Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @TriviaNewtonJohn for the thread title!

Recap: Sali is now flogging Missoma glasses chains that she received at a 40% discount

She refuses to say where she's going on holidays in case some "hole, mad people" speculate that it's for free

Many people still haven't recovered from the orgasmic Peleton video

She is shoe-horning Tattle in at every opportunity

Let me know if I missed anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm very interested in the documentary on bullying, if that's what she is doing. I imagine it would lead to more traffic here and more people judging for themselves the type of discussions we have. (On this thread, I don't follow many others so can't comment on the entire site).

I think it would be really interesting if SH also examined her own online behaviour against DOP, especially if the latter was gracious enough to have a frank conversation about the experience. But if my former bullies asked me to participate in something that would further their own career I'd ignore their request. Esp if it was in an industry they pretty much bullied me out of (is that what happened with DOP? The campaign led her to stop making tv documentaries?)

Reactions: 9
I had no idea about this - is it on the earlier threads? Pretty nasty if so.
I'm not 100% sure if that's what happened, just have a vague memory of it. Hoping someone with better recall than me can clarify. But yes, the whole DOP saga is on earlier threads including some nasty articles by SH's friend Michael Hogan.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I had no idea about this - is it on the earlier threads? Pretty nasty if so.
It is, can't remember which one. Sali and her Twitter luvvies called her prawn and slagged her relentlessly on Twitter. Sali deleted all the offending tweets but the manual retweets and replies remained

It's on this thread

Reactions: 5
Bit hypocritical if she’s making a documentary about bullying unless she’s going to talk about her personal experience of it from both sides - being both the perpetrator (as fully evidenced) and victim (as she no doubt perceives herself). Let’s see if she can be pretty honest.

She totally down played it there. Also, let’s not forget, it wasn’t just DOP she was cruel and bullying towards.

Reactions: 12
I will be really annoyed if the bullying piece is about her and Tattle. Surely there will be a researcher on the case to help her? And she has been mean (girl) to many people throughout her career. Pot, kettle...

Reactions: 6
I do love a screenshot , we didn’t discover what Dawn had to apologise for.
i also love that her justification is that she didn’t have many followers. Oh that’s ok then? i think saying you were unkind is understatement of the year.

Reactions: 15
Also, she needs to remember that this site is about her, not for her. It's not like we're contacting her directly with nasty comments.

Reactions: 10
I listened to the interview. JG asked her if she'd mind talking about her IG video of last year. SH said the same as she always does: it's all lies and 'conspiracy theories' and every small thing being dissected.

She's right of course about the last but it's simply not true that there are lies and conspiracy theories. I've said it here before: I've read all c 18,000 posts on the SH threads and I don't think there's been a single instance of a lie or a 'conspiracy theory'. I think, at worst, there have been a couple of instances where a couple of posters incorrectly assumed she was given something free or had been paid to promote a particular product - hardly surprising given the grey area in which she operates.

She also said, as she always does, that it's incredibly upsetting for herself and her family and friends and she doesn't understand how people can carry on doing it when they know how upsetting it is.

She said she was making a 'documentary' about it for Radio 4. This was because her way of dealing with upsetting things was to research deeply into them. Incredible! From the person who - by her own admission - has not even read the thing she complains about.

I'll call it now. The 'documentary' will be a) her own experience at length, b) a couple of interviews with other influencers who have done similar teary videos about being 'trolled' and 'bullied' on Tattle and c) an interview with an exTattler who now bitterly regrets her past conduct which was entirely motivated by jealousy.

What it will not be is any enquiry into the influencer industry, how it's designed to manipulate people, how it drives people into debt, how people feel when they realise they've been manipulated, what impact it has on an influencer to be told daily how wonderful they are by hundreds of strangers, how influencers justify being in that line of business, how ASA rules are being flaunted, how it's driven commentary and criticism underground to places such as Tattle. Etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
O
I listened to the interview. JG asked her if she'd mind talking about her IG video of last year. SH said the same as she always does: it's all lies and 'conspiracy theories' and every small thing being dissected.

She's right of course about the last but it's simply not true that there are lies and conspiracy theories. I've said it here before: I've read all c 18,000 posts on the SH threads and I don't think there's been a single instance of a lie or a 'conspiracy theory'. I think, at worst, there have been a couple of instances where a couple of posters incorrectly assumed she was given something free or had been paid to promote a particular product - hardly surprising given the grey area in which she operates.

She also said, as she always does, that it's incredibly upsetting for herself and her family and friends and she doesn't understand how people can carry on doing it when they know how upsetting it is.

She said she was making a 'documentary' about it for Radio 4. This was because her way of dealing with upsetting things was to research deeply into them. Incredible! From the person who - by her own admission - has not even read the thing she complains about.

I'll call it now. The 'documentary' will be a) her own experience at length, b) a couple of interviews with other influencers who have done similar teary videos about being 'trolled' and 'bullied' on Tattle and c) an interview with a exTattler who now bitterly regrets her past conduct which was entirely motivated by jealousy.

What it will not be is any enquiry into the influencer industry, how it's designed to manipulate people, how it drives people into debt, how people feel when they realise they've been manipulated, what impact it has on a influencer to be told daily how wonderful they are by hundreds of strangers, how influencers justify being in that line of business, how ASA rules are being flaunted, how it's driven commentary and criticism underground to places such as Tattle. Etc.
Oh DEEP RESEARCH like a proper journalist which she very much is mmmmhh??

Boo bleeping hoo Sally. You choose to read here. We don't force it upon you.

Reactions: 6
I'll call it now. The 'documentary' will be a) her own experience at length, b) a couple of interviews with other influencers who have done similar teary videos about being 'trolled' and 'bullied' on Tattle and c) an interview with an exTattler who now bitterly regrets her past conduct which was entirely motivated by jealousy.

What it will not be is any enquiry into the influencer industry, how it's designed to manipulate people, how it drives people into debt, how people feel when they realise they've been manipulated, what impact it has on a influencer to be told daily how wonderful they are by hundreds of strangers, how influencers justify being in that line of business, how ASA rules are being flaunted, how it's driven commentary and criticism underground to places such as Tattle. Etc.
100%

Reactions: 1
Why should influencers be beyond reproach? I have a pain in the ass boss and clients that are quick to give feedback.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.