Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you been to a recording then? Any idea why they always say ‘today’ not ‘tonight’?

So what time do they film the Sunday show on the Saturday evening then if they have to wait for the votes etc? Must be a bloody long day, I’m surprised they don’t get Sundays off?
I’ve been to a recording and the Saturday show is definitely live. They do a full run-through of the show on a Saturday afternoon before the audience comes in.

Filming wrapped around 10/10:30 when I went. Since the Sunday show isn’t live, the musical act was filmed before the live show. We got to have a break for drinks/toilet between the live show ending and them resuming filming for the results show with the pro dances and results being recorded.

Reactions: 17
I don't think it's that weird to say "today" instead of "tonight", but perhaps it's easier to say that to continue the ridiculous illusion that the dance off and elimination takes place on the next day.

Reactions: 6
Watching on catch up. Pleasantly surprised at Tilly. She is miles better than last week. Loved loved loved Dianne and Roberts dance, had me smiling all the way through 🕺💃

Reactions: 11
Ooh forgot completely to see what JJ had to say! Will check his comments out soon...
What p!ssed me off about Amy & Tom was their appearance at the gig/gigs...the bloody mc fly vote could keep them in longer than they deserve.

I was glad there was no vote last night , so many amazing performances, Rose is a little doll, AJ was great, John &Jojo stunning! Adam amazing ... Katie not bad. Rhys ok, Dan better than expected

Ugo, melted my heart, how did he dance
after his dads funeral❤..

The judges 🙄 Shirley such a cow, Judi got 6 and Rose only 4... 🙄🙄
Mr Anton Du Beke 👏 Vibes of head judge about him, he looked the part, was fair and consistent....made the lemon on his right look like a sour old cow ...
It maybe wasn’t a coincidence the tour is just now…I know it’s not something you can do at the drop of a hat and the tour has probs been cancelled before due to COVID but when he was announced on The One Show, he said he’d known since Christmas he was doing Strictly.

Great way to ensure plenty of votes…

The show.
It isn’t, you’re told to go to the studio for 3.45pm and that’s to be there for the Sunday night group number (it was in 2017, not now I don’t think) and the results show music act to be filmed. They do as much as they can before the Saturday night show goes live and the rest/dance off etc is filmed after - we were there until 11pm. The Saturday night show is definitely live

Have you been to a recording then? Any idea why they always say ‘today’ not ‘tonight’?

So what time do they film the Sunday show on the Saturday evening then if they have to wait for the votes etc? Must be a bloody long day, I’m surprised they don’t get Sundays off?
I have been in the audience and can guarantee that Saturday night is live. They do get Sunday off I think - unless the pro wants them to rehearse. Everything you see on Sunday night is pre-recorded so they have no commitments to the programme on a Sunday.

@jfletcher when we’re you there? We were 2017 the week Simon Rimmer was dressed as Buzz Lightyear, Debbie did her rumba and Anton appeared from underneath Ruth Langford’s pink dress for their samba 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Oh my! How good was AJ! Just wow.
#winner.
Just love strictly, such a joyous show. Makes me smile.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I didn’t see it either and he normally does have something to say so it’s probs not the first time he’s mentioned it. And when Len was on GMB a few weeks ago he said he found the previous experience ‘worse’ than a same sex couple. I only started watching Strictly in 2009 and there’s been at least one stage school pupil/ballet dancer/other dancer per year
It always takes the shine off a bit for me when they've had previous dance experience. Like the ex popstars will all say they've only done basic choreo and this is totally new for them but then they're nearly always the best dancers. BUT it would be nearly impossible to get 15 celebs who've never at least been to some sort of stage school, I mean it's no accident that they're in showbiz! Plus it would be kind of boring if everyone was rubbish to begin with.
Someone like Ashley Roberts for example, at first I thought it was so unfair that she was taking part but in the end I enjoyed watching her, it was nice to see somebody be that good, but I don't think it would have been fair if she'd won. People often complain that people vote for whoever's had the biggest 'journey' rather than the actual best dancer but on a show like strictly I think that makes total sense.

Reactions: 13
The show.
I’ve been to a recording and the Saturday show is definitely live. They do a full run-through of the show on a Saturday afternoon before the audience comes in.

Filming wrapped around 10/10:30 when I went. Since the Sunday show isn’t live, the musical act was filmed before the live show. We got to have a break for drinks/toilet between the live show ending and them resuming filming for the results show with the pro dances and results being recorded.
I’m baffled anyone thinks the Saturday show isn’t live. Mic-gate, ‘the hills are alive with the sound of bullshit’, ‘LIVE from the BBC …’, etc.

Though I am tickled by the idea that they all rock up around 5:30, slap on a bit of lippy and a wig, and they’re good to go at 7pm 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh my! How good was AJ! Just wow.
#winner.
Just love strictly, such a joyous show. Makes me smile.
Yes it is joyous isn't it?
I dislike Shirley intensely at the moment - she just seems actually mean rather than pantomime mean like Craig. Craig is obviously a lovely man so his previously harsh comments are just playing a part, whereas I think Shirley is just quite unpleasant. Jealous and leery :sick:
ANYWAY having said all that it is still such a good programme and constantly throws up surprises.

Reactions: 32
@jfletcher when we’re you there? We were 2017 the week Simon Rimmer was dressed as Buzz Lightyear, Debbie did her rumba and Anton appeared from underneath Ruth Langford’s pink dress for their samba 😂
How lucky to get to see Debbie’s rumba - and the absurdity of Anton and Ruth’s Samba 😂

We went back in 2007 when they first started doing the Sunday results show. We got to see the Rebel Yell jive which is one of the best pro dances the show ever did. I’ve applied for tickets every year since but I’ve never been lucky again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I really enjoyed last night but the scoring was all over the place as has been noted 😀
Anton was much more reasonable in his scoring generally but Shirley is just awful. She’s patronising and bitchy or she’s leering over younger male contestants. It’s uncomfortable and sexist that it’s not being called out. The response to the complaint someone posted is awful. Kelvin couldn’t have given an honest answer in that situation. If he’d said yes he knew he’d totally screwed his chances of winning. Plus for a lot of men, the message that they’re meant to be flattered for being perved over is still one they believe.

Anyway she makes the whole atmosphere change and for those couple of minutes it’s just horribly uncomfortable. Plus she’s been giving interviews again about how much sex she’s having with her toy boy and that just comes off as desperate.

Randomly I’m also pretty such Robert Webb had major open heart surgery a couple of years ago.

How lucky to get to see Debbie’s rumba - and the absurdity of Anton and Ruth’s Samba 😂

We went back in 2007 when they first started doing the Sunday results show. We got to see the Rebel Yell jive which is one of the best pro dances the show ever did. I’ve applied for tickets every year since but I’ve never been lucky again.
‘Rebel Yell’ is hands-down the GREATEST pro dance that has ever been on the show! I love it! 😍

You’re so lucky to have seen that up close!

Randomly I’m also pretty such Robert Webb had major open heart surgery a couple of years ago.
Yes, he’s had pretty significant health issues in recent years. I hope it doesn’t all prove too much for him

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For some reason my tablet won’t le me copy a link but if you google Rober Webb heart surgery there’s various interviews at about it.

Reactions: 3
Yes it is joyous isn't it?
I dislike Shirley intensely at the moment - she just seems actually mean rather than pantomime mean like Craig. Craig is obviously a lovely man so his previously harsh comments are just playing a part, whereas I think Shirley is just quite unpleasant. Jealous and leery :sick:
ANYWAY having said all that it is still such a good programme and constantly throws up surprises.
Unlike Craig, Shirley just can't read the room. For the most part, Craig knows when to lay on the pantomime villain thing so it adds to the atmosphere of the show. Nearly every comment Shirley makes just sucks the atmosphere out of everything.

I think (hope) her 4 for Rose last night was an attempt to make it look like she wasn't patronising her, but it was just spectacularly misjudged. And the little dig at Claudia just made her look petty and unprofessional. She really does bring the show down for me now, and I quite liked her in her first year!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
How much do you want to bet that if Tom makes it to Musicals week, he’ll get Back To The Future and do a jive to Johnny B Goode? Or something to The Power of Love?

‘Rebel Yell’ is hands-down the GREATEST pro dance that has ever been on the show! I love it! 😍

You’re so lucky to have seen that up close!
It was amazing. I wish they would do more pro dances like that. It was back when the professionals used to choreograph the routines themselves. There was no theme or props, just the pros doing what they do best: dancing.

How intense do we think Amy is going to be with training this week? Tom was down as an early favourite but instead he was forgotten in the second half of the leaderboard. Amy’s desperation to win with Karim was so off-putting and it’s already started to reappear. She’s not going to settle for Tom being middle of the pack.

Reactions: 9
Anyway she makes the whole atmosphere change and for those couple of minutes it’s just horribly uncomfortable. Plus she’s been giving interviews again about how much sex she’s having with her toy boy and that just comes off as desperate.
The way she parades her toy boy around talking about their sex life is so tacky. She just comes across as so cheap and tasteless. She was never the right fit for Strictly imo- too self-centred.

Reactions: 7
It was amazing. I wish they would do more pro dances like that. It was back when the professionals used to choreograph the routines themselves. There was no theme or props, just the pros doing what they do best: dancing.
Totally agree. I yearn for the glory days of the fabulous pro dances, rather than the random indistinguishable messes we get nowadays. Bloody Gilkinson! 😡

Reactions: 6
How much do you want to bet that if Tom makes it to Musicals week, he’ll get Back To The Future and do a jive to Johnny B Goode? Or something to The Power of Love?
He could do that in movie week too, and that's always fairly early on

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.