Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dbledutchs

Of course he is just a " wheelchair user" cause that fits his narrative that he's not as disabled as all the other disabled people. He has a fixation on being less disabled for some reason, and putting down people who he seems unworthy. Like he wears shoes but those other crippled kids don't, so he's better. He's a worldly writer and so smart and funny....blah, blah, blah. He's so full of himself from a lifetime of people telling him he's amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

OoErrMissus

It looks like S and G pay for Facebook and other social media advertisements for their Youtube channel to randomly display in people's social media accounts. I'm not sure how internet ads work, but it looks like people don't even have to be subscribers of S and G to receive the ads. The video they sent you in an ad is definitely a year or so ago. Welcome to the forum :)!
So I thought that might be the case, however when I go to their Facebook page these videos are being posted as though they’re current events when in fact it’s all stuff that happened a year ago.
New “room mates”
New house
Shane’s “oral surgery” formerly known as a tooth extraction.

Anyway, on another note. I refuse to believe that their house doesn’t look like a damn medical supply store “behind the scenes”. In my job I have looked after a lot of young people with SMA and other degenerative muscular conditions of varying severity.

Now I know not everyone with the same condition will follow the same course of illness but even into late teens these kids are starting to struggle and it’s not uncommon for things like tube feeds, cough assist & suction machines, CPAP or another type of non-invasive ventilation to start making an appearance in one’s life.
I really struggle to believe that he isn’t having any sort of respiratory physio on a regular basis. His inability to effectively cough combined with significantly restricted movement means he’ll be a pneumonia waiting to happen. Someone has to be helping him clear all that gunk.

Not to mention his breathing. We’ve all seen how much of an effort it is for him when he’s talking etc. That situation worsens when people with these conditions are sleeping, which is why a lot of them commonly first start off using NIV at night. It encourages proper expansion of the lungs which helps prevent a build of carbon dioxide. If that isn’t happening for someone they start to retain co2 which leads to migraines, fatigue and a generally feeling of crappiness.

He also can’t eat effectively, he’s admitted that himself in the past. He will be getting to a stage where he can’t swallow safely either (he may already be, and just massively in denial - from what we’ve all seen, that’s not outside the realms of possibility). So not only does eating not adequately sustain the body’s requirements, but it also becomes a hazard.

None of it adds up, but then you guys already know that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

SmallWonder

VIP Member
1652981158623.png
1652982438513.png
1652982479622.png
1652983156818.png

I truly hate this latest video: Shane talks about his penis/balls accidentally falling out of his children's swim trunks in public pools around children and that it's a common problem because he's well endowed- yeah right. Hannah showcases sponsored swimsuits that were given to her by spinning around clutching her cover up to her chest and then flashing the camera like some crazed pedophile in a trench coat. Hannah is so attention starved. To add to my disgust, Shane keeps asking Hannah if her swimsuit "is scratch and sniff? Edible? Dissolvable in water? Will she fall out of the bottoms to expose herself?!" This is fucking disgusting!! What happened to modesty? What happened to their initial plan to advocate for people with disabilities? Why do they have a mansion and make millions while honest Americans work every single damn day to barely make ends meet in careers? And look at the about 5-inch inseam on those swim trunks- we're supposed to believe that Shane's rocking a 5-inch FLACID penis and has a pendulous ball sack that he can't keep contained?! Such an outright lie.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Nadad41t

Latest video is just people arguing sematics in the comments on what quadrupelgic means. If i had his condition I would consider myself one since I'd essentially feel like a floating head with a wiggle finger to steer and navigate a wheelchair. Take the wheel chair out of the equation and I'd be a stiff unmoving man laying on the floor. I don't think they understand that

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Latest video is just people arguing sematics in the comments on what quadrupelgic means. If i had his condition I would consider myself one since I'd essentially feel like a floating head with a wiggle finger to steer and navigate a wheelchair. Take the wheel chair out of the equation and I'd be a stiff unmoving man laying on the floor. I don't think they understand that
I found it interesting in that video when Shane said he primarily identifies as a “wheelchair user.” He’s free to identify however he wants, but it was odd to me, and another example of his downplaying his condition. Like not all wheelchair uses have close to zero use of their muscles.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They’re on the move again! This time a road trip to a “speaking engagement” that includes a visit with Shane’s elusive parents. I wonder if they will get the privilege of appearing in an S&G vid.

These people will just do about anything for clicks and views… fake a wedding, drop a title about divorce (just a dream) and throwing in “quadriplegic”is no different

What a ridiculously poorly informed comment ! Paraplegics and quads are just nursing home folk ? Well yup most of them don’t live in mansions funded by YouTube but they are meant to be made aware of in a positive light by this very channel! Ugh the nonsense of this charade

juvenile indeed ! I have said it once and I’ll say it again this channel ain’t gonna age well
And let’s be honest, Shane’s best assurance against ending up in a nursing home as his parents age was marrying Hannah. But he’s super successful working 100 hr weeks so I guess he could afford 24/7 home care. Who knows, a few years down the road, Hannah may send him packing to Shady Pines anyway! 😭 One can only take so many unfunny, annoying “jokes.”

• Heart
  • Wow

VirtualSkeptic

A good break down of why theyre scammers.
The only thing to add is that the scammers have never "came clean" about the fake zoom wedding. They doubled down and made up more lies to cover up their previous lies in a video cutely titled "we lied about our wedding". They still claim it was a "real" wedding and still have their anniversary on the date of the fake wedding, not the date they actually went to the courthouse and legally married about a month after the fake wedding, which I have no doubt was entirely for the purpose of covering their ass and saving the integrity of their sham.

• Heart

fredflintstone

Chatty Member
Oh.........my........gosh!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! That's their current house???? How do they afford that????
That's the McMansion H&S, along with her parents, bought about a year ago. The other two properties are H&S's former house and Hannah's parents' former house, and there are a lot of photos for each. All were easily recognizable just from the videos they posted of them hanging out at their houses. I have no idea if either of them had a big mortgage on their previous home, but both sold for more than they bought them for. I don't remember when her parents bought theirs, but I don't think H&S were in their house even 2 years. It wasn't very long. Both their houses were nice and appeared to have plenty of room for both families. If I recall, one of H's brothers and his family lived next to their parents.

It's certainly their right to buy and live wherever they want, but paying $1.9 million USD for a house that isn't even accessible to Shane w/o someone carrying him up and down the stairs just seemed pretentious and, frankly, dumb unless they intended to update it. I remember the first several months in their previous house, maybe a year, that Hannah would drive him over to her parents' house once a week (or so) and hose him off in their shower. Their excuse was they didn't have a shower chair/bench that would fit in the main-floor bathtub in their house, and Shane's wheelchair wouldn't fit through the bathroom door.

It was an older house that previous owner(s) had remodeled, but the bathroom was still small. It had a fully-finished basement with another bedroom (or 2) and a full bath, but the only way they could get Shane downstairs and back up was for Hannah to carry him, a risky-looking process they demonstrated in one of their videos. Shane reacted as if he'd never been down there before. I'm just going by all the things they covered in their videos. At one point they were strongly hinting, and the sycophants were egging them on, that they needed to start a GoFundMe for $$$ to have an elevator installed in that house and to remodel the bathroom so Shane could get inside in his wheelchair. Many fans suggested some company that provides such services should "donate" their materials and labor in return for advertising. Shane (and/or his parents) had an elevator installed in his parents' modest home in Pennsylvania several years ago. Apparently they rejected that idea in their first house in favor of the McMansion, but so far I don't think they've installed an elevator there. One time they saw a house that listed for $1 million which had an elevator and all the amenities they were looking for, but they said they only qualified for a loan of $200K when they bought that house, so a $1 million house was not in the cards. There was some information about that here:

Of course we don't know their reasoning for buying "Shane Manor," but I guess they sat down with her parents and saw an opportunity for them to all live in one big house, so that's when they formed that Purple Flamingo LLC to buy it. Liz already has several airBnBs, so there was speculation they might utilize part of the McMansion for expanding Liz's business. Again, nothing wrong with that, but it just seems hypocritical to lament not being able to afford an accessible $1 million USD home, a $1,000 USD shower bench for the tub that would fit, or a $114 USD joystick part for S's new wheelchair while dropping big bucks eating expansive spreads of food that S could not possibly eat, but to turn around a few months later, and with her parents' chipping in, they spent almost twice that amount on the McMansion.

The only accessible concession they seem to have made to the McMansion is a somewhat dangerous looking wooden ramp leading from the 2nd floor at the back of the house to the patio and built-in pool. There's a 90-degree turn halfway down that with only short boards on the sides and rails on only a short section, just looks like an accident waiting to happen. It snows a LOT in Minnesota in the winter, so while I think they said the pool is heated, it's still outside, and we caught a glimpse of that ramp in a video a few weeks ago where it was covered in snow.

Shane reportedly had a mishap coming down the wooden ramp her parents had installed on their old house. It was iced over and didn't have high enough sides, and H said his chair fell off the side halfway down, pinning S in his chair up against the house. Apparently no one inside even knew it happened at first. H just happened to be going out a few minutes later and found him wedged there, understandably freaked out over seeing his life flash in front of his eyes. The result was a controversial black eye and a huge scare. It was one of the more blatant examples of H cackling inappropriately at her husband potentially being crushed to death. It was just very odd.

I didn't realize he was alone that much. 8 hours is pretty self sufficient
He's not self-sufficient. He's talked about how when he was still living with his parents and then moved in with H while she was in college in Northfield, MN, how his parents (and later H when she went to classes and swim practice) would get him up in the mornings, help him take care of his morning bathroom business, dress him, and sit him in his wheelchair. He said he intentionally limited his fluid intake over the day b/c (1) he couldn't pick up a cup or bottle, just a cup with a long straw someone had to place in front of him, and (2) so he wouldn't have to pee again for hours. I wouldn't be surprised if his kidneys and bladder were at risk for infection with this questionable practice, but he said he was able to hold it until someone came home.

I don't think he can eat by himself anymore. That's one of the big reasons he cited for getting the $50,000 USD Jaco arm. They wrestled with his insurance company for months to get that thing, and after it was initially denied, the righteously indignant sycophants urged each other to write to S's insurance company and "demand" they cover the cost of this thing that would transform S's life, but H says she often "forgets" to mount it back on his chair after it charges overnight.

He could use it to hold a cup, pour a drink, grasp finger food and reach his mouth. He could potentially open a door to escape in the event of a fire or something, and yet it seems MIA most of the time. I always wondered what could have happened if there were a fire and he needed to get out of the house quickly. He couldn't even open a door to escape. He's talked about one time (I think in one of his books) when he was sitting in his chair, home alone at his parents' house, when some random man walked through an unlocked door and started looking around and talking to S. It understandably scared him, but I think he said the guy was a harmless neighbor who apparently had a loose screw or two.

He's talked about having a panic attack at his parents' home one night when they were home but sitting outside. They apparently had a baby monitor in his room that for some reason wasn't working, and he was terrified he'd choke or need immediate help and they wouldn't be able to hear/see him.

All that to say, Shane is way too helpless to be left alone for hours on end. He's not "just a wheelchair user" regardless of how badly he wishes that were true. Face it, the dude got dealt a bad hand in life, but S and H could do so much more to educate people on disabilities and encourage others with disabilities if they would just own up to the fact that he requires full-time help to function and be safe and that having to provide that level of care can some days be difficult for many people. Same with all his bragging about his sexual prowess. Personally I don't care if they "do it" or how they "do it" if they do, but I imagine there are some of their audience who would benefit from them sharing the things they've found work for them. Or else just stop teasing about it. A lot of their video titles are nothing more than clickbait.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
A good break down of why theyre scammers.
The only thing to add is that the scammers have never "came clean" about the fake zoom wedding. They doubled down and made up more lies to cover up their previous lies in a video cutely titled "we lied about our wedding". They still claim it was a "real" wedding and still have their anniversary on the date of the fake wedding, not the date they actually went to the courthouse and legally married about a month after the fake wedding, which I have no doubt was entirely for the purpose of covering their ass and saving the integrity of their sham.
Totally agree with you. They never addressed the actually issues people had with doubling the wedding. They just spouted the basic line that people claim they aren't married. They never discuss why they seemingly didn't bother filing the paper work in time, nor why they picked a random date to actually get married. Or why their parents or friends couldn't come to sit with them on heir garden. We know they said Shane goes to her parents every week for a shower at the time so they saw each other regularly. Also I remember US viewers saying a legal marriage could never happen purely over zoom with no legal official present. It's clear they never were going to legally get married, people found them out, so they had to shit hurry the papers together to do it as soon as possible. That's why they ended up with the random wedding date they did. Every time they defend themselves they answer a different question to the ones people are actually asking. I bet Hannah was gutted she had to officially marry him. Maybe she got a big bonus.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

DoubleOld

VIP Member
So....Unpopular opinion here but here it is: Shane has a degenerative disease and, unfortunately, is pretty far into it. The medication he takes is not, again unfortunately, a cure for his condition. He is not a well man and despite trying to present otherwise he is medically fragile. Even considering having children is irresponsible and selfish beyond measure. Any children will outlive him by a long shot. Sorry to be so blunt but I am losing patience with the whole issue; like we're supposed to tip-toe around and not say - or even think - the obvious for fear of being called "ableists."

For what it's worth, I feel the same way about healthy and very wealthy 80 year olds who marry much younger trophy wives and then start a whole new family trying to regain their youth. It's the children who pay.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I totally agree that he just doesn't have the capacity for a full sexual relationship. This is fine as I've said before, the problem is they are lying about it. As said above, even kissing him can't be pleasant. Even if I were attracted to someone and in a relationship the way we were together would change depending on the circumstances. If we couldn't have sex or kiss or the like then you express love in other ways. There is nothong wrong with this, every situation and couple.is different. You don't pretend to the world you have a full active sex life when you clearly don't. I feel for other disabled people who watch Shane and feel sorry or cheated or a failure since they don't have the same experience that Shane claims he is having. If you can barely swallow, move your head or tongue or control saliva then you don't have full on pashs. It just won't be nice. It isn't something you can do. Kisses on the cheek or head or Hannah saying how she caresses his face and strokes his hair etc etc would be a much honest account. Pretending she jumps on his foot long snake and rides him is ridiculous.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15

Poggypig

VIP Member
The only person who is arsed about Shane’s prawn 🍤 is Shane himself no one else cares not even hannah I mean they defo don’t do stuff because she’s gay af I can’t believe how desperate they are getitng hannah out naked more and more they know it’s the only way to get views because they are so boring

But heyyy they are so wholesome their channel is so wholesome and families can watch together

They are defo catering more and more for the sick people out there

• Sick

Handi

I agree. I don't see your opinion as being unpopular here. If S&G are to be believed, about 1 in 40 people are carriers of the SMA gene. Of course they insist that should not be a reason for 1 in 40 people to not have children, and I agree. I actually applaud Hannah for being tested herself. She's not a carrier, so while any children of hers that Shane might potentially father (boy, that's a huge "IF") WILL be carriers, THEIR children together, unless the baby develops SMA in the womb from some random gene modification after conception, will not HAVE SMA.

Maybe it's just because genetic testing wasn't as advanced in 1992, the year Shane was born. By the time Shane's parents tried for a 2nd child, I gather Shane had already been diagnosed (I think he said he was between 1 and 2 years old when dx'd), so it seems they might have thought long and hard about their high odds of bringing another child with SMA into the world. Not saying they were wrong to have another child... and maybe they had an amnio done when the mom was carrying Andrew. I'm not "pro-choice" WRT ending a pregnancy solely b/c of a genetic defect. I just think after having one child WITH a serious genetic defect they'd want to lessen the odds they have another, not b/c that child's life is in any way "less worthy" than that of an unafflicted child, but is it okay to just blindly roll the dice and not consider all a child MIGHT have to deal with down the road?
Yeah i was born in 89 and i was the 3rd child, i wasn't diagnosed til i was about 4 or 5 so around 1993-94 bc it was such a new thing that no local doctors knew what it was so i had to go to a major city to see a specialist. By that time though my parents had already had another kid but luckily i was the only one out of 4 to be affected but they all carry the gene still and have gotten their spouses tested before having kids.

@Handi, I especially respect and value your insight about all this because you're living with SMA. I don't remember you ever saying the type or in what ways it affects you (and you do NOT owe anybody an explanation), but you KNOW the challenges involved with the condition. I can understand Shane's frustration with people (often little old ladies) expressing pity for him. He says he lives a happy and fulfilling life in spite of his condition, but it's all he's ever known. His situation is quite different from someone like Cole (of "Cole & Charisma" fame) who in an instant went from having a fully-functioning body to being a quadriplegic. Unlike Shane, Cole remembers what his life was like before, so it's understandable that his "new normal" presented a much bigger challenge for him than Shane has ever experienced, even though Shane is still "more" disabled than Cole. In Shane's case, I don't think he can fully appreciate or mourn what he's "lost" because he never HAD it.
I have type 3 which is what Shane has i think and i'm in no way close to how bad he is but i also did a lot of things to help prevent it like wearing my braces on my legs and hands as i grew up. The being pitied sucks yes, but i just correct them and say "you don't have to do that, i'm actually pretty well off" and they usually seemed shocked for some reason haha.

There is a vast difference between being born with a disability and gaining it through an accident but dont get it wrong, just bc we never really walked or any of that, doesn't mean we can't appreciate or mourn what we have never been able to do. Everyday of our lives we have watched as people climbed, ran, jumped, kicked a ball, played football, etc. and that's hard on its own. at least Cole got to experience a lot of that before getting disabled.

I truly don't think Shane is happy bc he's living a fake life and not only that, he flat out lies to his fans and exploits them. He makes all of his disabled fans think that his relationship is attainable but it isn't, its all fake. That's not me being pessimistic or anything, its being realistic. Are we really supposed to believe that all 3 of his past girlfriends who are good looking, with similar names all approached him for a date/relationship? And they all just so happen to be on book covers or other business ventures with him? Hell him and hannah had 2-3 fake weddings where they got thousands of dollars in money and gifts each time. There are so many holes in their stories that its ridiculous. He even shits on other disabled people in his book bc he thinks he's superior.

He used to be a decent advocate for disabled people but now he's just a dick.

• Heart

Nadad41t

With that in mind I imagine this is how they keep up with the lies.

*Calls Shane*

Anyone: "Can I speak to Shane?"

*Hannah answers*

Hannah: "Hold on, he's on the driveway washing the car. He just got back from a fishing trip. Let me check... He'll have to call you back later, he's now putting away the groceries he picked up on the way home. What's this about?"

Anyone: "We wanted to know how the JACO arm is doing for him. Sounds like it's really making him independent"

• Haha
anyone can sit in a chair for 8 hours. it doesn't make them self sufficient. if anything shane makes it even harder on himself to be independent by refusing any help or simple adaptations to help him. Despite protesting he was home alone when hannah was at college they already said she had to dash home mid lectures and come back at lunchtime etc to help him with the bathroom and see how he is. im aware he said that he cant use a catheter but surely there are other options. although to be honest we know he wears diapers now which is at least something i dont think they did before even though he would never admit it.

• Sad

Cattycat79

Chatty Member
Although his sperm is feeble (no one is shocked), they're both proud that his "volume" was way off the charts, as if it denotes ultra masculinity - more manly than able bodied men who were below his ranking! No, dude, it's a dead giveaway that you haven't "unloaded" in a looooooong ass time. He's an incel, so his extremely high "volume" makes sense.

• Haha
I saw in the comments on the latest video a fan said something along the lines of, "I consider people who are paraplegic people who are in nursing homes. But you're too intelligent so you clearly aren't that." Umm... okay. Because he definitely doesn't need 24/7 care at all :rolleyes: Just a really smart normal guy in a wheelchair, that's all it is people 😂 I still have yet to see this so called brilliance he supposedly has. All I've seen in juvenile jokes and very mediocre writing.

• Heart

Cattycat79

Chatty Member
Absurd is right - anyone with two brain cells to rub together wouldn't fall his attempt at boosting his sad ego with this highly unlikely story. The netting would provide more than ample security for Shane's thimble sized peen. Such a lame attempt to convince viewers that contrary to Shane's puny physical stature, he has a beast sized tentacle that cannot be contained. Sure, bud.

He's sexually frustrated, as evidenced by his "voluminous" sperm sample. And there's Hannah's bare tiddies flopping out of her swim top while he can't do anything but sit there and drool. I'm sure she teases him alot that way.

• Haha

boredawn

Oh god, I just realised how bloody deeply Shane’s delusion of being as ‘able bodied’ as everyone else, other than his wheelchair use, is. Like, I’m realising that this isny hyperbole, Shane is completely entrenched in this train of thought.

So, this is a very very small thing, but I think it gives you massive insight into his thinking.

When he describes going to pick up Hannah at the airport for first time – ‘My brother was helping driving’. Not, ‘My brother drove me’. Now, you can either drive someone or not, driving isn’t a two person activity that Shane is actively participating in – he is, of course, the passenger. However, Shane’s fractured ego can’t even accept on this very basic/superficial level, that he is dependant. He instinctively communicates in a way that makes it sound that he is physically contributing. I’m sorry but that’s actually mental. Its very clear that he has some serious hangups about his condition, and level of dependence. He’s at the point where he’s even lying to himself!

Kind of sad really.

• Heart

Dbledutchs

I understand his need to be useful, like he made the rice, we all know he didn't, because he can't physically make anything. Maybe Hannah made it, and she is an extension of him? Like he told her what to do? But how would he know how to cook rice, he's never cooked anything. I think his whole life he just wanted to be his brother, able bodied and tall. So the family recognized that and told him he was helping, like they can't do stuff without him. Idk, it's a weird dynamic and honestly hurts the public more than it helps. Like if disabled people see that post that he "made" the rice, they might think, well why can't I do that? If Shane can, and he is completely disabled, then why can't I? If he was honest, like, look what was made for me, I'm so grateful, I can't help physically, but I was in the kitchen keeping people company while they cooked and that's all I can do. I think the honesty would be refreshing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14