The Chateau Diaries #100 That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scamโ€

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @FrankieG - Naming title 100๐ŸŽ…:m๐ŸŽ…:m๐ŸŽ…:m๐ŸŽ…:m

@Jeeves
VIP Member

Today at 12:08 AM

@MojoDublin

As we are likely to finish this thread overnight,I closed the poll at 12midnight GMT. The title for Thread 100 will be

Thread100: That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scamโ€. -by Frankie G.
(
Nominated by Kotare from Thread 19.)

Congratulations to both @Frankie G and @Kotare for the winning suggestion and thank you to everyone who played along.

Reactions:You, dumbblonde, KiKiGee and 40 others

To all that have rode the wave of tattle
VIPS for making the 1000 post - and those we lost STILL in our THOUGHTS.:m
and ALL TATTLERS ARE VIP:devilish:

@KiKiGee
VIP Member

1638899216570.png

Most Liked in Previous 100 Threads

As its Our 50th thread ....flashback Thread 1 ....Post 1 ....How Very Apt....
@pettyicequeen
Sep 1, 2020

I'd love for someone to start a topic on Stephanie and The Chateau Diaries (don't know if I can as a newbie)! Used to binge the vlogs but lately just feel like it's becoming weird with all the gifting and money-grabbing compared to the free labour from the volunteers.

I watched some older eps of Escape to the Chateau DIY and always felt that Angel has a lot of envy issues - she tries to hide it, but it's clear the show needs to always remind us that their chateau is the "OG" and superior to the others
Reactions:
You, Lalisa_mb, joanofbark and 11 others

Thanks to @ploppityplop2

@soll

Oct 2, 2020
I think most of us are here as fans, just not super wally hyper fans. The vlogs have brought me great pleasure and I really hope the special magic doesn't get tarnished. For me this site is just a bit of extra fun, and I read some valid criticism but definitely no hate.๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…

Reactions:thoughtcloud, Alice Strictknickers, Darling Life and 19 others

@frenchessence
Chatty Member

Oct 3, 2020
Really agree with everything yโ€™all saying. SJ said editing takes about 8 hours per video ... she must be under such a stain to keep churning it all out, to get it uploaded, then to gather everyone around for the dreaded Pass-the-Parcel (eye roll), even good natured Selmar (a gentle soul!) looks so uncomfortable at having to vocalise appreciation for yet another dog-chew, & Iโ€™m sure Marie prefers to be chopping up cheese rather than sitting next to Hani for an hour.
Someone (maybe the gorgeous-not-put-a-foot-wrong-so-far Nati) should advise Stephanie to set some boundaries - and start to produce quality (as earlier) not quantity. Her old videos were so charming ... and there was something genuine & unforced about her friendship with Michael . I felt a little sorry for him back then. ... he always looked rather gauche & uncomfortable - a bit of an outsider amongst SJโ€™s other more glamorous, worldly extrovert friends. He showed such a sensitive side to his character with his composing & piano playing - and art ... heโ€™s a very good illustrator. - but I have never been able to watch a whole episode of DIO. I can see that he & Stephanie were enchanted with each other - just as friends. I notice thereโ€™s not been any more mention of her chateau road trip channel with MP ... her new art/food/travel channel with the divine Oliver seems to have taken its place maybe? Those two are fabulous together - they could be the new Kirstie & Phil (location location location) though Iโ€™m not sure his beautiful wife Camilla would like that ! But for heavens sake, how much more can Stephanie possibly take on ? How she sustains that energy level & positivity is incredible.
Letโ€™s face it, Stephanie is a one-off. A golden girl. She is still the Queen of Chateau blogging imo, Those hangers on - no matter how pleasant, wouldnโ€™t have got anywhere without the connection to her. They obviously benefit from her but I fear ultimately, her association with them, if continual, may dilute her own vlogs. She is her own magic & a supporting cast of volunteers, Isobel, old friends, builders/restorers is more entertaining than some new kids on the block tripping over themselves to vlog at Lalande. No matter how โ€˜chirpyโ€™ and โ€˜cheekyโ€™ they are.

Btw stephanie should get a commission from Zara every time she wears that yellow floral dress . Iโ€™ve never been into floral clothing but she looks so lovely in it I found myself trawling through EBay looking for one ... now that IS crazy. Thankfully there were none online - Iโ€™d never have done it justice ๐Ÿ˜ ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…

Reactions:Delizia, BladeGunner, agualilas@ and 19 others

@Jikki2
Chatty Member

Jun 30, 2021
@Le Comte de Monte Cristo said:
I guess i missed the point...not English..but for sure it is better then....Hi... i am Stephanie...and this is my home... :D the 16th century bla bla bla...
Hi!
I'm Stefanny.
And this is my heap.
The sixteenth century farm house of Lalaland.
Lalaland was owned for two hundred years by people born with a silver spoon in their mouth who could not have been further down in the noble pecking order. One of them was even forced by the king's vassal to meet that hated enemy Austrian woman on her arrival in France.
But, far from being a clean museum, this dump is a living home for rodents and bats.
I visit here between my travels, and I'm regurarly joined by an old witch, my lonely step-brother, my cult members and the undeclared workers from all over the world who begrudgingly do all the work for me in this crumbling heap.
Welcome to Lalaland.
A dump filled with grabbing, scrounging and grifting.๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…

Reactions:You, agualilas@, mmff and 54 others

@Arfarf
VIP Member

Jun 30, 2021
It is really bugging me that stupid SJ made the remark that her videos are NOT about renovating the chateau!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ 
Then give the $370,000 BACK to the fools who GIVE you the income. You don't want to use it to renovate or restore or NOW film about the chateau? THAT IS WHAT THE PATREON MONEY WAS FOR!!. AND VIDEO PROOF OF IT!! NOT TO SEE YOU AND YOUR RAG TAG GANG OF MISFIT TOYS PLAY AT BEING ADOLESCENTS AGAIN!!!
We don't want to see your bare ass! Or your ugly useless boyfriend. Or Teats tits. ๐Ÿ˜
We are interested in the chateau, you blooming idiot!

Then give ALL the money back and keep filming about your drinking and partying. See if the DYI channel wants you then. See if your Patreons FINALLY get a clue and drop you when the money is only spent on YOU!
Oh. You don't want to do that either?
What a b*#@h!!!

I think I need a drink now!๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…

Reactions:You, mmff, AndAnotherName and 44 others

@Jeeves
VIP Member

Aug 11, 2021
Just for laughs...... poor delusional Caroline!
Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 00.28.55.png

Reactions:You, Aquablue, Parrfect Porcelane and 34 others

@Gibson
VIP Member
Aug 11, 2021

Seeingitasitis said:
DIO - Day 4 was alerted to the fact that MP was bleating on again about his stolen wall paper design and sure enough - showing the evidence of his work on the design. I don't think that was ever in dispute. What was in dispute was that he was paid once (and reportedly twice) for his work. So I had a look - he does not have originals, copyright is owned by D&A so legal action out of the question. Think he is trying to provoke D&A again. Not a good idea. I think he wants them to take the action, have his day in court and win. It won't work MP. All his fans are telling him to design more stuff and they will buy it - have they not learned that he does not take anything past the finishing line - they will be waiting like mugs, for their mugs for ever.
I would happily pay into a Go Fund Me account for Dick and Angel to sue the backside off that scrounging little sh*t. He is the lowest of the low and I have no sympathy whatsoever for him. They happily have some traction (I quite like that phrase) to link themselves to ETTCDIY when it suits.
He needs to get off his backside, do some work and gain some self respect.

Reactions:You, Nat9319, FlyByeNight and 33 others

....forward into the breach dear AGENTS of Tattle
๐ŸŽ… ๐ŸŽ… ๐ŸŽ… ๐ŸŽ…

in addition to ....where would we be without
[IMG alt="Clara Burnett"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/176/176095.jpg?1611669892[/IMG]
@Clara Burnett
VIP Member
Nov 12, 2021

ggyahoo said:
@Dippy Hippy You beat me to it. I was just thinking that SJ can't fool anyone from the UK that she is classy, knowing her upbringing and schooling in Framlingham, and the context of her family background. She's a small town girl, and I'm not knocking that cos I'm the same, but she doesn't seem to have benefited from going to Oxford or mixing with those of a higher culture or intellect. She has no hobbies or interests except shopping, dressing up, eating out etc. There are books in the house but they are uncared for and apparently unread. She mugs up on topics for her vlogs and tours but has no depth of knowledge or understanding. The Christie's debacle where she was pitted against experts had to be viewed through hands.
Spot on. Her level of intellect, or better, as you put it, her lack of depth of knowledge and understanding, is what gives her away in all situations that really matter (the non-party-world) and that could earn her some points if she would just dare to try. The fear of being exposed for who she truly is however drives her constantly, even though she has managed to learn some tricks to deflect. Because of these diversions (charm, sex appeal, promising but empty chitchat) it might not be very noticeable during a superficial first meeting and by robbing Wikipedia she manages to fool a lot of her viewers into thinking she's a real know-it-all instead of the opposite. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
The look on Philip's face might have been a bit more surprised if he had received a nutcracker instead of fish cutlery. Or maybe he is allergic to fish too? His birthday gifts were extravagant, I'm sure the cutlery set was just a token gift for the camera.

Loads to catch up on.
I hope you all had a decent Holiday. Personally, I'm a little relieved it's all over.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Thank you @MojoDublin for creating our 100th Thread. Thank you to Kotare and Frankie G for the title, for those like @Clara Burnett , @Jikki2 @KiKiGee who dig deep to seek out the truth, Tattlers like @Gibson2 who bring their wit, charm and logic to our threads and stalwarts like @ComtesseRose , @Espe , @Le Comte de Monte Cristo, @Marquis de Potpourri and his fiancรฉ, @sandro37 , @Definitely Maybe @Heathcliffe and many others who have joined us since thread 1. Even those who arrived with the sole intention of causing disruption (You know who you are! :cool:) have only succeeded in strengthening our resolve. It's strange to have developed bonds with so many people who we have never actually met!
Here's to the next 100 threads!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Thanks and appreciation @MojoDublin and @Jeeves on this momentous day. โ™ฅ
@Kotare and @Frankie G โ™ฅ the ๐Ÿงตtitle.
Thank you fellow TATTLERS, for your wit, humor and most of all your valuable truth and insight. โ™ฅ

"Light is the best disinfectant."
โ˜€SHINE ON TATTLERS!!!!

1640601245375.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Thank you once again for the thread Mojo ... Oh boy 100 !!!! Wow!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ
Started with a desk
Never thought it would come to this
It started with a dressing gown
I never thought it would come to this
๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Absolutely astounding that we are here ๐Ÿ’ฏ and nothing has changed. In fact it has become more manic, chaotic, devious and out of touch. Will be honest .. I did not see that coming but on the other hand something about them didn't sit right or I wouldn't have bothered to engage here. The fact that posts of well meaning constructive criticism have seriously rattled them from the start actually kept me here.

Thanks for the laughs everyone :ROFLMAO: :love:
Thank you for the astute observations and actual clarity :geek: โœ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿ’ผ๐Ÿ•ต๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ and for keeping to facts, legalities and common sense when all around you are losing theirs

In between the serious concerns we like to skit, well I certainly do, British humour :unsure:๐Ÿ˜‚ self effacing thick skinned teasing or downright taking the pifh

Mr OG .. would like to see the accounts
I told him .. don't hold you breath

๐Ÿ™โœ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ’–

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Our Epic 100th thread! Thank you @Jeeves for organising the vote and for your humour.
Dear M, thank you for continuing to keep us all in line and your hilariously wicked videos.
Fellow Tattlers thank you for your thoughts (even if I don't agree some of the time) I enjoy them and I have learned many things, riveting points of view.I cannot add more to what has already been said.

Tattle on :)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
For the festive season
Just released the vlogs โ€ฆ outtakes

SSB collecting the bread ๐Ÿฅ–

Nutti - showing her true self

Armoire trying to look involved

Snorts โ€ฆ as he is daily

METHERICK 2021
itโ€™s been a witch if a year

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
@Jeeves thankyou for your amazing work and initiative in having a celebratory thread title.
@MojoDublin thankyou for your work with starting the threads. Really appreciated.

On the otherside of Christmas Tattlers - roll on 2022.

I had a moment to reflect on when I joined Tattle Life - thread 3! Such wit and insight I found. I look back at how far SJ has come since I first posted. Since I joined Tattle Life (post patreon membership), she has no heating, no lake, no chapel restored, no shutterdogs, no downstairs loo....the list goes on. SJ has achieved so much since I joined in thread 3. Literally 99 steps backwards. It really is extraordinary how so little has been achieved by so many volunteers and hangers on given so much money given by patreons.
With 2022 I look forward to MoBG arriving at La La (Mother of Bubble Girl). BJJ has commenced inviting his reinforcements to join him at La La. Strap in SJ you are in for a bumpy ride in 2022!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Percy Attfield needs a stiff drink, (or meds) and a nap. ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿ’Š๐Ÿ›
Caroline and Teabag also got in on the action.
Replies from the CD's Christmas day vlog comments...

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
The Super Jarvis ladies.

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
As she always does!

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
Covid nearly delayed the Christmas buckets. Then it would have become a New Years event

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
Pleased we could provide tears of happiness.

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
The Jarvis women have determination.

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
Brave heart is a new name I shall treasure; thank you.

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
All well now. We are glad Stephanie did not disrupt everything by traveling to South Africa for an extended time.

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
Isabelle has an impressive history. Amongst many other things creating a successful business from nothing. Only their shared vision, determination and hard work.

Percy Attfield
16 hours ago
You speak truth; she is amazing!

Percy Attfield
17 hours ago
The Jarvis women are tough; they keep going!

caroline gooder
8 hours ago
Yes and yes

caroline gooder
8 hours ago
Mr. Potts is one of the owners of Lalande.

caroline gooder
7 hours ago
I lost my sister a few years ago and it is still hard to take. I am sorry you have to go through this.

caroline gooder
8 hours ago
Behind the camera and on the ladder getting the Christmas Sacks off the ceiling. Silly Elves

caroline gooder
7 hours ago
Selmar is with his love Tatyana for Christmas this year. Watch his Vlog and look at the kickstarter page they have created.

caroline gooder
15 hours ago
@Percy Attfield Thank you for taking such great care of Isabelle and yourself. It is wonderful you do the food buckets together and that ours are following suit. Merry Christmas.

caroline gooder
15 hours ago (edited)
@niya nicola I have had likes before and can't afford to be a patron, so that is not true. I checked and you got a โค from CD before.. LOL. I think you need a Christmas Hug and Prayer. Sending one your way.

Doing It Ourselves
1 day ago
Yay, I wasnโ€™t expecting this one. Xxx

The Chateau Diaries
1 day ago
Weโ€™re all missing you here, Michael โคโคโค

caroline gooder
11 hours ago
Thank you for arranging with Stephanie the food panty donations.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
1640609049986.png

Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
I had a booked doctors appointment but developed a slight cough so the day before I went to have a test to show the doctor the next day that I was negative so she would see me, but I was positive so had to cancel!!!!! Big surprise. I was then treated by the GP and didnโ€™t get any other symptoms. I count my blessings.

@10:44 a different story is being told...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
@Jeeves thankyou for your amazing work and initiative in having a celebratory thread title.
@MojoDublin thankyou for your work with starting the threads. Really appreciated.
Thank you, but I can't take credit for the initiative for the celebratory thread title as both Mojo and Marty had fairly similar ideas. I merely volunteered to co-ordinate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Went to bed and it was thread #99โ€ฆwoke up and it was thread #100. I missed the rollover!!!! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 100 threadsโ€ฆover 100,000 posts! Thank you @Jeeves for organizing the thread name, and thank you @MojoDublin for putting the new thread together and all you do! And, once again, thank you Michael Petherick for directing me to Tattle!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Just wanted to say that the title of this thread is soo true, that's why I landed here. I found so many of you sharing my misgivings on the shenanigans of the lady of the lost lake and her entourage. Personally I don't like commenting on peoples' appearances (they can't help those), but their choices, including grooming ones (e.g. PJ's scraggly neckbeard), hell yes. Let's see what the new year will bring us! Will anybody prepare a list of possible scenarios we can vote for? My main questions are: for how long will PJ still be SJs toyboy? How long will Amaury remain after completing the grand salon? How dramatic will the Selmar&Tatyana debacle be? When will the first Lalande project finally be complete (I guess the downstairs loo)? What will Dan do after his endless studio renovation/brico runs vlogging (totally bored with that)? How many travels will SJ manage in the next 3 months, blissfully ignoring the raging pandemic? When will there be an end of the hedgehog/squirrel gifts? (I think soon, the last gift grabs were sending out signals, by showcasing the type of expensive "gifts" they really appreciate)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
View attachment 945421

Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
I had a booked doctors appointment but developed a slight cough so the day before I went to have a test to show the doctor the next day that I was negative so she would see me, but I was positive so had to cancel!!!!! Big surprise. I was then treated by the GP and didnโ€™t get any other symptoms. I count my blessings.

@10:44 a different story is being told...

Sorry I'm never going to catch up.. so jumping like a frog on hot coals and seeing where I end up..I will have to back track as I progress....SJ says covid stricken IJ was hospitalised..IJ tells it like she just liaised with her own doctor whose probably told her to take paracetamol and drink plenty of fluid. If it worsens seek further advice. This is why by being truthful you don't have to remember anything. Just tell it as it is...I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.