Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought you were having a go at us all at first!

Great post btw.
Oh gosh no, I could never use those words to describe Tattlers. So far I’ve found the conversation here measured, intelligent, and entertaining. I’d grown bored of Sali but she’s worth following now just so I can enjoy the interesting conversation here.
Thank you ☺

@Aude LED light is supper interesting, my sister used to use it at work during procedures to reduce scarring. I’d be very curious how an at home version would work.

Reactions: 3
The mention here yesterday of SH's relationship with a friend reminded me of something I'd thought about including in the Wiki, in Section 5 where it talks about changes here since the video. This is what I was thinking of. Would you tick if you think it worth including and frown if you'd rather it wasn't included?

'Another change since the video is that we now steer clear of mentioning her family and friends (apart from those who independently have a high profile). Even though we had only been responding to information SH had herself put in the public domain, and it had only ever been a very small part of the content here, she made it clear in the video that it was mentions of family and friends that had been particularly upsetting. Despite her having misrepresented the way in which family and friends were mentioned here, we took this on board and have been aware of the need to avoid further mentions.'

Reactions: 14
I can’t even think of anything to say about the column that we haven’t said for weeks on end ; dull, repetitive and could have been done by anyone with a vague interest in skin and beauty products.

I wonder what she gets off the Guardian for her column , I don’t think she offers value for money.

Reactions: 11
The mention here yesterday of SH's relationship with a friend reminded me of something I'd thought about including in the Wiki, in Section 5 where it talks about changes here since the video. This is what I was thinking of. Would you tick if you think it worth including and frown if you'd rather it wasn't included?

'Another change since the video is that we now steer clear of mentioning her family and friends (apart from those who independently have a high profile). Even though we had only been responding to information SH had herself put in the public domain, and it had only ever been a very small part of the content here, she made it clear in the video that it was mentions of family and friends that had been particularly upsetting. Despite her having misrepresented the way in which family and friends were mentioned here, we took this on board and have been aware of the need to avoid further mentions.'
If it's changed it hasn't been since the video. I know that I have mentioned both family (husband) and friends (both blue ticks and non blue ticks who've engaged in conversations about here with SH on Twitter) so I the above isn't accurate.
Any inaccuracy will be pounced on so, personally, I would steer clear of generalisations. Sorry, to sound critical. I did read the Wiki a few days ago and meant to comment that you'd done an amazing job and clearly spent a lot if time on it. X

Reactions: 2
I saw the hot and flashy video on the red light mask. She's so refreshingly honest. Love how she pointed out to not just follow anecdotal evidence (guilty of that) and used her own experience of seeing improvements in her pores where actually there weren't any when she looked at the photo result.

Reactions: 1
If it's changed it hasn't been since the video. I know that I have mentioned both family (husband) and friends (both blue ticks and non blue ticks who've engaged in conversations about here with SH on Twitter) so I the above isn't accurate.
Any inaccuracy will be pounced on so, personally, I would steer clear of generalisations. Sorry, to sound critical. I did read the Wiki a few days ago and meant to comment that you'd done an amazing job and clearly spent a lot if time on it. X
Thanks - you've made me realise I need to be clearer.

I think there's a big difference between us mentioning anyone - friends, family, other - who posts false and/or abusive comments about us in the media or social media and us mentioning a friend or family member outside that context (such as the mention yesterday of her friend). I was only thinking of the second type of mention, not where it has been in response to an attack.

I also didn't mean to suggest that there have been no mentions of family or friends since then - clearly there have - but just that there has been an awareness that wasn't there previously and a general agreement that we don't want to go there.

I'll have another go at the wording.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I had a look at one of the other influencer threads that I occasionally comment on. I saw a comment "big nose twit". I immediately unwatched the thread. Sali might act like this thread is the nastiest ever but it's far more measured than most

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This place has opened my eyes, so thank you all. Lockdown did me a favour - so much time that we don't normally have to read and think!

After a few weeks of unfollowing SH and Hirons, I don't give them clicks and won't be following any other skincare or beauty 'experts'. It feels like a detox - I'm sick of being sold to, lied to and patronised, and I won't be convinced that some expensive gadget or serum will change my life, or make any material difference to my happiness. No shade to anyone that wants to buy into the beauty market, but I'm done. I've got my cleanser, moisturiser and spf, and as long as they keep my skin comfortable, I'll stick with them.

I'm finished being a punter and having my femininity being covertly criticised to erode my self esteem and get me to part from my wages.

The threads here, Hinch especially, really bring into stark contrast what a crock of tit we're sold as women. People are desperate for connection and approval, to be part of an army or hashtag, becuase modern capitalism is so isolating and alienating. These people, their agents and marketers exploit loneliness and self doubt for money, status and fame.

I didn't start meaning to turn this into a rant, but I want to thank everyone who has repeatedly pointed out the difference between what these influencers want us to read and accept unquestioningly and the money, inconsistencies, nastiness and toxicity behind it.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Anyone got any idea why SH is replying to a five year old tweet which contains a dead link?

20200801_171737.jpg

I didn’t read it that way either. She’s always been very transparent about affiliate links, and is always careful to give a non-affiliate link for everything as well. I think it’s shoddy when brands, who make an awful lot of sales from influencers, try to stiff them like that.
I do think she’s good with the transparency, it (complaining about the pay) just somehow shows behind the curtain and makes me a bit embarrassed for them.

Reactions: 5
Just used a new aloe Vera for Nuface. Big mistake thinking I could layer other nighttime stuff on top. Pill city!

I’m really enjoying the nu face ... it’s definitely helping things along ... need to get some more gel for it now now

Reactions: 3
I think Stacey Dooley looks great in chunky gold jewellery. But the rest of her style is very understated and classic, very Phoebe Philo era Celine.

Reactions: 1
Since she's so dull and reductive, a troll must fill their time somehow.

@Aude I've saved the links of screen grabs and posts about her stalking tattlers, and other things (just started and it's already an abundance). Should we link these concrete examples to your summary? E.g. about Esther Coren:

https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hughes.269/page-2#lg=post-37899&slide=0
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...vented-the-aubergine-penis-emoji.2970/page-41

https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...emoji.2970/page-42#lg=attachment44737&slide=0
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...nis-emoji.2970/page-42#lg=post-515164&slide=0
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...nis-emoji.2970/page-42#lg=post-515164&slide=1
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...oundation.3132/page-15#lg=post-518482&slide=0

Or about her knowing the identity of half the people here:
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...nis-emoji.2970/page-41#lg=post-515030&slide=0
And there's so much more just from that thread. I've started with the 4th thread and as it's mainly about trolling Dawn, my tendons will need probably medical attention. :LOL:

Is this worth pursuing? She is making a documentary after all, why not help her with some material?

ETA Missing words :D

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@Aude I've saved the links of screen grabs and posts about her stalking tattlers, and other things (just started and it's already an abundance). Should we link these concrete examples to your summary? E.g. about Esther Coren:
Given that we can provide evidence for everything said in the Wiki, my concern about including links is where do we stop?? Perhaps the way round this is just to say 'Here are some examples'.

Unless people say otherwise, I'll include the links you've identified and any others you come up with.

I'll finalise the Wiki tomorrow. I feel I've been giving this too much thought lately, so will be glad to finish it.

Reactions: 8
is where do we stop??
We don't stop 🎶 :LOL:

I get it, there's so much of it, I just thought it would be easier for new people to see, but just a few examples are enough.
Some for sentimental reasons :geek::
Skidmark Origins:
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...nis-emoji.2970/page-31#lg=post-513492&slide=0
Sides of beef
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hughes-4-the-keats-of-foundation.3132/#lg=post-516858&slide=0
Eric offers help
https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hu...nis-emoji.2970/page-34#lg=post-513915&slide=0

This was merely a suggestion, we can scrap it all together! :m

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.