Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
Looks like I am in a minority here, but what exactly have they done wrong?! 40,000 football fans can cram into a stadium with no social distancing. We can all freely meet outdoors with no social distancing. They are simply doing as plenty of other people in plenty of other jobs are doing.
These guys have all just been on the same TV set on ITT.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Diagnosis123

VIP Member
Loved the fancy footwork, facial expressions and fabulous energy from these two tonight.
My favourite pairing thus far 👇🤩

1.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 37

BonBon27

VIP Member
Ugh. Please no Ore and Joanne. Never have a pair been so smug and never has there been such bloody favourites. DANNY MAC SHOULD HAVE WON and I know I bring it up a lot, but I am not over it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

KeriRhys

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210925_221907.jpg

some decorations needed for the new thread!! Gorka in that suit!! 😍😍😍

(Okay, yes! I have shamelessly cropped Katie out...but really? No-one's looking at her)

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh my! How good was AJ! Just wow.
#winner.
Just love strictly, such a joyous show. Makes me smile.
Yes it is joyous isn't it?
I dislike Shirley intensely at the moment - she just seems actually mean rather than pantomime mean like Craig. Craig is obviously a lovely man so his previously harsh comments are just playing a part, whereas I think Shirley is just quite unpleasant. Jealous and leery :sick:
ANYWAY having said all that it is still such a good programme and constantly throws up surprises.

Reactions: 32

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I do a lateral flow before I go anywhere. I have to do them twice a week for my job anyway, but I do an extra one if I’m going out somewhere with lots of people. I did one on Friday before I went out for a meal. To me this is just good old fashioned common sense.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Yes it is joyous isn't it?
I dislike Shirley intensely at the moment - she just seems actually mean rather than pantomime mean like Craig. Craig is obviously a lovely man so his previously harsh comments are just playing a part, whereas I think Shirley is just quite unpleasant. Jealous and leery :sick:
ANYWAY having said all that it is still such a good programme and constantly throws up surprises.
Unlike Craig, Shirley just can't read the room. For the most part, Craig knows when to lay on the pantomime villain thing so it adds to the atmosphere of the show. Nearly every comment Shirley makes just sucks the atmosphere out of everything.

I think (hope) her 4 for Rose last night was an attempt to make it look like she wasn't patronising her, but it was just spectacularly misjudged. And the little dig at Claudia just made her look petty and unprofessional. She really does bring the show down for me now, and I quite liked her in her first year!

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Anyone else think Kevin’s post strictly career not gone quite the way he thought? Covid wouldn’t have helped but still.
Also not as bad as AJ still waiting for his big break

• Haha
Reactions: 31

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
It was a very long but great opener!! Lots of potential and no real weak links at the moment. Aj blew me away with that jive though!!! Very interesting to see how those stronger dancers fair next week if they get a ballroom over Latin or the reverse. Just hope John and Aj don’t peak too soon and end up fizzling out.
That’s my hope for this year, that all contestants get a fair ratio of Latin and Ballroom dancing - last year definitely saw an unfair allocation - I’m looking at you Ranvir.

Loved Rose and Gio and I do think Gio has to win at some point. But then so has Gorka imo - can’t see it this year though.

Daniel and Nadiya surprised me, I too thought he would be awful but it wasn’t the worst dance of the night for me. I wonder if Sara’s nerves got the better of her as I think she had the makings of a good, solid week 1 dance (and the poster, sorry can’t remember who said she was looking good in rehearsals). Ugo was entertaining but for the wrong reasons…he might be first to go, Judi was worse imo but the Loose Women viewers will vote I think.

My fave dance had to be John and Johannes. We had low level dance lessons for a while and I can’t imagine changing from being led to leading, I would be all over the shop but John was fab-u-lous. Rose and Gio deserved double Shirley’s score.

I think I need Kai to take his birth certificate next week.

Shirley - honestly love, you’re rehashing this dislike of Karen for yet another year and you don’t even try and hide it. That’s not on. I don’t particularly like Karen but she choreographed a great dance and there’s no need for venom. If you can’t be professional then beat it (beat, see what I did there).

And I have to give the final word to Tom. Cheese on a stick. They make me want to punch myself in the face.

Omg how arrogant is Amy in this!!!! :eek::eek::eek::

“I want that glitterball” - wow Amy, I’m shooketh! You normally hide you’re competitiveness and your desperation to win so well…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Lilu22

VIP Member
I used to like Shirley when she first started, I thought “Great, someone who has actually done these dances at a professional level. She’ll know exactly what to say,”. Instead these days, she’s kinda like your drunk auntie at parties, never quite know what she’ll say and often found leering over your male friends

Reactions: 28

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Amy might have only been near Tom, but Tom's been near the rest of Mcfly, his family & they've been with other people and so on
It’s baffling to me that they thought him doing a tour and SCD at the same time wasn’t going to be exhausting for him anyway, never mind doing it in a pandemic

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Finally caught up as I was watching the boxing on Saturday instead (yawn). So excited to be back on the Strictly thread, apologies if some of you have tons of notifications from me reacting to posts... 😅 Some thoughts:

Nikita looks like he could be both 18 and 50 at the same time. I really enjoyed his and Tillys dance tho
Oooooh I am loving Nancy and Rhys!! I've always wanted Nancy to get a partner and I agree with the comments everyone made last night, she seems a great teacher (Erin Boag vibes) and I loved her choreography
Never seen anyone make Nadiya look short until Dan Walker came along
Gorka has got to be one of most handsome men I have ever seen in my life
Karen has the best dress of the night, love that Emma Thompson was there!
Neil makes my throat close up
Jon and Johannes!!!! I got goosebumps
I swear I don't remember Kai being announced as a new pro at all so when he rocked up with AJ I was like "I have never seen this man before in my entire life" but omgggg his and AJ's jive was INSANE. On par with when Danny Mac's did the cha cha for his first dance
Has Katya dyed her hair darker? She looks extra stunning
Me at Adam's bum:

1632683017824.png

We've got some fab dancers this year haven't we 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart

pixxyy

VIP Member
Tom's got covid they've now confirmed, hope Amy hasnt as even tho she's double jabbed she has crohns.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27