Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's urging people to go to restaurants? Only right-wing wingnuts are doing that here

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Also why in the face of people saying they can't find any soap, does she keep saying it is widely available? Does she think they are lying? Or just looking in the frozen veg section by mistake?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I hope this crisis prompts influencers to reflect, cut through the beauty-industry propaganda they've internalised, and realise that posting endless selfies and "aspirational" lifestyle nonsense is ultimately just meaningless consumerism designed to deceive and manipulate

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She's urging people to go to restaurants? Only right-wing wingnuts are doing that here
THIS! Amazed that she feels qualified to encourage people to mingle during a pandemic. Influencers have no redeeming qualities! They say ridiculous things to generate content and it is unforgivably irresponsible and selfish. At this point it’s putting people, especially healthcare workers, at risk and under pressure. For what?

Oh wow, I can see her suggesting we order takeaway, or buy a gift voucher for another time, but that is crappy advice from her right now.

Reactions: 7
It really is. It goes against all expert advice. No one should be hanging out in public spaces, regardless of how "healthy" they might be

Reactions: 6
To be fair I think the Indian restaurant tweet is from about a week ago
I'm not referring to the Indian restaurant tweet. It's an IG story she just posted with a photo of a menu and she's written, "At @busbyandwilds. Support your local hospitality industry while you can. Restaurants are empty"

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm not referring to the Indian restaurant tweet. It's an IG story she just posted saying written from the restaurant she is in and saying, "Support your local hospitality industry while you can. Restaurants are empty"
Sorry about that. I hadn't seen it

Reactions: 2
I'm not referring to the Indian restaurant tweet. It's an IG story she just posted with a photo of a menu and she's written, "At @busbyandwilds. Support your local hospitality industry while you can. Restaurants are empty"
Wtaf? I feel so sorry for people in the hospitality industry - just bloody awful - but restaurants are empty for a reason. Completely and utterly irresponsible. Fair enough to go out for a meal but do not promote this as a good idea to be emulated. Is she worried it won't be #gifted if she doesn't advertise it?

Reactions: 7
Northern California has a 24-hour shelter-in-place order. People not to leave home except for doctor's appointments and groceries

I suspect Trump will declare martial law in the next 24-48 hours

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Northern California has a 24-hour shelter-in-place order. People not to leave home except for doctor's appointments and groceries

I suspect Trump will declare martial law in the next 24-48 hours
But does that include restaurants? Because they are empty?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What an idiot. Go out to restaurants? What happened to flattening the curve?!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m just wondering If the woman who kindly collected items for Beauty Banks before Christmas and was told it was too late, with no other options, has still got her stuff. Apparently it’s better to buy direct from Beauty Pie and send to them now anyway 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I don't dare to write them :ROFLMAO: (a bit too dark and not really that funny, other than in my head)
you never know :)

Just catching up with the thread... general consensus from y’all seems to be Sali seemed to be showing her kind side, then did the classic duck up on twitter by coming across as a snippy, snotty meanie which will probably mean that India sets Eric on tattle again.

Am I right?

Also the promoting restaurants thing has really done my head in, I saw it earlier today and was a head in hands moment. I know life goes on blah, blah, blah but I cannot believe PEOPLE ARE GOING ON LIKE NOTHING’S HAPPENING. We have a social responsibility to stop this thing exploding here (it’s probably too late now anyway).

There’s an interesting article on/in Dezeen about the effects of the pandemic by Lu Edelkoort and consumerism, it’s worth a read.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Still there this morning. Unbelievable. It’s against government advice, surely?

53170235-2851-447F-950C-003104787DC3.jpeg

This is not the way to “support” local businesses right now.

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.