Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
What is that spat even about? I can't really follow it. Not sure why Sali even gets involved with stuff like that.
What's funny is what the person tweeted afterwards: "Have interacted with her before. Sadly her default mode is paranoid defensive, never ‘oh that’s interesting feedback’. Assumes everyone that @‘s her is a troll. Sad."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I think the elephant in the room that she won't address is her role as an influencer. So many new people here say they were a fan of hers but something happened. Along the lines of 'she recommended something for ages, I trusted her judgement and bought it, only for there to be a new favourite the next week. And this happened again and again'. Now obviously that is her right, nothing wrong with that and we are all adults with free will. But she now represents a new breed of influencer, not the young Youtuber from their bedroom showing you their Primark haul, but an older trusted expert using the same friendly medium. It is a new way of advertising and stealth selling masquerading as something else. The downside for them is that they are open to more scrutiny which has been seen as trolling.
Not explaining myself very well - made sense in my head!

• Heart

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
For years I believed the hairdresser hype, paying 300-odd quid a visit for a full head of highlights, cut (which had to be a blowdry, salon rules). I couldn't really afford it, and couldn't afford to tip - it used to be nigh on impossible to get an appointment, and I never made the link between not tipping and my stylist always being 'busy'...

The cut used to drive me mad because the stylist felt obliged to take the full hour, despite it behind the simplest straight across with a fringe. Between the highlights and the cut, it was a full afternoon. Oh, and they charged for fringe trims.

Stylist always maintained it wasn't possible to get a decent blonde with an all over tint (home or salon), highlights were the only way, obvs because he made the most from highlights.

Final straw came when I was charged £2.50 on top of the 300 for a cup of (instant) coffee.

A lot of deep googling later and I'd taught myself about hair colour shades, ordered some professional colours and started doing it myself... and it actually looks better because I don't get the black roots while I'm waiting for an appointment.

Cost? prob around £6 a time.

• Heart
  • Wow

rosemarina

VIP Member
I think that may be her most hateable quality, being snippy when people are agreeing with her.

Last edited:

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
This was the original tweet...
Screenshot_20200317_114359.jpg

So the guy was just replying saying he also liked curry and mentioning two of his fave dishes.
A normal response to that would surely be "I don't eat meat, but I do love chickpea curry" or something along those lines. Honestly, the way that she replies to people is disgusting. Why does she bother? We get it Sali, you think you're better than people. You are a true bin person, piss boiler sometimes.

It's actually made me really sad. Even when she did a stupid, snippy reply, he apologised and responded with some veggie friendly faves and she was STILL horrible.

There's no polite way of putting this, so I'm just going to say it. What an absolute bitch that woman is :mad:
It's really awful isn't it? I don't know why she treats people so horribly. Makes me feel so uncomfortable and I don't know why her friends don't call her out on it.

Update.

Even after her sarcastic, shit arse reply... he is still being so polite. Maybe Sali could learn something instead of treating people like utter shite.

Screenshot_20200317_120024.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry

RayRayJay

nah, the hypocrisy is just strong in that one
I was looking at her Twitter and I just honestly can't believe her tweets after promoting going out to eat last week. I had to stop reading cause her behaviour mimics gaslighting and makes me very uncomfortable.

She's so fucking rude. People comment on her tweets agreeing with her and she says "that's what I said"

Insufferable human.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
In typical Sali fashion she agrees with the official advice, thinks everyone should adhere to it, but she is the exception. Always the exception. Ditto ASA guidelines. And she can’t fathom how everyone doesn’t understand that she is always a special case.

Even worse she’s tried to spin it so it looks like she was doing the venue (as if it matters whether it’s a pub or restaurant ffs) a favour. No, doing the venue a favour is ordering takeaway, buying a voucher for a meal when it’s safe to do so, and/or even leaving a bundle of gifted products for the minimum wage employees might be a kind gesture, considering it would cost her zip.

By now everyone should know that it almost certain people are contagious before they show symptoms.

It’s extraordinary times, no one knows what the cinnamon toast fuck is going on but when we are all asked to stay away from public venues including pubs, restaurants, theatres where possible - THAT INCLUDES YOU SALI.

In other news I have read 4711 Cologne is 80% alcohol so can be used a hand sanitiser if necessary (I think - let me know if anyone believes otherwise). Just probably quite drying. Also 4160 Tuesday have produced a load of hand sanitiser - see their Instagram for details.

• Heart

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
she will be feeling ultra snippy today of course because of Glastonbury being cancelled. She goes you know, big fan, has been for years and years (2/3)

• Haha
Reactions: 19

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200321_115419.jpg

Haaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahha

• Haha

Bomson

This is my first post on the Sali Hughes thread, even though she's the reason I first ended up browsing Tattle (before she accused us all of a campaign of terror)

I am so, so fed up. Years ago, I really enjoyed her columns and videos. I trusted her. She seemed to genuinely care. I was never a member of her forums, but I was an avid follower. I bought so many things on her recommendation, some were great (Parlux hairdryer) but I started to become increasingly frustrated when I would see her recommend a particular moisturiser as her favourite, uses it all the time, has done for years. I would purchase said product and then a few months later she'd be talking about a different moisturiser and still saying it was the best, her regular, etc.
I trusted her so much that when I needed something I would check what she said. Eyeliner has run out, Google "Sali Hughes eyeliner"
I feel such a fool now and it makes me sad. She's sold out, and she won't even admit it.

On a side note, I have also become increasingly frustrated with the way she behaves on Twitter. The rude, snippy comments. When she started gunning for the Labour Party because of Jeremy Corbyn, I get he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but don't damage the Labour Party in your petty games 😕 She's a horrible hypocrite, being nasty to people and then having a tantrum because we've called her dishonesty out over here.

Urgh, anyway thanks for letting me get that off my chest. It has been weighing on my mind.
I could have written that! I did exactly the same- Googling Sali Hughes + item I needed/wanted as I trusted her opinions and that she was being truthful. It’s all rubbish! And I also feel like a fool for believing it was all from the goodness of her heart, etc. “I’ve been a fan for decades” etc. How is it possible to have used so many things regularly for so many years?!
The mean and snippy Twitter and Insta comments make me dislike her so much more. Just say nothing if you can’t say something politely or kindly.
I’m Im just over her in general!
There’s a post on her insta and someone’s commented OMG your skin looks incredible! I want to reply saying it’s not just the foundation she’s selling, but Botox and fillers are making it look like that.
It’s just all bullshit and I’m tired of it!

Ive just inspired myself to unfollow 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It will be interesting. I suspect that is why there is a ramping up by these influencers to convince us beauty products and experts are still vital. Hence Sali's admitted reluctance to include DIY haircare. Their sponsorships and freebies must be dwindling rapidly, with no sign of recovery any time soon.

Sort of related I was watching QVC the other day and it was almost laughable how increasingly desperate the presenters were to make products relevant eg a £50 leg gel would make 'a wonderful gift for a key or NHS worker' and Sketchers trainers 'perfect for wearing in the house'.
Spending lots of money on non essentials seems like something from a bygone era.
All of this, also that a lot of these fast fashion and beauty behemoths are often owned and run by billionaires, and it’s now plain as day they are sitting on their hands and totally unwilling to dip into their pockets to protect their minimum wage workers on the frontline. Or if they are helping it’s the equivalent of the average person parting with a fiver. Not to the mention the fact these huge companies have been doing everything possible to pay barely any tax, for a long time. Or even operating their underpaid workers pension schemes with huge deficits (like at Topshop). I do hope memories last and we collectively kick this behaviour to the kerb.

When we start to come out the other side of this there’s going to be a lot of pressure from brands and then downstream from influencers about boosting the economy, supporting/creating jobs, not shaming people for how they want to spend their money etc. All well and good but not at the expense of poorly paid workers when the owners have become billionaires off the back of it.

Rant over!

• Heart

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
Pandemic plug in for her free haircut pals
Of course the hairdressers charging extortionate amounts (for those that aren't having #presstreatments which are therefore pushing up the prices for everyone else :mad: ) are shitting themselves and urging people not to dye or cut their own hair. Probably because a lot of people will find out they can do their own hair perfectly well thank you and for a miniscule fraction of the cost. Who the hell is going to fritter away £300 or more on a haircut at Hershesons (sp?) even when this is all over? People will rightfully be timid and wary in case this bloody thing comes back. And a lot of people's finances will have changed for the worse.
And I'm really not sure I am comfortable with this awful time being used as an excuse to advertise her own hairdresser. Again.
Are hairdressers really 'genuinely worried' and having sleepless nights over their clients' hair? I think not.

It's such old fashioned advice - OF COURSE hairdressers don't want clients to trim their fringes or colour their hair.

This stupid 'advice' shows how tied SH is to her freebie cuts and colours. A real beauty journalist would be recommending the best hair cutting youtube guides, how to touch up roots and trim fringes, the best box colours and the pitfalls of using them. How to get gel polish/nails off yourself, how to remove glued on eyelashes. Rather than saying 'don't', like women are dummies and can't be trusted with their own bodies.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The difficulty for the moaners is that in correctly labelling everything as an Ad (or, if they choose to be specific: Ad - paid, Ad - gifted, Ad - press trip, Ad - discount etc) it means firstly admitting to themselves their entire lives online are one giant ad - that they themselves are now the product to be consumed - it’s also laid bare for everyone to see and they can’t kid themselves or anyone it’s anything but the case. Tough times. If they don’t like it they shouldn’t have chosen to commoditise their personalities and their lives.

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Referring to the Primark cleanser: "But it does its job extremely well on a minimum wage". How much more condescending and patronising can she be?
At this present time (as well as the medical profession obviously) the people currently keeping the country going are the supermarket retail staff, putting themselves at massive risk and doing so while on that minimum wage that Sali sneers at.

As for the 'Cathedral City' cheddar, I've got a block of Aldi cheddar in my fridge at the moment and lucky to have any cheese at all with all the shortages.

• Heart

Colin

*massive eyeroll*

Frankly, I don't really care about SH's past Twitter behaviour. Clearly her former victims have done what everyone tells those bing bullied to do which is to go out and make them sick with jealousy by being so fab.

I do care about her continued lies to flog cosmetics that ruin lives. I care that she deletes comments that ask her about how her treatments change her face rather than her magic cream of the month. I care that people are suckered into feeling they aren't good enough and it's all based on a massive lie.

• Heart

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Sali has gone all out to bait Tattle with that exchange with Lauren , she is completely obsessed with this site and in particular ‘Teachers of children’.

She is duplicitous, fabricates the truth to suit her version of events and is ruthless .
I feel like that teacher thing is her trying to threaten someone she believes has been nasty to her. As though she wants them to worry that she will report them, as she's discovered a Tattler is a teacher. How pathetic would that be if she contacted a school to complain that a teacher had discussed in public that Sali had botox and been paid for undeclared advertising?! 😂 Is she going to tell our Mums too?

Grunka lunka doobedy dedotox
You must not ask about weak dilute botox.

Screen grab that 💁🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart