Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! Your kiddo is super smart!

I don't mind the merch, cause in the end it's our own decision whether we buy the cardigans or the hoodies or whatever. That's up to each of us and our budgets. But her music is the main thing we follow her for, the thing we love and the main thing she sells. So having different albums have different songs so that if you want all songs from one album you have to have like three or more different versions is just... Flipping us off.

I really hope sometime soon she donates so much money she knocks herself out of the billionaire list. She's done it, she's got the record, she can say she made herself a billionaire. Now she should do something better with that than buy more houses and fly her PJ more often.
Totally agree with all your thoughts QueenBW and especially this. JK Rowling also knocked herself off some ‘top rich lists’ and decreased her wealth by donating so much money to various charities/ setting up her own charity etc. I know Taylor is generous to an extent when she doesn’t have to be but I’d like to think she wil do something meaningful with her money at some point.

Reactions: 10
Back from my Halloween weekend hangover (honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time). There’s rumours on twitter and Reddit that there’s a Travis/Taylor and Travis announcement today or IG post? And apparently they were going as David and Victoria Beckham for Halloween LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Maybe it’s just me but this relationship is turning out more cringe than HiddleSwift

Reactions: 25
I'm not sure if it's been said before but with most if not all of the 1989 colour variants being mentioned in Slut! I would put money on a 'white cement' version coming out with the bonus tracks we've all been waiting for

Maybe it’s just me but this relationship is turning out more cringe than HiddleSwift
When Travis starts wearing a custom T-Shirt with "Mr Swift" or some other shite equivalent I will agree with you 😂

As for the vinyls/CDs, whilst no one is forcing anyone at gunpoint to buy them all, mine did come with a sticker that said "Collect all 4 variants!" Or something similar. It is encouraged. If you're a big enough fan of someone and you're a completionist, it is compelling to buy them all. It extends to me somewhat because I will be buying a copy of repTV even though I've already written it off in my mind because I want all of the TVs now.

Back from my Halloween weekend hangover (honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time). There’s rumours on twitter and Reddit that there’s a Travis/Taylor and Travis announcement today or IG post? And apparently they were going as David and Victoria Beckham for Halloween LOL
She'd better not be pregnant and cancelling the tour.

I mean if she is, I'm happy for her but annoyed for me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9

Petty me wouldn’t even be happy for her. What do you mean I would have went through all that ticket sale day stress for nothing?🤣
That happens with my sister for Kelly Clarkson one year, she cancelled due to pregnancy and my sister was absolutely devastated.

Reactions: 12
I'm not sure if it's been said before but with most if not all of the 1989 colour variants being mentioned in Slut! I would put money on a 'white cement' version coming out with the bonus tracks we've all been waiting for
I think the lyrics are 'wet cement'

Petty me wouldn’t even be happy for her. What do you mean I would have went through all that ticket sale day stress for nothing?🤣
That happens with my sister for Kelly Clarkson one year, she cancelled due to pregnancy and my sister was absolutely devastated.
Also getting pregnant with a guy you’ve known for a short amount of time might not end well… then again she can afford all the help in the world so she doesn’t exactly have to rely on a partner like the rest of us do.

But the Joe and Sophie situation does spring to mind

As if Taylor would cancel a tour to get pregnant. I don't think she has ever cancelled an actual show in her entire career.
---
This time it's mainly Swifties and the media making it cringe though

Reactions: 13
As for the vinyls/CDs, whilst no one is forcing anyone at gunpoint to buy them all, mine did come with a sticker that said "Collect all 4 variants!" Or something similar. It is encouraged. If you're a big enough fan of someone and you're a completionist, it is compelling to buy them all. It extends to me somewhat because I will be buying a copy of repTV even though I've already written it off in my mind because I want all of the TVs now.
I absolutely agree with this. With 1989 I felt compelled to buy every vinyl, every CD and the cassette all because they were a different variants, the polaroids, wanting to have all colours to complete the collection. However I never felt that with Speak Now, I have the main colour album, cassette and that's it. Taylor has marketed 1989 so much more than Speak Now, and you do feel compelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
As if Taylor would cancel a tour to get pregnant. I don't think she has ever cancelled an actual show in her entire career.
---

This time it's mainly Swifties and the media making it cringe though
I'm suggesting that if she is, it was an accident. It would have been fast by anyone's time scale though, lol. Crazier things have happened...

Reactions: 4
I'm suggesting that if she is, it was an accident. It would have been fast by anyone's time scale though, lol. Crazier things have happened...
I got together with my husband in July we were pregnant by October and married in Feb impossible is nothing 😂😂😂 still together 8 years later god help us 😂

• Heart
I think the relationship can only be cringeworthy based on what they show us. Travis singing to Love Story for example. Lots will find it cute and wholesome and others will think it’s a bit cringe worthy. Neither side is right or wrong, it’s just opinions. Travis and Taylor will both know that this kind of thing will get reported on and people will talk about it.

Reactions: 10
I think the relationship can only be cringeworthy based on what they show us. Travis singing to Love Story for example. Lots will find it cute and wholesome and others will think it’s a bit cringe worthy. Neither side is right or wrong, it’s just opinions. Travis and Taylor will both know that this kind of thing will get reported on and people will talk about it.
Doesn’t help that a lot of us are British and find over-enthusiastic American behaviour cringe at the best of times 🤣
---
Taylor plans her life so insanely and meticulously that I’m not even sure that she would ever accidentally get pregnant.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Doesn’t help that a lot of us are British and find over-enthusiastic American behaviour cringe at the best of times 🤣
---

Taylor plans her life so insanely and meticulously that I’m not even sure that she would ever accidentally get pregnant.
oh that too for sure.🤣

Reactions: 5
Yes! Your kiddo is super smart!

I don't mind the merch, cause in the end it's our own decision whether we buy the cardigans or the hoodies or whatever. That's up to each of us and our budgets. But her music is the main thing we follow her for, the thing we love and the main thing she sells. So having different albums have different songs so that if you want all songs from one album you have to have like three or more different versions is just... Flipping us off.

I really hope sometime soon she donates so much money she knocks herself out of the billionaire list. She's done it, she's got the record, she can say she made herself a billionaire. Now she should do something better with that than buy more houses and fly her PJ more often.
I totally agree with you on both posts, B, but just wanted to give some insider perspective (to the industry in general, LOL imagine if I worked for Tay. I WISH). Retailers who are stocking any big new release - music, movies, books, etc - will always want an exclusive edition to lure fans to their store. If special editions with a new track, new colour variant, message from Taylor, photos, what have you, are given to that retailer it often means they will place a much larger stock order. So it is frustrating for fans, and believe me I've worked in fan marketing enough to know that it is a double edged sword between servicing the retailer vs giving the fans what they want (because it is a fine line, fans do want exclusive extras but it gets to a point like this where saturation makes us fed up). But I guess my point is its not all Taylor and her money grabbing that dictates whether there are multiple versions of a release. Despite her being the biggest music artist in the world right now, she still needs her product to be stocked in all the major outlets. The fact is the retailer HQs are demanding more and more from creative industries in exchange for supporting a release. We live in a scarily capitalist world! I do think Taylor and her team do a good job of balancing - e.g. giving the fans stuff we actually want and putting a song no-one cares about on the Target edition lol. Olivia on the other hand putting a new song on each special edition feels like a risky decision and I'd hope Tay never does something like that.

---

I'm not even British and I find it pretty try hard and cringe and vom inducing 🐍

I also don't think she'd get pregnant. But she's finishing tour next year, finishing the re-recordings too. It's the end of literal Eras. By then she'll have been with this guy for over a year, provided they actually stay together. It could be a possibility.

I don't think celebrities make good parents (sorry, I just don't. To be a celebrity to begin with you need to have a serious narcissistic bent and that's probably the worst trait for patenting) but I guess she'd be less bad than most.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm not even British and I find it pretty try hard and cringe and vom inducing 🐍

I also don't think she'd get pregnant. But she's finishing tour next year, finishing the re-recordings too. It's the end of literal Eras. By then she'll have been with this guy for over a year, provided they actually stay together. It could be a possibility.

I don't think celebrities make good parents (sorry, I just don't. To be a celebrity to begin with you need to have a serious narcissistic bent and that's probably the worst trait for patenting) but I guess she'd be less bad than most.
Yeah I think after the tour would make more sense, and like you said, they’d have been together longer.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.