Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand what she is saying is being lied about? Seriously. There’s nothing on here I believe that’s not been written about by her already and put in the public domain.

I give up
I think I misidentified a Missoma necklace a few weeks ago. Could that be what she means? I keep meaning to come clean about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She also brought the death of her Mother to social media , to IG and no one would have known otherwise.

Reactions: 3
Why on earth would the world need a memoir of a not quite journalist/make-up artist? Am I missing something here?

As said before too, there are so many gaping holes, misrepresentation and half truths in her backstory that it would need to be titled Jackanory.

her being ‘private’ made me actually laugh out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Her Insta page is not from someone wanting to maintain her privacy.

From the champagne cork on her toe during her lockdown piss up to the excruciating Peleton story, she’s invading her own privacy if anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Her Insta page is not from someone wanting to maintain her privacy.

From the champagne cork on her toe during her lockdown piss up to the excruciating Peleton story, she’s invading her own privacy if anything.
The Peleton Panting of a Pretty Private Person...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Probably an unpopular or old fashioned opinion, but I think it takes a certain amount of narcissism or self-unawareness to post regular selfies, to write about one's life, family and sex life, reveal oneself (unintentionally to some degree) and still expect the world to hold the same impression you want others to hold of you. To my mind, IK holds this in SPADES, really an archetype of this group.

There's something about being an opinion writer, you have to be certain that not only is your story or opinion so important that the world/readership must hear it but that it's also worth a(n inflated) salary.

As an introvert, this extrinsic motivation/validation is absolutely alien. I read somewhere a good while ago that those of us on internet forums are mostly introverts, so we choose to remain anonymous when others (Twitterati) can't fathom it or think it should be outlawed. But then, as introverts, we're not seeking external validation in the same way and don't expect to be paid for what we write in terms of money or reputation.

One can't put these personal stories on the public sphere, on a medium that never forgets and not expect the public to have receipts and, in some cases form an undesirable opinion based on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She also brought the death of her Mother to social media , to IG and no one would have known otherwise.
And shared an article about her estrangement from her mother (which she said some members of her family had asked her not to put on her website because they disagreed with it) amongst strangers in her FaceBook group. I suppose it had already been published 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Didn't she say somewhere recently that her new book will be basically rewriting her columns from The Pool or something like that? Now she needs persuading?

Didn't she say somewhere recently that her new book will be basically rewriting her columns from The Pool or something like that? Now she needs persuading?
She said in her chat with Marcia Kilgore that she had repurposed an Pool column about struggling to find "age appropriate" clothes on.the UK high street for her book.
Apart from that the book is shrouded in mystery. She has said that it's not about beauty. From 43 minutes here she says her publisher has told her not to tell anyone too much about it in case they steal her idea.

Reactions: 1
@Mselvista 👏

Does she actually think we'd buy that book? Pay full price for it? When we're still saving money for that scrunchie and heirloom lipstick. She's needlessly worried.
What's this "online" instead of her usual terminology? Is she being careful with her language or does she want it to seem like there's hundreds of people writing about her, instead of a handful of mentals in the cesspit of Internet.

she says her publisher has told her not to tell anyone too much about it in case they steal her idea.
I'd suggest her PA or whoever pays more attention to what she says and writes, as opposed to here, so that contradictions such as these don't happen.

Reactions: 4
Didn't she write about her son having an operation on a very private area? (edited for vagueness as I feel awkward even writing that in case I made a mistake)
I can't think of anything less private than that. God I hope she asked him for his permission before sending it to her editor.

Probably an unpopular or old fashioned opinion, but I think it takes a certain amount of narcissism or self-unawareness to post regular selfies, to write about one's life, family and sex life, reveal oneself (unintentionally to some degree) and still expect the world to hold the same impression you want others to hold of you. To my mind, IK holds this in SPADES, really an archetype of this group.

There's something about being an opinion writer, you have to be certain that not only is your story or opinion so important that the world/readership must hear it but that it's also worth a(n inflated) salary.

As an introvert, this extrinsic motivation/validation is absolutely alien. I read somewhere a good while ago that those of us on internet forums are mostly introverts, so we choose to remain anonymous when others (Twitterati) can't fathom it or think it should be outlawed. But then, as introverts, we're not seeking external validation in the same way and don't expect to be paid for what we write in terms of money or reputation.

One can't put these personal stories on the public sphere, on a medium that never forgets and not expect the public to have receipts and, in some cases form an undesirable opinion based on them.
So well put! Its like politics, normally the worst people become opinion writers / politicians (scum attracts scum India & Eric)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So well put!
Thank you.
And another thing!

These days, Twitter and Instagram are part of a public figure's brand and publicity, but some only see it like that when it suits.

"Here's my author's headshot next to my bio and a link to buy my new book/read my newest piece. If you scroll down just a little, here's a lovely review of the book from a noted author or friend and something about my charity work. Look, it's next to half a dozen tweets or replies insulting some of my readers and/or applauding a friend for insulting another writer or some of my readers, or me contributing to a 4 hour pile on of a different writer. Also some more personal information that I don't want anyone to mention or to read really but it's on this public forum.

I can't understand why people don't respect the clear difference in what I post in public to raise my sales and profile and what I also post in public, under my name, to insult others."

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She needs to build up the narrative that she is being bullied and that the bullying is so bad that it’s causing her to rethink... everything.

Reactions: 11
Spinning & propaganda. Pathetic really. So much easier to play the victim card than face up to the choices she has made that got her here.

Reactions: 6
It’s very apparent that Sali has not publicised the Hirons/British Beauty Council/BABTAC appeal to support indie beauty therapists and salons. Hirons is a nightmare wrapped in a tantrum, but nevertheless this should be right up Sali’s street, surely? Or does she think buying her shampoo from Glasgow with do the trick?

Reactions: 4
I haven't been up to speed with Caroline that much, ever since she ditched those eyelashes 🤭, she kind of lost me. Oh, I see this involves giving actual money. Not implying anything. Just an observation. 💅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.