Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seemed to be lots of cha chas tonight. I do watch it every year but can't retain it, so is that a usual thing?
It used to be that there were only two dances in the first week, often it was 1/2 doing cha cha and 1/2 doing waltz. It was good in that you could draw better comparisons, but the casts were smaller back then and the show wasn’t 2.5 hours long!

I don’t mind the wider mix of dances in the first week, but it’s silly to have anyone do an AS before they’ve had a chance to properly learn the base ballroom or learn how to lift/be lifted safely. Feels like a waste of what could be something really special if the basics were established properly first.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ah thanks for that. I was surprised to see a quickstep as well but then I have the dancing ability of a stool. (Feel free to decide which stool I mean.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I suspect it was probably no more than just two incompatible personalities but I also wonder if Danny resented being there because his agent signed him up thinking they’d get a cut of any earnings. I also wonder if he disliked how much influence production have (all those themes are planned well in advance) 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Either way we’ll probably never know.
I’m sure it was probably mostly a personality clash too, but it irks me that at the time the over-riding view was ‘poor sweet little Amy being bullied by a nasty older man’ when it’s clear now that she’s made entirely of grit, granite and undiluted ambition.

Reactions: 12
I suspect it was probably no more than just two incompatible personalities but I also wonder if Danny resented being there because his agent signed him up thinking they’d get a cut of any earnings. I also wonder if he disliked how much influence production have (all those themes are planned well in advance) 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Either way we’ll probably never know.
What was the suspected drama about? This was before I really got into strictly!

I think Kai looks so much older than 26! He dances so effortlessly.

I love Gorka and would love for him to win, but I'm not sure on the likeability of his partner.

Reactions: 18
I love Gorka and would love for him to win, but I'm not sure on the likeability of his partner.
Agreed - I reckon he'll win at some point with his top class choreo but I don't think it will be with Katie. At least he'll stick around for a while with her.

Reactions: 11
I need to go back and read the other thread, but I'm just coming here to say that I think Sara's score would have been higher if she'd danced later in the evening. She was not 7 points worse than Greg. I'm not even convinced she was 4 points worse than Tom! At least she didn't dance the whole thing on bent knees...

Reactions: 17
Loved the show, what an opener. Nobody was terrible and all have potential. What spoiled it for me was the judging. Shirley needs to watch herself back to get an idea of her awful behaviour and marking. Poor Rose, she was robbed and under marked while Shirley perved her way over the men.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry if this has been said but Craig’s comment about how he would have played it the same if he’d been in drag was- understandably- taken badly by Judi.

Poor choice of words.

Reactions: 24
It was a very long but great opener!! Lots of potential and no real weak links at the moment. Aj blew me away with that jive though!!! Very interesting to see how those stronger dancers fair next week if they get a ballroom over Latin or the reverse. Just hope John and Aj don’t peak too soon and end up fizzling out.
That’s my hope for this year, that all contestants get a fair ratio of Latin and Ballroom dancing - last year definitely saw an unfair allocation - I’m looking at you Ranvir.

Loved Rose and Gio and I do think Gio has to win at some point. But then so has Gorka imo - can’t see it this year though.

Daniel and Nadiya surprised me, I too thought he would be awful but it wasn’t the worst dance of the night for me. I wonder if Sara’s nerves got the better of her as I think she had the makings of a good, solid week 1 dance (and the poster, sorry can’t remember who said she was looking good in rehearsals). Ugo was entertaining but for the wrong reasons…he might be first to go, Judi was worse imo but the Loose Women viewers will vote I think.

My fave dance had to be John and Johannes. We had low level dance lessons for a while and I can’t imagine changing from being led to leading, I would be all over the shop but John was fab-u-lous. Rose and Gio deserved double Shirley’s score.

I think I need Kai to take his birth certificate next week.

Shirley - honestly love, you’re rehashing this dislike of Karen for yet another year and you don’t even try and hide it. That’s not on. I don’t particularly like Karen but she choreographed a great dance and there’s no need for venom. If you can’t be professional then beat it (beat, see what I did there).

And I have to give the final word to Tom. Cheese on a stick. They make me want to punch myself in the face.

Omg how arrogant is Amy in this!!!! :eek::eek::eek::

“I want that glitterball” - wow Amy, I’m shooketh! You normally hide you’re competitiveness and your desperation to win so well…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
That’s my hope for this year, that all contestants get a fair ratio of Latin and Ballroom dancing - last year definitely saw an unfair allocation - I’m looking at you Ranvir.

Loved Rose and Gio and I do think Gio has to win at some point. But then so has Gorka imo - can’t see it this year though.

Daniel and Nadiya surprised me, I too thought he would be awful but it wasn’t the worst dance of the night for me. I wonder if Sara’s nerves got the better of her as I think she had the makings of a good, solid week 1 dance (and the poster, sorry can’t remember who said she was looking good in rehearsals). Ugo was entertaining but for the wrong reasons…he might be first to go, Judi was worse imo but the Loose Women viewers will vote I think.

My fave dance had to be John and Johannes. We had low level dance lessons for a while and I can’t imagine changing from being led to leading, I would be all over the shop but John was fab-u-lous. Rose and Gio deserved double Shirley’s score.

I think I need Kai to take his birth certificate next week.

Shirley - honestly love, you’re rehashing this dislike of Karen for yet another year and you don’t even try and hide it. That’s not on. I don’t particularly like Karen but she choreographed a great dance and there’s no need for venom. If you can’t be professional then beat it (beat, see what I did there).

And I have to give the final word to Tom. Cheese on a stick. They make me want to punch myself in the face.

“I want that glitterball” - wow Amy, I’m shooketh! You normally hide you’re competitiveness and your desperation to win so well…
Tom's already unlikeable with many viewers and so the last thing he needs is an arrogant partner arguing with the judge's. The viewers didn't like it with James Jordan and Brendan and it'll only send him home earlier. I think the previous poster is right about her jealousy of Dianne as there were rumours of Amy's behaviour on the tour and she's had some sort of personality transplant since.

I was pleasantly shocked by John's ability but on his twitter James Jordan is alluding to the fact John has a lot of previous experience. Anyone heard of this before? Personally I don't care as long as they're entertaining

Reactions: 14
Tom's already unlikeable with many viewers and so the last thing he needs is an arrogant partner arguing with the judge's. The viewers didn't like it with James Jordan and Brendan and it'll only send him home earlier. I think the previous poster is right about her jealousy of Dianne as there were rumours of Amy's behaviour on the tour and she's had some sort of personality transplant since.

I was pleasantly shocked by John's ability but on his twitter James Jordan is alluding to the fact John has a lot of previous experience. Anyone heard of this before? Personally I don't care as long as they're entertaining
Well I hope JJ has the same issue with every other person who has had previous dance experience, as there have been a large number of those over the years!

Reactions: 11
Well I hope JJ has the same issue with every other person who has had previous dance experience, as there have been a large number of those over the years!
I didn’t read it as him having an issue with it as such, he was just pointing out that as a dancer he can spot dance experience/training from the off.

He certainly didn’t have any issue with DVO’s extensive prior dance background, back in the day! 😄

Reactions: 14
I didn’t read it as him having an issue with it as such, he was just pointing out that as a dancer he can spot dance experience/training from the off.

He certainly didn’t have any issue with DVO’s extensive prior dance background, back in the day! 😄
I didn’t see it either and he normally does have something to say so it’s probs not the first time he’s mentioned it. And when Len was on GMB a few weeks ago he said he found the previous experience ‘worse’ than a same sex couple. I only started watching Strictly in 2009 and there’s been at least one stage school pupil/ballet dancer/other dancer per year

Reactions: 1
Random thoughts

- I liked Nancy's choreography, Rhys has a retro way of dancing lol
- It would be been good if Dianne had Robert to do that Russian squat dance in the routine
- I actually thought Tom was quite decent in an awkward, gangly kind of way 🤫
- Nina was great, she really surprised me
- Shirley just seemed to bring the mood down and made everyone feel awkward
- John and Johannes were brilliant, his partner didn't look too pleased though!
- I thought Katie and Gorka were good but she might fade into the background

Reactions: 15
Random thoughts

- I liked Nancy's choreography, Rhys has a retro way of dancing lol
- It would be been good if Dianne had Robert to do that Russian squat dance in the routine
- I actually thought Tom was quite decent in an awkward, gangly kind of way 🤫
- Nina was great, she really surprised me
- Shirley just seemed to bring the mood down and made everyone feel awkward
- John and Johannes were brilliant, his partner didn't look too pleased though!
- I thought Katie and Gorka were good but she might fade into the background
I thought the same about Rhys, if feels like I'm watching a 70s show or something- I like it though!

Also Adam is bloody huge 🙈🙈

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.