Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought they would withdraw if testing positive as it’s not fair they get through to another week without a fair public vote. Thought that was why Nicola and Katya left last year.
Last year the isolation period was 14 days, so N & K would have had to have a 2-week bye, which isn’t allowed in Strictly. The 10-day isolation means T & A can be back training by the middle of next week, if they’re both up to it, so can adhere to the 1-week rule.

It’s always been the case that a couple gets a 1-week bye if needed for illness/injury/bereavement, etc.

Reactions: 10
I just think it was a bad idea to let Tom combine SCD with touring this year and not fair to Amy to make her do it as well considering her health. None of us can say for certain where he caught it but the increased risk was always there.

Reactions: 21
I just think it was a bad idea to let Tom combine SCD with touring this year and not fair to Amy to make her do it as well considering her health. None of us can say for certain where he caught it but the increased risk was always there.
To be fair, given that Amy is seemingly asymptomatic thus far, it could have been her who passed it to him 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
It was I only carried on watching because there was nothing else on.
That’s the only reason anyone watches DOI. There’s bog all else on in January, Sunday nights are dull anyway, and it’s like a Strictly withdrawal patch: vaguely takes your mind off missing SCD, but with none of the ‘hit’ of the real thing.

Reactions: 7
I said this as soon as he was announced(im sure production would’ve allowed him to defer a year as we know they have reserves in place).

We obviously don’t and won’t know where he picked it up from but given how many people outside of tour staff he’s probably mixed with such as general venue staff and the venue safety/security guys.Not to mention it all the fans screaming the songs back at them from the middle standing section. It always had potential to end badly. Not to mention the festivals at the end of August/beginning of September.

I also really don’t know what strictly were thinking pairing their most vulnerable dancer with the guy who was exposing himself to the most risk of contracting covid. Rhys/Rob/Adam all seem to have much less potential risk to me.

Reactions: 15
@jfletcher that’s the first time I’ve seen this, it’s fantastic. The Jive is my favourite to watch, be it pros or good contestants

This is the group dance when I was there:

ETA - they had to record that three or maybe four times before they were happy with it. I know they’re pros and super fit but they need to be, the Saturday alone is a long day for them

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If a man made some of the comments Shirley does there would be uproar.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Finally caught up as I was watching the boxing on Saturday instead (yawn). So excited to be back on the Strictly thread, apologies if some of you have tons of notifications from me reacting to posts... 😅 Some thoughts:

Nikita looks like he could be both 18 and 50 at the same time. I really enjoyed his and Tillys dance tho
Oooooh I am loving Nancy and Rhys!! I've always wanted Nancy to get a partner and I agree with the comments everyone made last night, she seems a great teacher (Erin Boag vibes) and I loved her choreography
Never seen anyone make Nadiya look short until Dan Walker came along
Gorka has got to be one of most handsome men I have ever seen in my life
Karen has the best dress of the night, love that Emma Thompson was there!
Neil makes my throat close up
Jon and Johannes!!!! I got goosebumps
I swear I don't remember Kai being announced as a new pro at all so when he rocked up with AJ I was like "I have never seen this man before in my entire life" but omgggg his and AJ's jive was INSANE. On par with when Danny Mac's did the cha cha for his first dance
Has Katya dyed her hair darker? She looks extra stunning
Me at Adam's bum:

1632683017824.png

We've got some fab dancers this year haven't we 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
@jfletcher that’s the first time I’ve seen this, it’s fantastic. The Jive is my favourite to watch, be it pros or good contestants

This is the group dance when I was there:

ETA - they had to record that three or maybe four times before they were happy with it. I know they’re pros and super fit but they need to be, the Saturday alone is a long day for them
They must be chuffed that they no longer have to do Monday 8am pro rehearsals in London and then travel to their celebrity, let alone film the pro routine on the Saturday too. So exhausting!

Reactions: 4
Whilst the pro dances look awkward with no audience and fake applause. I think it’s so much better getting the group dances prefilmed and out of the way before the show starts proper. It’s just less stress on a Saturday and one less thing for the pros to worry about in the week. Plus there’s more celeb/pro rehearsal time… so theoretically more time to improve.

Reactions: 12
He looks like a woman from my work who’s in her early 50s and now I can’t unsee it
I think Nikita is kind of like a cross between AJ and Pasha, and Kai looks like a cross between Luke Evans and Tyrone from Coronation Street 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Never seen anybody look so utterly fucked off when the camera was on them. Made worse by the friend next to him clapping and smiling.
Not sure his mood will be improved by tweets like these.
I love his friend that was clapping. He features on Sunday Brunch alot!

Reactions: 1
It used to be that there were only two dances in the first week, often it was 1/2 doing cha cha and 1/2 doing waltz. It was good in that you could draw better comparisons, but the casts were smaller back then and the show wasn’t 2.5 hours long!

I don’t mind the wider mix of dances in the first week, but it’s silly to have anyone do an AS before they’ve had a chance to properly learn the base ballroom or learn how to lift/be lifted safely. Feels like a waste of what could be something really special if the basics were established properly first.
I used to like it when it was just two dances, it felt fairer somehow and meant the6 could leave the more ‘challenging‘ dances until later in the series

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.