Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curtaintwitcher45

VIP Member

They are suppose to be the professionals but there is nothing professional about risking the multi million pound show of your employers. Whilst they can't be expected to be a recluse I suspect they will get a dressing down for putting the show at risk. If someone brings covid to the set and it spreads then that's curtains.
I mean… our own government don’t bother abiding by the rules and they’re the ones who set them. I’ve seen them on tv walking into Downing Street and ripping the mask off before the door closes behind them and If it was ok for football matches to go ahead with thousands of people squished together, concerts with thousands of people sweating and breathing on each other I don’t see the harm in people having a night out especially as they’re currently allowed.

Reactions: 23

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
Does anyone else just get bored of the sob stories or am I a bitch? Like just do the dance, I don’t give a fuck if you’re dedicating it to your half sisters dead guinea pig, just do a good job!
To be fair, I normally hate the sob stories but Greg's sister was a Strictly Superfan and he cared for her until she died.

• Sad
  • Heart
also, bless Ugo dancing and dedicating it to his Dad 😢
And then Craig scoring him a 3! 😱

I mean, I know they score the dances ahead of anything that’s said after the dance, and I know personal circumstances should have no bearing on the scores, but the juxtaposition was a bit harsh: ‘Literally came straight here from my dad’s funeral’ /‘3!’ 😕

carefulnow

I’m still very careful but I do think people have relaxed too much and that’s why there are more cases.
But if we can't relax after the vaccination programme, then when can we? Living in this state of constant testing and enforced isolation can't go on forever and I hope some BBC execs are starting to realise this!

• Heart

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
What a great week 1!
Took me ages to catch up with the comments; here are some of my observations.
* Loved Anton as judge - thought he was helpful and constructive and not as OTT as I expected.
* Was blown away by Rose - what an amazing young woman.
* Thought AJ was great - don’t know who she is though, can anyone enlighten me?
* Judges scores were very erratic.
* Tess was very wooden.
* Some of the VT was a bit cringy.
* Can’t stand Tom’s face, or Graziano’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

pixxyy

VIP Member
If one of them was ill I can understand self isolating as people do when ill with other things as we don't feel well enough to go out. But one day the government will have to put a stop to asymptomatic people self isolating.
disagree completely as they can still spread it. for me staying inside for 10 days compared to possibility of me spreading it to another person. easy decision.
trust me dying of covid isnt a pretty death

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There seemed to be lots of cha chas tonight. I do watch it every year but can't retain it, so is that a usual thing?
It used to be that there were only two dances in the first week, often it was 1/2 doing cha cha and 1/2 doing waltz. It was good in that you could draw better comparisons, but the casts were smaller back then and the show wasn’t 2.5 hours long!

I don’t mind the wider mix of dances in the first week, but it’s silly to have anyone do an AS before they’ve had a chance to properly learn the base ballroom or learn how to lift/be lifted safely. Feels like a waste of what could be something really special if the basics were established properly first.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Sprezza

VIP Member
I somehow hadn't even considered the health implications of Tom doing a tour at the same time 🙈I just thought he'd be spreading himself too thinly. Obviously we don't know how he got it but the producers were mad to go along with that during a pandemic! Especially pairing him with the most vulnerable dancer.

MrFMercury

Chatty Member
I really enjoyed last night but the scoring was all over the place as has been noted 😀
Anton was much more reasonable in his scoring generally but Shirley is just awful. She’s patronising and bitchy or she’s leering over younger male contestants. It’s uncomfortable and sexist that it’s not being called out. The response to the complaint someone posted is awful. Kelvin couldn’t have given an honest answer in that situation. If he’d said yes he knew he’d totally screwed his chances of winning. Plus for a lot of men, the message that they’re meant to be flattered for being perved over is still one they believe.

Anyway she makes the whole atmosphere change and for those couple of minutes it’s just horribly uncomfortable. Plus she’s been giving interviews again about how much sex she’s having with her toy boy and that just comes off as desperate.

Randomly I’m also pretty such Robert Webb had major open heart surgery a couple of years ago.

jfletcher

VIP Member
Rose is proving herself to be a contender IMO. She’s not at the same standard as AJ and John but I suspect we’ll see her go on a ‘journey‘ over the series. And I am loving her and Gio as a team.