Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wanging this here again because I wouldn’t want Marian Keyes’ tremendous act
of transparency overlooked 🧐

God bless MK. That’s the standard right there.

Anyone trialling and recommending any product to do with skin, ought to permanently have something along those lines in their Twitter bio, Insta bio, column bio. if product performance is enhanced or improved by a foundation or injectable it should be plain as day.

Foundation as in performance improving, not an actual make up foundation. Soz. Is early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It’s all a bit bollocks though isn’t it? We’re applauding someone for telling the truth... it’s become so typical for no declarations or limited facts about work they’ve had done.

MK does have lovely skin and loves beauty, she clearly looks after her skin (has the financial means to) and has had some help with filler and Botox (which I think is done very well). I’m not against any of that stuff, it’s when it looks weird and not mentioned in content from influencers

ETA - not trying to piss on anyone’s chips btw!!! It’s good to highlight where there is honesty and transparency

Reactions: 9
I bet Sali is silently cursing MK for being honest and saying medical intervention has helped her look that great.

Sali should take note🤞.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She was the reason I didn't use eye creams too! I use the Cerave one now and its so good. I had lots of tiny white bumps but they're gone thanks to this! I originally thought it was milia but I read somewhere only surgery/some sort of needly facial can get rid of that (I actually think it was SH who said it somewhere but not 100% sure) so maybe not.

Reactions: 4
It may be a low bar but it’s not happening is it 🤷‍♀️

Also I expect MK can be transparent because I don’t think she has any affiliations or #pressgift #presstrips or any of that old tut, so no one’s going to object to her saying this product is a whizz but my looking phenomenal isn’t all down to this product that’s a whizz.

Reactions: 5
I mean it’s fine to change your opinion, especially if new, genuinely game-changing products come out. But to do a complete volte-face based seemingly on nothing, or simply in order to promote more products, undermines her judgement and/or honesty.

The below was just last year - mid her ‘conversion’ to eye creams. She was previously even more vehement on GTL/SHB about their total and utter uselessness.

393AF8D8-CD02-41D1-A095-3586B206D2C6.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’m in the eye cream camp, but it’s got to be the right one. I like the Chanel one which has got encapsulated things in - it’s very hydrating...

And yes, the bar is very low.

Also, I had it on very good authority that Lisa Eldridge is a very nice person - someone I know has worked with her. I was very pleased to hear that bit of news 😂

Oh Kirsty !

Reactions: 8
I’m in the eye cream camp, but it’s got to be the right one. I like the Chanel one which has got encapsulated things in - it’s very hydrating...

And yes, the bar is very low.

Also, I had it on very good authority that Lisa Eldridge is a very nice person - someone I know has worked with her. I was very pleased to hear that bit of news 😂

Oh Kirsty !
She’s ignoring Kirsty, Kirsty’s not even worthy of a snippy response.

#thinkingofkirsty.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I mean it’s fine to change your opinion, especially if new, genuinely game-changing products come out. But to do a complete volte-face based seemingly on nothing, or simply in order to promote more products, undermines her judgement and/or honesty.

The below was just last year - mid her ‘conversion’ to eye creams. She was previously even more vehement on GTL/SHB about their total and utter uselessness.

View attachment 90049
"I use exactly the same serums and moisturisers around my eyes as on my face and neck" .... yes and what about all the work you have done on your face too Sali? All of the "press treatment" facials and procedures. Ugh. Surely this should be a disclosure on every article in which she give a skincare advice.

Reactions: 5
The eye cream/gel 180° handbrake turn is astonishing. Why on earth would anyone trust anything she says beauty wise if the advice she gives is proven to be nonsense in a short while.
She must be so relieved there are no comments btL these days.

Reactions: 10
Hypothesis - Freaky Friday was engineered to get rid of the comments on her Guardian column as the contradictions & discrepancies were being remarked upon...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
This is my first post on the Sali Hughes thread, even though she's the reason I first ended up browsing Tattle (before she accused us all of a campaign of terror)

I am so, so fed up. Years ago, I really enjoyed her columns and videos. I trusted her. She seemed to genuinely care. I was never a member of her forums, but I was an avid follower. I bought so many things on her recommendation, some were great (Parlux hairdryer) but I started to become increasingly frustrated when I would see her recommend a particular moisturiser as her favourite, uses it all the time, has done for years. I would purchase said product and then a few months later she'd be talking about a different moisturiser and still saying it was the best, her regular, etc.
I trusted her so much that when I needed something I would check what she said. Eyeliner has run out, Google "Sali Hughes eyeliner"
I feel such a fool now and it makes me sad. She's sold out, and she won't even admit it.

On a side note, I have also become increasingly frustrated with the way she behaves on Twitter. The rude, snippy comments. When she started gunning for the Labour Party because of Jeremy Corbyn, I get he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but don't damage the Labour Party in your petty games 😕 She's a horrible hypocrite, being nasty to people and then having a tantrum because we've called her dishonesty out over here.

Urgh, anyway thanks for letting me get that off my chest. It has been weighing on my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
This is my first post on the Sali Hughes thread, even though she's the reason I first ended up browsing Tattle (before she accused us all of a campaign of terror)

I am so, so fed up. Years ago, I really enjoyed her columns and videos. I trusted her. She seemed to genuinely care. I was never a member of her forums, but I was an avid follower. I bought so many things on her recommendation, some were great (Parlux hairdryer) but I started to become increasingly frustrated when I would see her recommend a particular moisturiser as her favourite, uses it all the time, has done for years. I would purchase said product and then a few months later she'd be talking about a different moisturiser and still saying it was the best, her regular, etc.
I trusted her so much that when I needed something I would check what she said. Eyeliner has run out, Google "Sali Hughes eyeliner"
I feel such a fool now and it makes me sad. She's sold out, and she won't even admit it.

On a side note, I have also become increasingly frustrated with the way she behaves on Twitter. The rude, snippy comments. When she started gunning for the Labour Party because of Jeremy Corbyn, I get he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but don't damage the Labour Party in your petty games 😕 She's a horrible hypocrite, being nasty to people and then having a tantrum because we've called her dishonesty out over here.

Urgh, anyway thanks for letting me get that off my chest. It has been weighing on my mind.
I could have written that! I did exactly the same- Googling Sali Hughes + item I needed/wanted as I trusted her opinions and that she was being truthful. It’s all rubbish! And I also feel like a fool for believing it was all from the goodness of her heart, etc. “I’ve been a fan for decades” etc. How is it possible to have used so many things regularly for so many years?!
The mean and snippy Twitter and Insta comments make me dislike her so much more. Just say nothing if you can’t say something politely or kindly.
I’m Im just over her in general!
There’s a post on her insta and someone’s commented OMG your skin looks incredible! I want to reply saying it’s not just the foundation she’s selling, but Botox and fillers are making it look like that.
It’s just all bullshit and I’m tired of it!

Ive just inspired myself to unfollow 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.