• Now That We Don't Talk

Votes: 50 22.3%
  • Suburban Legends

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Is It Over Now?

Votes: 96 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Tiggerhappy

Recap: Happy 1989 TV day. Is something else coming? Who knows. šŸ¤”
Taylor has been confirmed as a billionaire today.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Itā€™s me, hi!
---
Please send me some cash TayTay I know you a billionaire now

ta

šŸ˜©šŸ˜­
IMG_1170.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Iā€™m all for being self made - or as self made as Taylor is considering the family wealth that kickstarted her career. But there are no reasons for Billionaires to exist. Thatā€™s a disgusting amount of money.

Reactions: 31
To my Swiftologist fans... anyone else heartwarmed by the fact he kind of
fathomed I Know Places.
šŸ˜‚ I love Zach he's so funny.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m all for being self made - or as self made as Taylor is considering the family wealth that kickstarted her career. But there are no reasons for Billionaires to exist. Thatā€™s a disgusting amount of money.
True but keep in mind that half of that billion is her music. Not to mention all the property she owns.

Reactions: 5
I need to bust out my knitting needles because I canā€™t keep spending Ā£70 on low quality acrylic cardigans

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Iā€™ve only just found this thread!
1989 came out while I was with my abusive ex boyfriend, I remember especially listening to Bad Blood in the bath with my glass of wine while I was avoiding angering him. Wildest Dreams was another one Iā€™d listen to, imagining someone coming to sweep me off my feet and away from him. It turned out the hero that saved me from him, was me.

Itā€™s weird now hearing the re-release, with her raw vocals (especially ā€œstill got scars from your knife on my backā€ - so true) as a very happily married woman so many years on! Itā€™s quite emotional actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I know people always talk about how much sheā€™s worth, but I wonder how much it costs be to Taylor Swift? If you think about management, lawyers, accounts, assistants, hair, makeup, styling, security, travelā€¦.how much does she need to earn every year to cover her costs? Iā€™d imagine itā€™s a lot.

Reactions: 15
Just been in the most unhinged eras screening but my CDs have shipped!!! Also sad that thereā€™s a cardigan for this I was hoping the countdown might be for a video

Reactions: 8
Late to the party from the west coast of the US, having had meetings from 8 a.m. and only now free to listen to the vault tracks before another meeting! But I think if Slut! and Say Don't Go had come out in 2014, I would have not survived given my emotional state at the time.

Reactions: 3
wait ... there's 13 days til her next show in argentina, do we think she's revealing a dlx feature track everyday until then?

also!!!!
IMG_1991.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Am I really going to drop Ā£70 on another cardigan before I even receive the first one I ordered? Yeah.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know people always talk about how much sheā€™s worth, but I wonder how much it costs be to Taylor Swift? If you think about management, lawyers, accounts, assistants, hair, makeup, styling, security, travelā€¦.how much does she need to earn every year to cover her costs? Iā€™d imagine itā€™s a lot.
I bet she gets so much free stuff too though. Clothes, makeup, experiences etc.

Also a lot of that will benefit in the long run even if it is a cost initially e.g. her accountants, publicist, lawyers etc protecting her wealth and ensuring she gets opportunities to keep making money/invest wisely etc.

Reactions: 6
I mean, yes, being Taylor Swift is expensive but not a thousand million's worth of dollars expensive.

I'm saying this with peace and love, because I can't tell if you're trying to justify the concept of billionaires (The downside of forums! If you aren't, ignore me!) but one million seconds is 12 days and one billion seconds is 31 years. It is an obscene amount of money. A person couldn't spend a billion dollars on solely themselves if they tried.

Let's not forget how young she is too. She's got another 40 years of singing left in her, probably. She's only going to rake in more.

Edit: a word

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Iā€™m surprised at how emotional Iā€™ve been by the re-release. The OG came out at a time where I was also in an abusive relationship with my ex - are they everywhere?! - and clean was so significant for me at the time when I finally left. Iā€™d attached so much of the bad memories of him to that album that I really havenā€™t really enjoyed listening to it much over the years

Weirdly, because the 1989 era lasted so long, so many of the lovelier songs such as you are in love and wonderland are ones that I sent to my now husband when I first got the feels! So itā€™s always been an album of two halves, reminding me of a really tit and really wonderful time in my life and it really caught me off-guard today with how the entire album is linked to such a transformative part of my life. Itā€™s also been really lovely reading all day how it had been ā€˜the oneā€™ for so many of us, I think the fact that it spanned so long because of her hiatus meant that it stayed with us all through the dark & the light. Something that no other album has really done for me since.

I always rank 1989 really low because Iā€™ve clearly attached lots of feels to it but today I rank it much higher and just feel super emotional at how far Iā€™ve come. Plus sending songs from this album back in the day to my now hubby turned him into a die hard swifty so it mustā€™ve done something right!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m surprised at how emotional Iā€™ve been by the re-release. The OG came out at a time where I was also in an abusive relationship with my ex - are they everywhere?! - and clean was so significant for me at the time when I finally left. Iā€™d attached so much of the bad memories of him to that album that I really havenā€™t really enjoyed listening to it much over the years

Weirdly, because the 1989 era lasted so long, so many of the lovelier songs such as you are in love and wonderland are ones that I sent to my now husband when I first got the feels! So itā€™s always been an album of two halves, reminding me of a really tit and really wonderful time in my life and it really caught me off-guard today with how the entire album is linked to such a transformative part of my life. Itā€™s also been really lovely reading all day how it had been ā€˜the oneā€™ for so many of us, I think the fact that it spanned so long because of her hiatus meant that it stayed with us all through the dark & the light. Something that no other album has really done for me since.

I always rank 1989 really low because Iā€™ve clearly attached lots of feels to it but today I rank it much higher and just feel super emotional at how far Iā€™ve come. Plus sending songs from this album back in the day to my now hubby turned him into a die hard swifty so it mustā€™ve done something right!
This is so lovely, and relatable ā¤ the album was a split for me too, the toxic relationships side but then the other half was like what I WANTED from a relationship while I was still in that place. Iā€™ve always said that 1989 was one of ā€œthoseā€ albums for me, I rarely listen to an album on full and whenever I do/did, in hindsight it was emotionally linked to either a happy or sad time of my life!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I mean, yes, being Taylor Swift is expensive but not a thousand million's worth of dollars expensive.

I'm saying this with peace and love, because I can't tell if you're trying to justify the concept of billionaires (The downside of forums! If you aren't, ignore me!) but one million seconds is 12 days and one billion seconds is 31 years. It is an obscene amount of money. A person couldn't spend a billion dollars on solely themselves if they tried.

Let's not forget how young she is too. She's got another 40 years of singing left in her, probably. She's only going to rake in more.

Edit: a word
Iā€™m in no way just trying to justify it, Iā€™m honestly just fascinated about what itā€™s like to live that life and have such an insane amount of money output just for your day to day life to function in the way that her life does. Itā€™s genuinely crazy. Iā€™m not saying that sheā€™s in anyway hurting for money or will ever have to worry about money. But the machine behind her is a lot.

Sydney Sweeney did an interview a while ago talking about all the expenses that she has and itā€™s just not something that I thought about. Thereā€™s a lot of people behind the scenes that make these people.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.