Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
The girl gang always makes me wince. Like yeah, I get it. Growing up not being the cool popular girl does make you yearn for a girl group later in life that you can feel cool and popular with, but she’s at an age now where she should know that quality is better than quantity. And there’s no doubt these pictures were set up for a reason, if they all wanted to go fairly incognito to meet up for a chinwag they could have. Everything has to be a spectacle.

Reactions: 24

QueenBW

VIP Member
Like she's 1.80 cm tall. I don't know why people expect a dainty little fairy princess hand. She's tall and she isn't super small boned. It's normal 🤣

AND yeah proof right there of what I was saying. No one looks great all the time. She's human. When she doesn't want to be papped she will literally put an umbrella on her head. If her arrival in Buenos Aires doesn't convince people that every single pap walk in NYC and moment at the stadium in KC has been staged, nothing will.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Karma isn't ABOUT Joe. It's about Scooter/Kanye. Yes it has Joe references, but the song is about all the good things in her life versus the negatives in theirs. I did feel for her when the news broke that she was having to sing "karma is my boyfriend" and "boy on the screen coming straight home to me" when that was no longer the case, so I don't blame her ONE bit for changing the lyrics there. Travis is making her happy, it's a song about happy.

The run to hug him. Yes it looks like a recreation. And maybe a wee dig at Joe because he wasn't there waiting for her, she had to go looking for him, BUT maybe that's how she greets her man when she's dying to see him (and smell him, lol (20 years in but I remember the early days)).

If Travis hadn't been stood there, or if she just walked over, people would have said "why did he not greet her, her dad did the other night?", "she ran to hug Joe, not Travis". She can't win, lol.

Let her be herself and let her hug the giant sexy man.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I feel like Taylor is making this WAG thing a bit too much of an identity and it’s a bit cringe. The whole WAG scene is cringe in general to be honest.
Literally being someone’s girlfriend is the only side of her she’s bothered to advertise lately (other than parading herself around with her hot friends). 1989 got left in the dust

emerald

VIP Member
I can't help but find these pap walks a bit cringe and pointless. 1989TV is the biggest selling record of the year by a big margin, there's not really a big reason for this fake photoshoot. Being orchestrated to be seen with a bunch of hot female celebrities brings to mind her pre-cancellation, again. Yes, I believe they could be genuine friends, but that's a lot of star power in one image. It's contrived.

QueenBW

VIP Member
She might call them but there’s no way she’s paying them. The paps make so much money from Taylor. They would be running to wherever she is to get a photo.
I don't mean pay them necessarily like they're on her payroll. But yeah if Taylor Swift's PR calls you and tells you where she's gonna be you know you'll get a big paycheck if you get good photos of her. And because she/her team are the ones tipping them off, the photos center her.

It's just clear they're there for her, not the whole gang even when everyone else is also a star. I can tell the order is to make her the main character in a photo within a group of women who are inarguably all incredibly successful and beautiful in their own right.
---
Taylor has been friends with these people for years and years (besides the Chiefs wives). Plus she was out yesterday and she was papped too yet no one said it was orchestrated. She’s been papped constantly since her breakup because she’s in New York all the time now instead of London.
Yeah that one also looked orchestrated, sorry. There someone said it 🤣

As someone in the security field, these people only get papped like this if they want to get papped. Trust.

It's not like the photos of Sad Taylor on the boat. Those were clearly not called for. But Taylor's in NYC? Yeah. You can tell they're not candid.

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
No no no no no not tonight ladies!

I mean we all re enact with new lovers things we did with exes.....

So she had a boyfriend before....is she not meant to be happy with her new boyfriend?

He had girlfriends before

Is he supposed to act different?

Taylor explicitly stated that through this tour songs have new meaning based on the experience of the night

That's how to live

Naughty naughty ladies being so cynical xxxx
I definitely have never gone out of my way to re-enact things I did with an ex with a new partner… I feel like that’s a bit weird?

of course she’s allowed to be happy, but it’s so over the top middle school behaviour that it just seems too much.

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Well I had sex with all my boyfriends. And lunch. And coffee. And drove in the car with them.

And I hugged them all.

So she has hugged two boyfriends.

It's getting close to the old TS narrative this.

Woman hugs boyfriend shock.

Brace yourself...I think she's done more than hug him and I think she's done it with more than one man.

Trying to make a deal about it is to me weird.
It’s not about their hugging him, it’s about her recreating exact moments or trying to make old songs about him.
It’s about her mentioning him on stage and making him her entire personality after being with him a couple of months too.
no one gives a shit about how many people she’s slept with, it’s just her behaviour when she’s with someone new is always a bit over the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

kachoochoo

VIP Member
still need to sit with it a bit cos it's my favourite album

but

1. why are ppl on twitter moaning that the vault tracks sound like midnights? midnights has always been 1989's slightly emo big sister

2. her improved vocals are amazing. I had the exact same feeling of relief when I heard the big note in wonderland as I did when I first heard the big note on change tv cos they've both been long term faves of mine, but previously slightly marred by the slightly screechy vocal on the sustained notes

3. shake it off is no longer the 16th best song on 1989. it is now the 21st best song on 1989

4. I forgot how good 'all you had to was stay' and 'how you get the girl' are, even though I've always thought of them as sisters

5. after hearing the vault tracks, I just need to have a word with harry styles

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Folkevermore

VIP Member
This is how Taylor is with her fans.

She doesn't just take the money.

She shares her life with them.

The fans loved what she did tonight and are happy for her. Happy to see her happy.

Of course your view is completely understandable but I just have to stick up for her. She's in love and she shares it. She's heartbroken she shares it. It's what she does.

But I don't urge you to see it other than you do.
She doesn’t always share her life with them at all. Her life is bit of a mystery, really.
Other than her songs we don’t know that much about it.
As I said, no one’s criticising her for being in a relationship. They’re criticising the big PR stunt it’s turning into.

Reactions: 21

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I need to bust out my knitting needles because I can’t keep spending £70 on low quality acrylic cardigans

• Haha

bellbells16

VIP Member
I don't mean pay them necessarily like they're on her payroll. But yeah if Taylor Swift's PR calls you and tells you where she's gonna be you know you'll get a big paycheck if you get good photos of her. And because she/her team are the ones tipping them off, the photos center her.

It's just clear they're there for her, not the whole gang even when everyone else is also a star. I can tell the order is to make her the main character in a photo within a group of women who are inarguably all incredibly successful and beautiful in their own right.
---

Yeah that one also looked orchestrated, sorry. There someone said it 🤣

As someone in the security field, these people only get papped like this if they want to get papped. Trust.

It's not like the photos of Sad Taylor on the boat. Those were clearly not called for. But Taylor's in NYC? Yeah. You can tell they're not candid.
Her team would also get approval on the images. There’s no pictures where she isn't giving main character energy and doesn’t look amazing. It’s all very carefully managed by her team.

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Hugging your boyfriend isn't a PR stunt. It's normal isn't it?
It’s more the constant pap walks that are making people sceptical.
Changing the lyrics to Karma was unnecessary too - gives Matty Healy “this song is about you, I love you” vibes.
Going out of your way to make your relationship so overly public so early on makes no sense to me. She moans that people focus on her boyfriends, but it honestly no surprise when she makes them her entire personality for the three months they’re often together.

QueenBW

VIP Member
Totally @MidnightAura . Like "oh please let them be so the relationship can have a fighting chance" is so disingenuous when the whole thing started because he spoke about the bracelet nonsense and made it go viral and has continued to grow because they've been super public.

If they wanted privacy to give the relationship a chance, then they should have just kept it on the downlow for a while.

They not only deserve but actively sought every think piece, article, scrub of old social media. No one deserves insults or hate but if you want attention and court it you can't complain when you get it.

slugella

VIP Member
There are so many comments around social media sticking up for Taylor for being a kind, "ethical" billionaire 😂 people really choose the oddest things to defend, like imagine that being what you waste your energy arguing about.

Is it this week the tour starts again?

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Folkevermore

VIP Member
The more I listen to the vault songs the more I giggle about the whole Harry thing. My God, he was an 18 year old boy, just finding fame in the biggest boyband of the time. What on earth did she expect from him?
She was what, 22/23?I think she was expecting a more genuine and mature relationship. She’d only had short relationships before that (max like, 3-4 months?) and wanted her first “serious” one.

Common sense would tell you that you’re unlikely to find that in an 18 year old boy, but I don’t think Taylor has particularly good judgement in relationships.

Shes always had a tendency to get too serious, too fast and then has crash and burn break ups.

I genuinely think August is based on some of her experiences in the past - thinking that she had something real and meaningful when it was never really more than a casual fling to the man.

bellbells16

VIP Member
Anyone else a bit underwhelmed by the release day yesterday? I really thought we’d get a music video. Pretty sure the videos for All Too Well and You Can See Me came out on release day?