Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Loved the show, what an opener. Nobody was terrible and all have potential. What spoiled it for me was the judging. Shirley needs to watch herself back to get an idea of her awful behaviour and marking. Poor Rose, she was robbed and under marked while Shirley perved her way over the men.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I was referring more to the transphobic articles he's linked to than his personal views.
I know RW in a roundabout way (friend of a friend). As a child he was very Gender non conforming. As a teen slept with men and women. (a brother and sister which is even funnier). He is absolutely entitled to express an opinion about how he feels his life may have been influenced by massive organisations like Mermaids and Stonewall as a boy who liked to wear dresses. He is not transphobic. I've also seen him share articles about retaining single sex spaces for women, which I think is wonderful.

I don't think you'll have any evidence to support your claims of him being transphobic (mainly as the word 'transphobia' is thrown around so much its virtually meaningless nowadays) given that he's made thought the background checks to the BBC's premium primetime show 'Strictly Come Dancing'

Surely if the Beeb had any real concerns he wouldn't have a place would he?

• Heart
Just realised who Tom reminds me of when he dances - Jarvis Cocker from Pulp
View attachment 782784
How very dare you! 🤬

Sassy Shirley with the most memorable line of the night :devilish:

View attachment 782510
Silly Shirley. Doesn’t she realise that Claudia (with her fine art degree from Cambridge) is 1000 times more intelligent than she is, but plays it down in order to be more relatable and to act as a conduit for the audience?

Emperor

Chatty Member
John and Johannes could fall “victim” to “the curse”. They seem well matched and johns partner had a real face on after their dance. Plus a same sex show relationship would have the homophones absolutely raging which would be kinda hilarious 😂
The synonyms would be pretty pissed off too.

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
Finally caught up on both the show and the thread 😅

AJ is FAST. My second favourite jive after Jay’s
John and Johannes are HOT
I always fancied Gio but after seeing him with Rose I am now also in love with him

Overall, loved it. Strong first show.

Now I have to get rid of my partner and kids every Saturday night for two hours so I can watch and tattle at the same time, uninterrupted.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Morleybbz

Johanes looks sooo happy compared to last year when he had stockholme syndrone with Caroline

Its like he's a completely different person!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

jfletcher

VIP Member
I’m cautious because it’s only Week 2 but I am liking Anton as a judge so far. He gives constructive criticism and advice that’s actually useful and his scores have been fair. He’s proving himself to be an excellent replacement for Bruno.

Reactions: 25

Vanelope

VIP Member
I can’t remember where I read it but someone said that once they realised Graziano wasn’t so much smouldering sexpot but actually a Labrador in human form who wants to make people happy, rje Producers worked out who he would gel with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

BDY_97

VIP Member
I’m sorry but Kai is hot as fuck, i’ve tried to deny it for weeks but i’ve come to terms with it now 🤣 If there’s going to be any shagging this year I think it will be him and AJ (if they are both single that is)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

petitspois

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been said but Craig’s comment about how he would have played it the same if he’d been in drag was- understandably- taken badly by Judi.

Poor choice of words.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just my opinion but I feel the covid hunters need to give it a rest. Social media/the media are waiting for someone to clear their throat so they can jump on it,
We all need to get back to some kind of normal, and stop trying to find fault in people who are just living their lives. 🤷‍♀️

but infinitely better than Zoe
yes!!!! She’s not bad, I’m liking her more than I thought I would!
it worked in her favour she knows them all so well I think

• Heart

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
completely irrelevant here but watching Rose on strictly and seeing a sign language interpreter really makes me think that everyone should be able to do BSL. It'd mean so much more accessibility for those who are hearing impaired but would benefit everyone. If you were in a night club/concert you could sign when you couldn't hear and it'd mean that instead of having an interpreter everyone on tv would just sign when they talked... anyway on with the show 🤣

petitspois

VIP Member
I always laugh at people's comments about Neil. We were all 'poor Neil, he really needs a partner' then, when he gets one, we are all like 'ewww, creepy Neil'. :sick: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Sprezza

VIP Member
That was such a good opening show! Everyone was surprisingly good! Have to say though I'm surprised Dan got such high scores especially compared with Rose's. I think he probably should have been bottom. But I think this is the first year I'm starting to warm to Nadiya. She seems to be coming out of her shell and I love how she calls him Daniel :giggle: Also glad she should be able to show more choreography variety with Dan as I feel like she's always used to rely on her partner's sex appeal which I always found a bit stale and Dan...isn't really that kind of partner. But seems like he'll bring out her fun side!

Oh my god Shirley is such a bitch please replace her next year! 'Those are fundamentals, Claudia,' fuck off you stuck up cow. Strictly does not need those kinds of bad vibes! And the way she laid into Greg out of nowhere and undermarking Rose- she's so inconsistent with her criticism! I've never liked her much and now I really hate her :mad:

AJ was an absolutely phenomenal !! I can't wait to see more of her! And Adam was surprisingly good too! I don't think Tom's got a look in to be honest 🤭

Roll on next week 😁

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Can we just eliminate Katie, because let's be real that wasn't brilliant, and then just let Gorka have a dance on his own every Saturday night. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart