Squirmy & Grubs #5 Squirmy & Grubs & What the ….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They got a loan for $1,402,500 to pay for the mansion. That means they only put down $467k. I remember thinking that’s probably the amount Liz and George netted from the sale of their home. Could it be that Shane and Hannah are on the loan but didn’t put anything down? I know Shane didn’t sell the home that Hannah and he just moved from. He would pay capital gains if he sold now so I’m guessing that he’s hanging onto it for now. So they’ve got a mortgage on the old house and now their share of the mansion mortgage has got to be $5,000.I think they’re banking on the success of the channel as opposed to having hoards of money saved.
View attachment 599623
Good find! I wondered why the "Mesna" name looked familiar. That was the name of the previous owners. Where did you find that? I only find the realtor . com information and the Hennepin County assessor's page.

As for S&G having this big mortgage, I can't see their financial situation changing THAT much in the past 1 1/2 years. Remember when they did the video about looking at the "million-dollar" house with the elevator and drooling over it, talking like there was no way they could ever afford that... and they said that they only qualified for a $200,000 loan when they bought their last house (which sold for $382,500 in November 2019)? Of course, I'm assuming they were being truthful when they said that, but unless they've got a getting place they've kept a big secret, I can't see them qualifying for any more than that now. I think Hannah's parents chipped in the bulk of the down payment.

Depending on the interest rate and term of the loan, the monthly note on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage of $1,402,500 would be at least $6000, and that's probably a low-end estimate.

Oh, and their "old" house is on the market now... for $500,000.

I noticed they took the dining set with the white upholstered chairs that came with their old house to the new house. I mean, it was theirs to take. I just thought it unusual it came with the old house. They staged the old house with their furniture in it before moving it all out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Good find guys. However, does the high mortgage and monthly payments mean that they are not planning to stop scamming anytime soon? If the numbers are correct, I wonder in what innovative ways they will scam now. Actually, forget it. Why innovate when you have braindead followers..

I think that Shane's concerning current weight is the direct result of Hannah convincing Shane over a year ago to stop using his feeding tube. The Boost shakes and few bites of meals are not enough to maintain his weight let alone gain weight and he needs a steady stream of calories throughout the day with a feeding tube. This is the main reason why I never liked Hannah- she is not a trained medical professional or intelligent, yet his family blindly put trust in her to be his sole caretaker. Shane's parents dramatically reduced his life span the moment they let him move in with Hannah. Hannah is a master manipulator and the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Shane is a means to an end for her in regards to her achieving internet fame, fortune, a mansion and adoration from fans around the world. Her large, greedy eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when she saw Shane interviewed by Rain Wilson on "My Last Days" because that celebrity connection communicated to her that Shane had "star power" and HER life would change forever by being with him. She wouldn't be an aimless girl working the Kohl's loading docks- she'd be his lifeline. She was never a selfless, loving caretaker- she was and will always be a greedy, self serving opportunist.

You need to comprehend that Shane is a grown man with no mental retardation or mental illness. No matter how physically disabled or emotionally vulnerable he is, the law recognises his right to hold agency over his own life. They did not "allow" anything. They did not have any choice about "placing trust" in her. Shane decided he was moving in with her and so that's what happened. They had no power to stop the move.

If they are concerned about her motives, her capability or any of the decisions she's made about his care they are in a terribly difficult position. Push back even an inch and it's pretty obvious she could convince Shane to cut them off entirely. All that they have at their disposal as an option for dealing with this is to shut up and put up with her or they will be banished from his life entirely.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You need to comprehend that Shane is a grown man with no mental retardation or mental illness. No matter how physically disabled or emotionally vulnerable he is, the law recognises his right to hold agency over his own life. They did not "allow" anything. They did not have any choice about "placing trust" in her. Shane decided he was moving in with her and so that's what happened. They had no power to stop the move.

If they are concerned about her motives, her capability or any of the decisions she's made about his care they are in a terribly difficult position. Push back even an inch and it's pretty obvious she could convince Shane to cut them off entirely. All that they have at their disposal as an option for dealing with this is to shut up and put up with her or they will be banished from his life entirely.
Exactly, correct choices or not, Shane has every right to make his own health choices, I have a few experiences with people close to me who have literally refused to care for their health conditions and it eventually killed them or severely impacted their health in ways they will never recover from, if they are adults and not mentally incapacitated they have those choices, so while I am not a fan of Hannah I don't see how this could be blamed on her. Shane could easily call doctors, a service, his parents for help if he didn't think he was getting appropriate care.

Reactions: 14
Exactly, correct choices or not, Shane has every right to make his own health choices, I have a few experiences with people close to me who have literally refused to care for their health conditions and it eventually killed them or severely impacted their health in ways they will never recover from, if they are adults and not mentally incapacitated they have those choices, so while I am not a fan of Hannah I don't see how this could be blamed on her. Shane could easily call doctors, a service, his parents for help if he didn't think he was getting appropriate care.
Even as recently as the 1970s disabled people were treated like they were incompetent under the law. In many cases, parents/spouses/guardians, even institutions where they lived could make life altering decisions without their permission. Those laws were changed by dint of tireless campaigning and hard work by many thousands of disabled people and their advocates. This was a wonderful advance. I would never wish to go back to the days when a physical disability meant that a person's most basic human rights were taken from them. They were infantilised and dehumanised. Exploited and abused physically, financially and emotionally because they had no legal right to make choices for themselves. It was appalling. For example, Helen Keller was not permitted to marry a man with whom she was in love and who it appears was very much in love with her.

Far more people benefit from the changes that have been made in those laws than are endangered by them. Shane has made a lot of very bad choices. I think he has made choices which endanger his health and possibly his life. But those choices: who to marry, where to live, with whom to live, what treatments he will and will not undergo - are ones he has every legal and moral right to make.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Perfectly said Tilly Kister. My guess is that Shane's parents voiced their concerns regarding Hannah and about him moving to Minnesota and he was unable to hear them. After all, this really was his only chance at having a hot girlfriend who made him feel romantically loved. Hannah also pursued Shane in a way no other "girlfriend" had and it would have been too painful for him to examine the motives for her behavior. He was hell-bent on this move happening and he could have even claimed that he was being held against his will in Pennsylvania.

Keep in mind that just because his parents physically put him in his wheelchair and drove him to the airport doesn't mean that they ever, in their hearts, really consented.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Perfectly said Tilly Kister. My guess is that Shane's parents voiced their concerns regarding Hannah and about him moving to Minnesota and he was unable to hear them. After all, this really was his only chance at having a hot girlfriend who made him feel romantically loved. Hannah also pursued Shane in a way no other "girlfriend" had and it would have been too painful for him to examine the motives for her behavior. He was hell-bent on this move happening and he could have even claimed that he was being held against his will in Pennsylvania.

Keep in mind that just because his parents physically put him in his wheelchair and drove him to the airport doesn't mean that they ever, in their hearts, really consented.
Shane is such a prick. Honestly they should've been like "ok, if you want to live with her then manage everything yourself from now on". Instead I bet they had to help him pack and help him with the move, let alone look after him for his whole life up until Hannah, and he didn't even bother to see them for 2 years.

Thing is Shane doesn't have as much right to make his own decisions. Like sure, he can decide sth but still he needs other people to help him follow up which they will not always comply with. All he can do is hope others will help him or throw a fit like a kid in a pram.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They literally think S&H can have sex
I saw in the comments that someone was like “that’s none of your business” when that was brought up. Well, S&H make it our business by constantly bringing it up. What is this game they play where they hint at things and then when people speculate they get angry?

• Heart
Just judging by the videos and what evidence I have been able to find, there are at least a couple of laws that have been broken. I am not discussing it on here because I am serious about presenting what I have found.
This has become a lot more serious than just a YT channel to bring down.

• Wow
  • Heart
That’s sad to bad mouth him for that, maybe the dad had somewhere he needed to be or maybe he just didn’t want to leave Shane laying in his bed all morning.
Fellow SMAer here, That's exactly why my dad would get me up so early and i never minded bc i could go back to sleep in my chair. That was all before we had any kind of help btw, he's older and so now we have help

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you Tilly Kister, Double Old, Skeptical Girl Mom and Missima for the reactions to my comment regarding Shane and his care and/or the conversation it brought forth today. You all make really great points and I realize that despite my worries about his future, ultimately it was Shane's decision to put his care in Hannah's hands. Shane needs a high level of care and I do worry about how Shane isn't particularly proactive about his own care and Hannah isn't very motivated about her own self care- they kind of feed into each other's laziness and procrastination which isn't a great mood to be in everyday. I wish I could trust Hannah, but her hysterical laughter and taking delight in his recounting his health scares on camera is really unnerving to see and red flags about her character continue to come up for me.

Fellow SMAer here, That's exactly why my dad would get me up so early and i never minded bc i could go back to sleep in my chair. That was all before we had any kind of help btw, he's older and so now we have help
Thank you for your input. Yes, what Shane's dad did was an act of love and Hannah twisting it to meet her own agenda really made me angry.

Thank you Tilly Kister, Double Old, Skeptical Girl Mom and Missima for the reactions to my comment regarding Shane and his care and/or the conversation it brought forth today. You all make really great points and I realize that despite my worries about his future, ultimately it was Shane's decision to put his care in Hannah's hands. Shane needs a high level of care and I do worry about how Shane isn't particularly proactive about his own care and Hannah isn't very motivated about her own self care- they kind of feed into each other's laziness and procrastination which isn't a great mood to be in everyday. I wish I could trust Hannah, but her hysterical laughter and taking delight in his recounting his health scares on camera is really unnerving to see and red flags about her character continue to come up for me.
I think we're all very worried about Shane and do not trust Hannah. But I think Hannah's not properly taking care of him goes much deeper than laziness. I think she is a devotee (we can agree to disagree) and that she is not interested in how to best meet his medical needs but only interested in his disability. The money from the channel and being labeled a saint are just icing on the cake for her; I don't think dollar signs were in her eyes when she originally contacted him.

I am also very worried about him being left in the pool in a flotation device as she leaves him there and then walks or cutsie swims away. That's reckless. Not to mention he will get burned to a crisp by the reflection of the sun on the water as he lays there hour after hour and then gets dangerously dehydrated. Will she even know the signs?

But I don't think Shane would want to be with someone who was really committed to taking care of him properly. He needs to believe that he doesn't need any special care. And Hannah is more than willing to meet that need under the guise of "love."

But the bottom line is this is where he wants to be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think Shane knows just as well as Hannah that their relationship is all about the money and attention. Catty posted something on here Shane said a while back on social media...- " 2 (or 3 i dont remember) years later and people STILL think we're a real couple". Theres no way he would say that if they were genuine because that would just be hurtful af to Hannah, but Im sure it pissed her off just like when he said "we're not really married" during the livestream after the fake ceremony. Even not being genuine, they still probably play a massive part in shanes well being. When his "whatever u want to call it" ended with Anna I bet he was depressed af. He'll be just as crushed if when this sham with Hannah ends. All the attention and compliments are probably the main source of his Self Worth. Without 1000s of people telling him what a funny, handsome stud he is, reality probably hits a lot harder.
I dont blame him for how he is (selfish, entitled, and very immature) but im incapable of respecting or worrying about him. Hes stooped about as low as he couldve with all these lies taking advantage of the disabled community among many others.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
New video up about nighttime routine. guess the couch scene is supposed to look convincing. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t.

Reactions: 6
New video up about nighttime routine. guess the couch scene is supposed to look convincing. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t.

And they just admit they bought this mansion but cannot shower Shane in the master bath, t isn't accessible. Isn't that why the moved?

I also do not believe he had not been in the basement of their new home, ever. She could carry him down to see it.

Liars.

• Wow
Isn't it interesting that people were questioning where the robot arm was and why they never heard from Shane's parents, then suddenly he's drinking wine using the arm and his parents show up for his birthday?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.