Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grannypants

Chatty Member
I just want to say (and I’ve had 4 wines so pls be nice) that it’s so lovely to see the community we’ve built on this thread and how people feel comfortable sharing their past experiences of relationships and how they link to Taylor’s songs.
I don’t have many people in my life who love Taylor’s music like I do so it’s so wonderful to come here and not feel stupid or silly for feeling so deeply about her music! It feels like a really safe space and such a welcoming commmunity! It’s definitely my favourite thread on here 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 43

The Downfall of Us All

I’ve only just found this thread!
1989 came out while I was with my abusive ex boyfriend, I remember especially listening to Bad Blood in the bath with my glass of wine while I was avoiding angering him. Wildest Dreams was another one I’d listen to, imagining someone coming to sweep me off my feet and away from him. It turned out the hero that saved me from him, was me.

It’s weird now hearing the re-release, with her raw vocals (especially “still got scars from your knife on my back” - so true) as a very happily married woman so many years on! It’s quite emotional actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

QueenBW

VIP Member
Screenshot_20231029_203211_Instagram.jpg

A writer I follow summed my feelings about the million different albums and her becoming a billionaire pretty well. When will it be enough?

• Heart
Reactions: 34

QueenBW

VIP Member
I know you guys must think I'm dead inside but it's all so cringe. And her changing the words to songs she wrote for someone else kinda cheapens the whole thing to me but oh well.

Also thinking of being in Travis's situation, I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend sang me songs written for his ex.

And recreating the run to hug him like on Miss Americana with Joe? Yikes.

Reactions: 32

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I’m all for being self made - or as self made as Taylor is considering the family wealth that kickstarted her career. But there are no reasons for Billionaires to exist. That’s a disgusting amount of money.

Reactions: 31

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Sat in my new house, listening to 1989 (Taylor’s version) and eating take out with my fiancé. It’s been a good day!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
I'm cynical but I feel like Taylor writes her diary like someone who knows she's going to post pieces of it online...

• Haha
Reactions: 29

estellastheme

Chatty Member
I know you guys must think I'm dead inside but it's all so cringe. And her changing the words to songs she wrote for someone else kinda cheapens the whole thing to me but oh well.

Also thinking of being in Travis's situation, I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend sang me songs written for his ex.

And recreating the run to hug him like on Miss Americana with Joe? Yikes.
Yeah I clocked that run for a big Miss Americana re-enactment. The camera person right there getting up close pictures of the whole kiss. It was utterly unhinged. So was the lyric change. Then again this is the same woman that mouthed I love you to Matty Healy during a show six months ago, so…

Maybe I’m dead inside too - or too much of a Scorpio - because this just made me even more cynical.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

wordzalad

VIP Member
Im not surprised. He basically said in an interview if a woman doesnt sleep with him by the 3rd date it gives him second thoughts 🙄

Also oral sex is a deal breaker for him and he said all this publicly.

So no breeder does not shock me.
As in he doesn’t give it? Sorry but if a man isn’t willing to eat the ham sandwich, it’s a red flag

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Luce0331

VIP Member
I’ll be really surprised if there are any big changes.
Some of you were convinced we were getting a double 1989 album and look how that panned out

• Haha
Reactions: 26

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Regardless of anything else, Argentina absolutely won with the mash up of Is It Over Now?/Out Of The Woods. I would’ve gone feral if I was there last night to witness the smile just before she went into OOTW. She knew exactly what she was doing!

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
thoughts on this thread… 😬
Hmmm. It has made Taylor a lot more money, definitely. But I don't believe it's money she craves (it's not like she was skint), it's validation and power. Years of slut shaming, haters, criticism, misogyny and not getting credit where it was deserved will do that to you.

The thing is though... We know Taylor's voice has improved with age. We know she has loads more gems in her many vaults. We love her music. We want her to own it. We want to see a woman have this power. We get joy from all of this.

Why not give the fans what they want? There's enough misery in the world.

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Yeah that’s a good point, it just seems so…staged. 🤣 maybe it’s a bit of both, they are dating but also enjoying the public interest
Someone needs to remind her that in her life she’ll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team… it seems to be her whole personality lately

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Re: being papped with friends. I just find it weird, and a bit annoying that she’s always front and centre. Like she’s their leader or something. All of those other women are accomplished, rich and famous too yet it seems to be The Taylor Show. That’s what makes it seem disingenuous to me.

foolishone

To all the N6 Toronto swifties, sorry you’re not going to the “last night of the eras tour” anymore, lots of love from N6 London swiftie #beentheredonethat

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
Thank God tour is restarting for a couple weeks cause that WAG content is making me cringe way too much.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Folkevermore

VIP Member
We can all have our own opinions, I just don’t understand why she can’t “reassure” him privately? Honestly, I’d cringe if any of my friends acted like this in their 30s. Maybe I’m just too British to understand this over the top American behaviour.
Also karma is a metaphor not an actual reference to a particular man so it doesn’t make sense

Reactions: 24