Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If one of them was ill I can understand self isolating as people do when ill with other things as we don't feel well enough to go out. But one day the government will have to put a stop to asymptomatic people self isolating.
disagree completely as they can still spread it. for me staying inside for 10 days compared to possibility of me spreading it to another person. easy decision.
trust me dying of covid isnt a pretty death

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I do a lateral flow before I go anywhere. I have to do them twice a week for my job anyway, but I do an extra one if I’m going out somewhere with lots of people. I did one on Friday before I went out for a meal. To me this is just good old fashioned common sense.

Reactions: 32
I do a lateral flow before I go anywhere. I have to do them twice a week for my job anyway, but I do an extra one if I’m going out somewhere with lots of people. I did one on Friday before I went out for a meal. To me this is just good old fashioned common sense.
I’m still very careful but I do think people have relaxed too much and that’s why there are more cases.

Reactions: 14
I’m still very careful but I do think people have relaxed too much and that’s why there are more cases.
But if we can't relax after the vaccination programme, then when can we? Living in this state of constant testing and enforced isolation can't go on forever and I hope some BBC execs are starting to realise this!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I agree. I’ve seen some shocking laxness in schools these last few weeks, including one that for some stupid reason scrapped their bubbles and now the head, deputy head, several teachers,TA’s and many children are all Covid positive. Yet staff were still wandering around without masks, crowding into the staff room at lunchtime, not sanitizing etc. I can’t say I have much sympathy.

Reactions: 6
In my experience with PCR tests, it can take anywhere between 24 - 36 or so hours to get the result. They must have done the test yesterday afternoon so why were they still allowed to dance if there was even the smallest chance they were positive?

Reactions: 5
In my experience with PCR tests, it can take anywhere between 24 - 36 or so hours to get the result. They must have done the test yesterday afternoon so why were they still allowed to dance if there was even the smallest chance they were positive?
I had an NHS PCR test earlier this week after being in close contact with someone who (unbeknownst to either of us) was positive. I got the results back at midnight after testing in the morning, so if they had tests done privately it might have been a very quick turnaround.

But if we can't relax after the vaccination programme, then when can we? Living in this state of constant testing and enforced isolation can't go on forever and I hope some BBC execs are starting to realise this!
But the vaccination program hasn’t finished phase 3 starts this week

we got our results within the hour

Reactions: 2
we got our results within the hour
Christ, how did you manage that?! My positive PCR came through at 3am after waiting around 37 hours for it 🙈 I did however already have 4 positive lateral flows so I kind of already guessed the answer

Reactions: 1
Agreed! Liked Anton, good Len vibes, and didn’t just fawn over them all to be popular! Hate Shirley, if she was a man leering over the female contestants there would be an outcry. Enjoyed Rose (doing that with her hearing was bloody amazing), Adam and AJ.
Shirley waivers from drunk auntie who pinches arses and breathes fumes into your hair to bitter old witch that attacks anyone who suddenly makes her feel inferior ….. she’s a batty bingo winged old soak!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Christ, how did you manage that?! My positive PCR came through at 3am after waiting around 37 hours for it 🙈 I did however already have 4 positive lateral flows so I kind of already guessed the answer
We walked across the road from the office to the testing, centre, took test, received a text within the hour

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Exactly - if it isn't now once the vaccination programme is virtually complete, then when will it be? Strictly and other reality shows can't carry on like this indefinitely.
Interesting that Amy did a post saying she had no symptoms. Yet Tom on Instagram someone has posted on his behalf and not said the same. Unwell with covid so in no position to post on social media?

Covid is around forever and we cannot forever be isolating. There has to be a time in the future where you don't have to isolate if you test positive with covid.
You are aware that the vaccine doesn’t work for everyone aren’t you? Do you really think that people with no antibodies should live their lives in total isolation because they’d be even more at risk if people are wandering around freely knowing they have it?

I thought they would withdraw if testing positive as it’s not fair they get through to another week without a fair public vote. Thought that was why Nicola and Katya left last year.

Reactions: 10
disagree completely as they can still spread it. for me staying inside for 10 days compared to possibility of me spreading it to another person. easy decision.
trust me dying of covid isnt a pretty death
Covid is never going so when should people with covid ever stop isolating? The year is 2040 and we've been jabbed two dozen times. You get a positive covid result should you isolate? As I said people cannot self isolate forever because of something that's around forever.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Covid is never going so when should people with covid ever stop isolating? The year is 2040 and we've been jabbed two dozen times. You get a positive covid result should you isolate? As I said people cannot self isolate forever because of something that's around forever.
isolating if you have it will lower the spread though. i'm not saying the isolating to last forever but atm its saving lives

there is no reason it’ll be around forever. Things like polio are so rare now thanks to vaccinations. But we should probably talk about strictly on this thread not various opinions on how to deal with a pandemic.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.