Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
- unrelated -
If anyone is very bored during this lockdown I'd love any advice or tips from you progressive and witty beefy-faced skidmarks for my small mental health tech project. I've been thinking about it for a while and am pitching next week (online) for an alumni grant to get it off the ground.
Its about for mental health needs or user niches which are not adequately catered for / or accessibly catered for, and I have a pdf graphic pitch that I can send in dms. (I don't want to post it directly incase it gets slagged off by Sali for the clicks not being satisfying enough) x
Happy to help @zcfthc5 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 1
- unrelated -
If anyone is very bored during this lockdown I'd love any advice or tips from you progressive and witty beefy-faced skidmarks for my small mental health tech project. I've been thinking about it for a while and am pitching next week (online) for an alumni grant to get it off the ground.
Its about for mental health needs or user niches which are not adequately catered for / or accessibly catered for, and I have a pdf graphic pitch that I can send in dms. (I don't want to post it directly incase it gets slagged off by Sali for the clicks not being satisfying enough) x
happy to help if i can

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Of course, anyone not fawning or agreeing with Surly Sali will be blocked
Yes I don't think poor Caroline was the *right* kind of health care worker. She sounds sad, scared, tired and not able to see clapping as the marvellous benefit she was supposed to.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Happy to have a look.
Thank you! - Disillusioned it won't let me start a conversation with you for some reason (think because I accidentally posted a link to you on your profile instead of as a dm? And huge thanks to everyone else too!

That thread title is everything! She'll be seething that there will be evidence of her ignoring NHS advice when her name gets googled.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really am glad the clapping helped some key workers but I think a lot of them are just so sad and worried at the moment it is hard to feel jollied along.
My OH is a key worker (he is a welfare officer for asylum seekers in emergency accommodation). He is working every day visiting service users (inc weekends) as so many from his office are self isolating, and when he gets home just sits quietly smoking. Now really was not the time for him to attempt giving up 😂. It is such a sad time really isn't it. I can understand others like him just feeling a quiet despair.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I really am glad the clapping helped some key workers but I think a lot of them are just so sad and worried at the moment it is hard to feel jollied along.
My OH is a key worker (he is a welfare officer for asylum seekers in emergency accommodation). He is working every day visiting service users (inc weekends) as so many from his office are self isolating, and when he gets home just sits quietly smoking. Now really was not the time for him to attempt giving up 😂. It is such a sad time really isn't it. I can understand others like him just feeling a quiet despair.
I think Carolina on Twitter was partly right, it was more an exercise in giving social media content. Nice, but not overly helpful for the NHS staff.

Key workers needed supplies and people to respect isolation guidelines before they had to be made into rules for those who wilfully ignored them (you know, like going to the pub for dinner). Twitter is an absolute clusterf*uck of blue tick attention seeking. Step away from the keyboard you utterly irrelevant twats.

Mr Jelly Bean, enjoy 🚬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Such a good point. I'm in the same dilemma. My daughter's birthday next week and she has asked for the L' Occitane almond shower oil and body oil (
You can get this from Feel Unique and a few department stores - JL, HoF, Debenhams and M&S all stock it. Good luck with the present buying!

For anyone thinking about doing a big boots shop. Just went on their website (or tried to anyway) and they have a queuing system in place 😣

On the issue of key workers.. my sister is one (frontline) and I'm worried about her.

The cheering and clapping last night was a genuinely lovely gesture and not to take away from that *but* I think being properly resourced and renumerated right now would mean a lot for key workers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
No one shall ever forget while our brave healthcare workers fought to save us dear Sali debated the merits of sourdough on Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Credit where it's due she has done some great work with Beauty Banks, and it's great to see it extended to NHS. Also the Shelter sleepout she did a while ago. I even donated to that! Back when I was pro Sali.

But I think her minions then see any criticism and are like BUT SHE DOES THINGS FOR CHARITY as if it excuses her being extremely obnoxious and nasty on Twitter.

Reactions: 10
Time flies in a pandemic! Or is she churning so much crap on Twitter that it seems that way? I'm sure Carolina and her colleagues are refreshing their SM feeds holding their breaths in excitement that influencers "value" their work.

And in the spirit of Twitter and passing judgement on strangers with a strong superiority vibe - I'd have to be stretched out in a hospital bed with tubes coming from various orifices before I "lend" my dog to anyone. That's too long for a #, I suppose.

I made a pact :)LOL: like we're 12 years old) with other dog owners in my building in case we get the virus and need to be quarantined that we'd walk each other's dogs (with appropriate measures in place), I can't imagine being without my dog for that long unless there's absolutely no other way.

Reactions: 4
Christ, the way the government are bleeting on about the clapping in the update right now totally undermines it, and makes Carolina’s response even more understandable.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.