before helping others, being around her is like second hand smoking, you'll get sick eventually.

Subtle, I am not. However you will always get a fair shake and opinion from moi😋 even with all the damage done - at some point yoi have to take ownership of your tit - and fix it. Yes, I'm always this blunt with my kidfo to. She knows I won't lie to her and she knows she is fiercely loved.

What’s going on with BJJ’s beard 😱
View attachment 949599
It's a nasty neck beard. Like the Emperor Nero. They are equally popular🤣

Can we talk about the paneling? The ornate carving at the top is obviously meant for a much taller room. It looks ridiculous in that squat "Grande Saloon." Way too top heavy. Bunbelina could fashion a simple (and more appropriate to the room) paneling. And you just know Fanny will paint all that carved detail in cheap gilt paint (not real gold leaf) as she has done elsewhere in the dump.
can I ask why ANYONE would use gold PAINT... ugh.. and gold ANYTHING in the hunting lodge is just... ugh.

Even though she already saves ALL IF THE GOOD STUFF for her- I actually do hope she saves it and puts it into her bedroom/office - at least it would suit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.