Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Calling someone 'mental and tragic' for being worried by her actions isn't helping.
I don't like the way she keeps throwing the word 'mental' around. That and 'having a nervo', which was often dropped into conversation by posters on SHB.
Mental health isn't something to make fun of.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
It suits Sali to constantly repeat her own huge exaggerations about what has ever been said on here about her (reference threads 1-12) because it shifts the narrative away from her piss poor Graun column and shady sales pitches.

also: Eric

C691CC6F-DEED-4CC4-9429-D728FF567855.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Disillusioned

VIP Member
James O’Brien’s radio discussion was triggered by the foul abuse directed at Greta Thunberg. Slightly different to a bunch of disillusioned women objecting to the non disclosure of Botox by a beauty writer.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Can also imagine it going down like a lead balloon. "Dear overworked and stressed head teacher, I know you have a million other concerns like budget cuts, oversubscribed classrooms, not enough teachers and Coronavirus, bullying and lord knows what else but your *teachers of children* have been discussing me on a public forum, please notify all parents immediately, yours, a privileged influencer"

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Curio

Chatty Member
I’m wondering why all beauty influencers aren’t sheltering within a Bobbi Brown store. They’re great for when you’re under siege.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Also why in the face of people saying they can't find any soap, does she keep saying it is widely available? Does she think they are lying? Or just looking in the frozen veg section by mistake?

• Haha

Handmaid

Sali, why do you need an opinion and to mouth off about ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING? Why are you so angry and shouty and brittle all the time? Always out for battle. Not every issue, event or cause is better off with your voice attached to it. Is it because you want to show everyone what a fiery, powerful woman is? That you’re so edgy you can’t settle into the status quo? It might be an idea to set yourself a challenge and delete Twitter for the duration of the central Brighton lockdown and see if you feel better, calmer.

Lil bit of advice: a wise woman once said nothing.

• Heart
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She's sneery about minimum wages but it's evident that those on minimum wages (cleaners, supermarket workers, etc) are more invaluable in the crisis and work far harder than some spoilt media influencer luvvie in her Brighton bubble.

Also, some minimum wage workers were recognised officially by the government as "key workers". The same key workers that that ghastly woman Priti Patel previously declared "unskilled"

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Influencers are non-essential also when there's no pandemic

When we come out the other side of this, it will be abundantly clear what's important. And it won't be a red lip
So true. It has emerged clearly from this whole sorry mess how utterly unimportant influencers are. Their's is a parasitical career. It is crazy to think back a few years ago that someone like Zoella sitting on their bed saying 'I like Rimmel lipgloss' as a hobby has spawned a whole 'industry' of women (mainly), not just teen girls, making a lucrative career from just that.

I was watching QVC the other day and it was like watching the History channel, or a curiosity from a bygone era. Presenters increasingly desperate to tell us a £50 leg gel is a good investment. Or £70 for a hair product is a saving. The whole culture of expensive unnecessary things must surely be over, or at least hanging on by its fingertips.

Lemsipmax

She's a serious journalist don't you know! A whole piece on sourdough. Ronan Farrow must be shitting himself.

• Haha

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
a weak dilute of botox
This phrase always brings a smile to my face.

Speaking of diluting, in her new IG video where she showcases the new EL foundation, she said she sometimes mixes it with ANR serum - "if you have it lying around" :LOL: Naturally I have an expensive serum just lying around, as are my heirloom lipsticks tossed all over the place. While I'm draped in brocade reclining on a vintage chaise longue...

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She is a cow, I'm sorry to say. That has also made me really sad.
It made me feel sad too. Still he persisted being pleasant in the face of unrelenting rudeness. Just imagine if Nigella had offered exactly the same comments to her? And I found his fenugreek (methi leaf) tip to thicken sauces a good idea.

People. You are forgetting one extremely important factor. The person daring to join in wasn’t a blue ticker. They were mere pleb.
Snap!

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
The teachers thing is indeed strange. And why shouldn't teachers who have a private life on a forum be allowed to teach for eg chemistry or woodwork? I am fairly confident if my son's teacher was uncovered to be a contributor to a gossip forum, or indeed any other forum (unless it was the dark web obv) I would be baffled as to why anyone thought I needed to know that. It would be like 🤷‍♀️
It is no wierder than being endlessly on Twitter as far as I can see.
Exactly this. She's making out like there's some kind of crime being committed here and it's absolutely ridiculous. The threads about her on this website are not linking to her, not tagging her and are at worst mocking her a bit for not being able to get her stories straight. It's mostly just calling her out for failing to declare interests in companies she's promoting, not being honest about where products and services are from, advertising without declaring and lying about how she has made her face look a certain way. Her huge over reaction to all of it is so bizarre. She claims never to have read any of it, and doesn't seem to have a clue what is actually written on here. Her piss must have evaporated by now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Of course, anyone not fawning or agreeing with Surly Sali will be blocked
Yes I don't think poor Caroline was the *right* kind of health care worker. She sounds sad, scared, tired and not able to see clapping as the marvellous benefit she was supposed to.

• Heart
  • Haha

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Broadly speaking, I’d say Sali is currently winning the competition for being the most obnoxious social media idiot with an opinion she’s convinced we all need to hear .

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I really am glad the clapping helped some key workers but I think a lot of them are just so sad and worried at the moment it is hard to feel jollied along.
My OH is a key worker (he is a welfare officer for asylum seekers in emergency accommodation). He is working every day visiting service users (inc weekends) as so many from his office are self isolating, and when he gets home just sits quietly smoking. Now really was not the time for him to attempt giving up 😂. It is such a sad time really isn't it. I can understand others like him just feeling a quiet despair.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Yes I don't think poor Caroline was the *right* kind of health care worker. She sounds sad, scared, tired and not able to see clapping as the marvellous benefit she was supposed to.
I liked the reply about how in Germany they applaud their healthcare workers by properly funding the system :LOL:

Feel how you feel...............🤦‍♀️ So dismissive
So was the "Ha. I get it ..."

I cannot get over the way she responded to a frontline worker who was expressing her totally valid feelings: “Ha. I get it.” WTF?? No, Sali, you cannot possibly “get it”. None of us who are not on the frontline can. But we can avoid being dismissive dicks.

View attachment 100459
Imagine feeling like this, and a blueticker influencer dismissing you with a "Ha. I get it ..." from their poncy Brighton living room

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Should the names Jo and Lauren mean anything to the person asking? It's like she wrote Madonna and Cher and people should instantly know who she's talking about.
(Of course we know, since we're trolls doing deep research 🤭)

• Haha
Reactions: 20