Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
still need to sit with it a bit cos it's my favourite album

but

1. why are ppl on twitter moaning that the vault tracks sound like midnights? midnights has always been 1989's slightly emo big sister

2. her improved vocals are amazing. I had the exact same feeling of relief when I heard the big note in wonderland as I did when I first heard the big note on change tv cos they've both been long term faves of mine, but previously slightly marred by the slightly screechy vocal on the sustained notes

3. shake it off is no longer the 16th best song on 1989. it is now the 21st best song on 1989

4. I forgot how good 'all you had to was stay' and 'how you get the girl' are, even though I've always thought of them as sisters

5. after hearing the vault tracks, I just need to have a word with harry styles

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think Taylor and Harry are extremely similar and were both toxic in that phase of their lives. Imagine they met now.. I don’t think Travis would get a look in.

I loved them together ❤

Also, “Remind myself the morе I gave, you'd want me less” - how dare you Taylor. 21 year old me would have played that song to death.

Reactions: 13
Their relationship dynamic (to public knowledge) has confused me more than before after the vault tracks. I was always under the impression they both clearly loved each other but for some reason struggled with staying exclusive (more him it seems). Is there any truth in Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart by Ariana being a song Harry wrote about Taylor? Because if so that song is so sad!

Reactions: 6
Some of the 1D demos from that kinda timeline are sad too! Especially Trouble and Him 😭

Reactions: 4
£70 on a cardigan?? I love you Taylor but nooooooo. It is nice though.
I am enjoying 1989 TV better and better with each listen!

Reactions: 4
Sat in my new house, listening to 1989 (Taylor’s version) and eating take out with my fiancé. It’s been a good day!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think Taylor and Harry are extremely similar and were both toxic in that phase of their lives. Imagine they met now.. I don’t think Travis would get a look in.

I loved them together ❤

Also, “Remind myself the morе I gave, you'd want me less” - how dare you Taylor. 21 year old me would have played that song to death.
Same same, 19/20 year old me was in a weird situationship at the time where I’d put effort in and he would seem to not care lol

Reactions: 3
Sat in my new house, listening to 1989 (Taylor’s version) and eating take out with my fiancé. It’s been a good day!
Yay. I'm glad all went well! I remembered someone was getting their new house today but couldn't remember who it was.

It is definitely a good day. I was singing along to All You Had To Do Was Stay TV (controversial but one of my favourites), and I found out my friend had her baby today!! 😊😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can’t remember if this has been said already but it feels like the harmonies on WTNY are too loud and it makes it sound off key compared to what we’re used to 🥴. Style is growing on me - I’ve actually realised I like the intro more than the OG

1989 came out when I was in a bit of a low time in life and in a job I hated. I played it every time I went to work. When I left it in mid 2015, I played clean on my way home and I finally felt like things were gonna be ok. It always reminds me of that drive home now. Now I’ve just come out of a bit of a bad few months, and clean tv is here ♥ I can’t relate to any of Taylor’s love related songs as much as I’m obsessed with them. But YOYOK and now Clean TV are going to become v special I think ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I got married in 2015 and You Are in Love played when we signed the wedding certificate, so it’s always been a special album for me in that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
thoughts on this thread… 😬
Hmmm. It has made Taylor a lot more money, definitely. But I don't believe it's money she craves (it's not like she was skint), it's validation and power. Years of slut shaming, haters, criticism, misogyny and not getting credit where it was deserved will do that to you.

The thing is though... We know Taylor's voice has improved with age. We know she has loads more gems in her many vaults. We love her music. We want her to own it. We want to see a woman have this power. We get joy from all of this.

Why not give the fans what they want? There's enough misery in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Hmmm. It has made Taylor a lot more money, definitely. But I don't believe it's money she craves (it's not like she was skint), it's validation and power. Years of slut shaming, haters, criticism, misogyny and not getting credit where it was deserved will do that to you.

The thing is though... We know Taylor's voice has improved with age. We know she has loads more gems in her many vaults. We love her music. We want her to own it. We want to see a woman have this power. We get joy from all of this.

Why not give the fans what they want? There's enough misery in the world.
The original tweeter seems to really go in on her unnecessarily? Yes I agree limited vinyls etc for something that is meant to be seen as reclaiming your work can appear greedy, but does Taylor deserve to be called a “mass produced poptimist slop”???

Reactions: 11
The original tweeter seems to really go in on her unnecessarily? Yes I agree limited vinyls etc for something that is meant to be seen as reclaiming your work can appear greedy, but does Taylor deserve to be called a “mass produced poptimist slop”???
Yeah, she's not even denying that she's talented though.

She does realise that nobody is going to put a gun to her head to make her buy an aquamarine vinyl, doesn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
thoughts on this thread… 😬
But it’s ok for the men that stole her work to be greedy. I don’t know what poptimist slop is supposed to mean.

Sure she could’ve rereleased them without all the fanfare, physical copies, merch etc etc. Of course this is partly a money making thing.

But if people have paid enough attention to Taylor (I don’t think she has), they would realise she will never do things by halves. She had the chance to own her work + treat her fans + make money + stick it to Scott/Scooter in the biggest way possible. There’s no way THE Taylor Swift would miss that opportunity.

People forget you don’t have to buy into the money side of it. I only buy the MP3 because I don’t use streaming. But if I didn’t, I would stream it. I dont buy anything extra, I don’t buy merch or multiple copies (no judgement to anyone who does) but I still know every lyric and all the Tay-lore.

Anyway I think once this is done it will be seen as historic that she did this, and as a woman over two very powerful and greedy men.

Reactions: 14
I've sat with it for a few hours and done a preliminary ranking because that's what I do

I absolutely love this album with all my heart 💙 and there's is no song here I don't love

1. clean
2. wonderland
3. wildest dreams
4. out of the woods
5. blank space
6. style
7. is it over now
8. I wish you would
9. welcome to new york
10. all you had to do was stay
11. now that we don't talk
12. say don't go
13. new romantics
14. I know places
15. suburban legends
16. bad blood
17. this love
18. you are in love
19. how you get the girl
20. slut!
21. shake it off

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
But it’s ok for the men that stole her work to be greedy. I don’t know what poptimist slop is supposed to mean.

Sure she could’ve rereleased them without all the fanfare, physical copies, merch etc etc. Of course this is partly a money making thing.

But if people have paid enough attention to Taylor (I don’t think she has), they would realise she will never do things by halves. She had the chance to own her work + treat her fans + make money + stick it to Scott/Scooter in the biggest way possible. There’s no way THE Taylor Swift would miss that opportunity.

People forget you don’t have to buy into the money side of it. I only buy the MP3 because I don’t use streaming. But if I didn’t, I would stream it. I dont buy anything extra, I don’t buy merch or multiple copies (no judgement to anyone who does) but I still know every lyric and all the Tay-lore.

Anyway I think once this is done it will be seen as historic that she did this, and as a woman over two very powerful and greedy men.
This! I just stream her music and follow her career/life but I’ve never felt the need to buy anything else. People seem to forget that they have this option lol. It’s hilarious that the same people that were making fun of her for losing her masters are now pissed that her re-recordings have been successful and lucrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.