Sali Hughes #3 Weak dilutes & boiled piss, if only! I invented the aubergine penis emoji.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As it’s been confirmed in tweets that Sali is talking about Tattle and that she’s shared the petition to get the site closed down.

I hope any new people brought here by that video or tweets take the time to actually read through the threads and see for themselves that things aren’t as they’ve been made out to be.

Reactions: 5
What’s GTL?
Also I don’t agree with bullying but reading through Estee Laundry it seems like some people are genuinely trying to talk about the rubbish times they’ve had with companies. To slam Estee Laundry as a place where people put up whatever they like without proof seems a bit unfair. Some people have no choice but to be anonymous.

Reactions: 3
Is it not very odd to be alerted to huge widespread industry bullying in person, maternity discrimination, racism etc… but to then ignore all that and make it about how online comments make you feel? This could have been a moment, she could have united the credibility of the graun with the passion of beauty community to highlight alleged malpractice to genuinely improve working conditions... but nah.

Reactions: 10
“Keep giving each other quotes for each others books and recommending each other's projects.”

Ha!

Someone on this thread was threatening to go to the Telegraph were they? Er, what?

Reactions: 5
So I follow Sali online and have never read her threads. I actually quite liked her as she set up the estrangement FB page which I found useful.

Anyway, her video pointed me to this thread so I could see what people were saying that was so awful. I have a lot of reading to do. But so far it doesn't seem too bad. Critical of general influencer stuff.

BUT, I read that she and her staff are stalking people online? That is absurd and doesn't paint her in a good light at all. A lot of people will find this thread on Google as she named the site in the comments on IG.

Reactions: 8
Hello. Full disclosure I’m a friend of Sali’s, albeit not one of her inner circle. She’s a nice person. Not perfect because nobody is and you might not like her which is your right. However you have to see if you watched that video tonight there was a very distressed and upset woman on the other side of the camera and whatever grievances there are is it really worth seeing somebody that upset? I found it very hard to watch somebody in that much distress.

I understand that these forums can be a bit of gossip or a legitimate way to dissect influencer culture but when the subject of it becomes aware and is made so upset by it doesn’t it stop being ok?

Sali doesn’t know I’ve posted here and I have no intention of saying I have so it isn’t something to add against her. She’s just a human and as somebody who knows the human I wanted to put this into the thread.
Hi!

I have followed Sali for years and liked her and only came onto the thread after seeing her video.

I see this website, the same way I see gossip magazines for celebs. Celeb magazines print far worse "stories" but you don't see celebrities petitioning to get them closed down. They carry on with their life and pay no attention to it as it is just gossip.

Influencers have put themselves on a huge platform and not everyone is going to agree with what they do. I have never fully read Sali's thread but thus far don't see anything too awful.

I feel many influencers are against these forums because they are calling out that they still aren't properly disclosing adverts, sponsorships, etc and they can get into trouble for that.

I have read a few pages of Sali's thread and have read that Sali and her friend/colleague (?) have been stalking people on Linkedin and Facebook. To me, that is crossing boundaries. I don't agree with people adding Sali on her private Facebook accounts but she can't say that bothers her but at the same time be stalking other people.

Reactions: 10
Hello. Full disclosure I’m a friend of Sali’s, albeit not one of her inner circle. She’s a nice person. Not perfect because nobody is and you might not like her which is your right. However you have to see if you watched that video tonight there was a very distressed and upset woman on the other side of the camera and whatever grievances there are is it really worth seeing somebody that upset? I found it very hard to watch somebody in that much distress.

I understand that these forums can be a bit of gossip or a legitimate way to dissect influencer culture but when the subject of it becomes aware and is made so upset by it doesn’t it stop being ok?

Sali doesn’t know I’ve posted here and I have no intention of saying I have so it isn’t something to add against her. She’s just a human and as somebody who knows the human I wanted to put this into the thread.
She said her husband and friends read it and alerted her to it? Seems weird to me like people are purposely seeking this stuff out. No one seems to have actually directly abused her. It’s just chat on a forum.

Reactions: 1
She said her husband and friends read it and alerted her to it? Seems weird to me like people are purposely seeking this stuff out. No one seems to have actually directly abused her. It’s just chat on a forum.
Right. Trolling her would be sending her and her family awful messages on social media and as far as I know, no one here is doing that.

We are allowed to critique people and the way influencers do things.

Why would her husband read it? And how did he find it? If I was an influencer, my husband would tell me to pay no attention to this stuff.

Reactions: 4
It’s got to be Caroline...
Caroline would definitely class herself as part of Sali’s inner circle tho.......

Am I missing something or is she talking about another site??

I haven't seen comments on children, other than when she started to post pics with her kids a comment that it had happened. Didn't see any comments on her actual children.

People in the comments section are eating this up though :(
No. She’s lying to make out that Tattlers are trolls. It’s all bollocks.

I don’t imagine it is pleasant being “talked about behind your back” as it were, no. And of course it is upsetting to see someone distressed.

However Sali’s video seems a) to mischaracterise the comments on this site as “trolling” or somehow directly targeting her and her children, when it’s fairly mild gossip about her and well in the realm of the commentary any media figure invites; and b) to be pretty calculated to deflect attention from her own recent actions.

Sali has been called out repeatedly in the past for her own bullying behaviour so to post a tearful video about how awful it is when people aren’t nice to her on the internet seems disingenuous in the extreme.

Reactions: 17
I have got a question for Sali and her pals:

You object to people thinking you should be sacked at the Guardian (because your work is no longer of the standard it once was), but yet you had no issues in getting Lauren Luke sacked and replacing her yourself. Tell me, how do you reconcile the one with the other? Arguably much of your success has resulted from that crappy unsisterly behaviour of yours, but it’s ok when you benefited from that, right?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think the original post has gone but yes, it's completely understandable to be upset. It isn't understandable or acceptable to mischaracterise what's happened. There has been talk of "abuse" and emphasis on comments about her children and parenting. I still think that she was firefighting because she knows how stupid she was to like the FB photo. She just can't admit she fucked up so has made it about something else and done so very successfully.
Twitter's going to be really interesting from now on. All those supporting Sali won't be slagging anybody off and if they follow IK's guidance, won't be talking about people they don't know at all.

I have got a question for Sali and her pals:

You object to people thinking you should be sacked at the Guardian (because your work is no longer of the standard it once was), but yet you had no issues in getting Lauren Luke sacked and replacing her yourself. Tell me, how do you reconcile the one with the other? Arguably much of your success has resulted from that crappy unsisterly behaviour of yours, but it’s ok when you benefited from that, right?!
Lauren Luke didn't have lots of media pals, I mean she probably didn't even know a 1/4 of Telegraph writers.

Attachments

Sali,

Some of us don't trust your reviews. Some of us think it's questionable you haven't addressed the Estee Laundry reports. Some of us think you should be more upfront about how botox helps you look lovely for your age when writing about skincare. Some of us worry whether you genuinely like/use all the products you endorse because of your close relationship with some brands. etc.

But they're all our opinions, shared on a site you don't need to ever venture to.

It's clear almost everyone here was/is a fan fo yours. We've bought your books. Joined your forums. Read your articles. Bought products you review.

You're an obviously talented and bright beauty journalist. There's a reason people follow and continue to follow you. But not everyone in life is going to like you. I'm sure you've come across people you dislike too?

Reactions: 21
i love that that is in the guardian

Oh, the Twitter army have assembled as well.
I cannot, genuinely, believe these are adults.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.