Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just re-read the Esther Walker Twitter thread. Jesus, it’s just nasty and mean. Sali comes across as being bitchy just for the sake of it and her attempt to somehow dress it up as feminism is bollocks.

Her shameless behaviour towards Lauren Luke when she went after her job was disgraceful.

It’s appalling that she is taking part in a documentary about bullying when she’s as guilty as anyone of such behaviour. And so publicly and shamelessly. I understand she feels hurt by things she has seen in Tattle but at this is a quiet corner of the internet unlike her public flogging via Twitter.

Reactions: 9
What annoyed me about the DOP situation was her apology. She said she stopped because Dawn was hurt, not because it was a horrible thing to do or because she regretted what she said or how she behaved. So basically she’d still be doing that kind of thing now if she could get away with it. She probably is, just in private WhatsApp groups.

Reactions: 5
Just re-read the Esther Walker Twitter thread. Jesus, it’s just nasty and mean. Sali comes across as being bitchy just for the sake of it and her attempt to somehow dress it up as feminism is bollocks.
This isn't part of the thread but ten or so minutes after and clearly also about Esther.
20200803_145605.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thanks - you've made me realise I need to be clearer.

I think there's a big difference between us mentioning anyone - friends, family, other - who posts false and/or abusive comments about us in the media or social media and us mentioning a friend or family member outside that context (such as the mention yesterday of her friend). I was only thinking of the second type of mention, not where it has been in response to an attack.

I also didn't mean to suggest that there have been no mentions of family or friends since then - clearly there have - but just that there has been an awareness that wasn't there previously and a general agreement that we don't want to go there.

I'll have another go at the wording.
When you say Tattlers have only spoken about what Sali herself has brought to the public forum (to paraphrase), I feel I want to clarify even further , that it is in fact the in-depth articles/opinion pieces she has written about her relationship, family and children Tattlers comment on. Sali is the one choosing to give out far too intimate details on her life (children's health,sex life...). Surely she at the time was hoping her articles would be discussed? Then to have it thrown back at us as she does not like Tattlers opinions? Ugh.

Does that make any sense?

Reactions: 11
This isn’t Sali related but there’s a thread at the moment on Twitter about Stacey Dooley that’s reminding me of the DOP pile on. There are a couple of comments that are just 🙀 I don’t think there’s a SD thread but it’s the type of public bullying vs critique that seems familiar.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I was thinking (as I was reading with it all laid out like that ) what a bloody mess SH made when she went on the attack re Estee Laundry. She really made things escalate regarding the amount of content and commentary on here about her.
That was my feeling too - what a mess! And what an unnecessary mess. Estee Laundry took the post down after SH had a word with them and I'm sure any ripples it caused would have dispersed quickly.

If she hadn't posted the video I think the discussion here would have dwindled away - apart from anything, I think she was beginning to be more open about her cosmetic procedures and clearer about the status of what she was posting on IG. Instead the video made some people (me included) see her in a new light, drove people (me included) here, fuelled - rocket fuelled - the discussion and drew up battle lines.

Up until then, I'd have said SH was a good thing. I had some niggles (e.g. lack of transparency about botox) but I thought she was worth reading, probably agreed more than I disagreed with her opinions (though found her Twitter conversations with friends a bit of a turn-off) and admired her for Beauty Banks.

And going back further - before Estee Laundry - why did she see it as a group of women who hated her? It was clear it was people who'd felt let down. Why focus on and exaggerate the worst of it rather than try to understand what people were saying and why?

I know I've been thinking about it too much lately, but I was even wondering today whether it just comes down to different views of human nature. SH seems to think that some people are just 'vile'. I think that people have a reason for being disgrunted and if they can't address it in an open way it comes out in other ways.

Anyway, I've revised the Wiki to incorporate comments. I've marked additions in red so that the differences are highlighted. I'll turn the red into black in a couple of days. I've made some other small changes - e.g. to correct typos and refer to 'the SH threads' rather than 'the SH forum' but haven't marked these in red. Do let me know if I've missed anything.

@Tesla's Ghost - I've tried adding the links you suggested (at the end of the Wiki) but I don't think the links work. Would you mind having a look and correcting what I've done - and adding any more you think would be useful?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Aude I am with you on that .... it’s like we all see things through the lens of our experiences to an extent, even if we try very hard to step out of ourselves. The majority of people have the ability to empathise and I know if it was my work or anything else that was being criticised regularly i wouldn’t like it - ego isn’t it?
I think with Sali many of the people on this thread (and prior ones) were so genuinely shocked that what she said in that video was so vastly exaggerated and seemed that it was a clear attempt to garner support. I couldn’t believe what I read when I came over here, nothing of what she had read was recognisable to me and (at that time) I was definitely pro Sali. It was the disingenuous video I have always objected to. Like you I had my reservations, thought her manner could be offhand and snooty when she was engaging with her audience. I had no idea how she was on twitter or GTL or the SHB forum because I don’t and didn’t use those platforms. I used to read her pieces for The Pool and remember vividly the maintenance sex article amongst others. I would say I was pretty impartial, but once I realised how fabricated the video was I was pretty pissed off.
I’m actually on here for the general chat and beauty recommendations.
I must be really naive because I didn’t realise SH had work done until I came on here. I remember seeing comments under some insta posts about Botox and Fillers and thinking ‘noooo Sali hasn’t had work done’ . Pretty daft really.
Thanks for the wiki work Aude.

Reactions: 16
@Tesla's Ghost - I've tried adding the links you suggested (at the end of the Wiki) but I don't think the links work. Would you mind having a look and correcting what I've done - and adding any more you think would be useful?
I've just finished the links and didn't save what I did :LOL: 🥴 I'll do it later today, will add just a couple regarding Dawn and that's it. This one basically captures it https://tattle.life/threads/sali-hughes-4-the-keats-of-foundation.3132/page-7#lg=post-517352&slide=0

Reactions: 1
If you were naive, @Badabing101 then so was I, with bells on! I‘d followed her since 2011 (I think) on The Guardian, GTL, SHB and then Twitter. I had no idea about her use of Botox or any other tweakments.

It’s looking more like concealment on her part than naivety on ours.

Reactions: 7
Yep, had no idea she had work on her face until I read these threads. To be fair, it seems to be quite well done, a few of us just thought it was down to scrubbing with a flannel, a smidge of spf, that fancy Icelandic face serum and of course 'genes'.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh dear, it appears that us skidders are guilty of depriving the world of Sali’s memoirs. This is a literary crime, surely? I’m going to hand myself in at the offices of the TLS later on and plead guilty. Anyone want to join me?

304A7CDD-2A2A-43E5-B7AF-86585C51B513.jpeg

“... I’m quite private really.” <bashes out 1000 words on maintenance shags>

The comments were on a post including that old chestnut, “I was a teenage runaway child in London.”

B7D9CA70-FCCF-4C76-A2D2-D017B2FA145F.jpeg

• Haha
She's distorted and flat out lied about her own story. I'm so sad The Pool has gone because I remember some big discrepancies in her homeless story over the years

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Very private people always (never) write about their divorce, home births of their two children, their sticky out ears and ailing sex lives.

(I don't think she has sticky out ears, I just remember her writing about them sometime or other)

I don’t understand what she is saying is being lied about? Seriously. There’s nothing on here I believe that’s not been written about by her already and put in the public domain.

I give up

Reactions: 7
Don’t forget she values her privacy, not that much though :

Revealed her height and weight in new jeans 🙄.
Her wedding pictures and comments were in Vogue.
She showed the hospital room when her son was ill.
Detailed her part in the the funeral arrangements ( and the pearls she bought) of her close friend a few years ago.

Quite private indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.