Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disgruntled

Another new member here - I felt compelled to join after the latest freebie, I mean, “gifted item” - the car seat. That just made my blood boil! The free Bugaboo was one thing (says the woman using a 13yo third-hand buggy!) but the car seat too?! I just wrote a long rant to the car seat company about their choice of freebie recipient... Let’s see if I get a response!

Hello there. It is not often that I feel compelled to write to a company, but your collaboration with rvk_loves has really hit a nerve. I understand that popular instagrammers such as herself provide you with great publicity, but I can’t help but feel aggrieved. This woman has previously publicly bragged on social media (her former twitter account) about how much her husband earns. They afford to go on monthly exotic holidays. They have a huge house and fancy cars. They can afford to pay for a baby’s car seat. Yet here she is showing off her ‘gifted’ car seat on her stories, to go along with her ‘gifted’ buggy system and goodness knows how many other freebies this couple (who can afford to buy their own!) have blagged. It aggrieves me that I (along with countless other new parents) scrimped and saved for car seats and other baby essentials, yet this privileged and well-off young woman got hers for free. Yes, I know the publicity for you must be wonderful, but perhaps you could consider encouraging these so-called influencers to donate their gifts to a baby bank or women’s refuge or other equally more worthy new parent? Just a thought, as I know I am not the only person feeling both saddened and aggrieved at the greediness of these privileged (and somewhat undeserving!) instagrammers.
Kind regards.

Reactions: 21

Ellabella

VIP Member
Well that was a quick reply. Good work Bloom and Wild:

My name is Daisy and I work on the Marketing team here at Bloom & Wild. I wanted to get in touch and thank you for taking the time to feedback, and for including the screenshot (which was helpful and shocking).

As of today we've launched a campaign with an agency that help us find influencers that they feel will be good advocates for our brand, however it's very clear from the screenshot you included that this is very much not the case with this one. I hope it goes without saying that we only want to work with influencers who are genuine fans of ours. We have followed up with our agency for them to address.

I'm really sorry that you feel let down by us working with them, I am disappointed by this too but it was a genuine oversight and one I hope we will avoid in the future, but unfortunately mistakes like these do sometimes happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
IMG_3335.jpg

This cracked me up, #presstrip
'Which publication will you be writing it up for'... my blog, right between the article about how to bake a cake out of a packet mix and the one about how to put a picture in a frame. Hard hitting press 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16

LemonLiz

New here. Previously ghosting. She's really chapped my hide today. I noticed she has entered into the Cox & Cox instagram competition to win two planter pots by tagging her brother. Christ on a wheel, give some poor insta paupers a chance of winning something you get your greedy little mitts on for free...

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Gossipqueen30

Chatty Member
That is the grabbiest thing I ever heard! And it demonstrates perfectly and almost beautifully her complete lack of awareness of her privilege!
I don’t even bother entering these give aways now. I swear the companies look at who has entered, and then select a ‘winner’ with a high following and a public profile who are likely to share the product with “oh my gosh look what I won!” and generate even more publicity for them. They’re not bothered in small fry private accounts like mine with less than 500 followers!

Reactions: 13

Gill247

I didn’t think she could irritate me more - but her last 2 stories have really pissed me off!!

#keepingitreal - she can’t be serious? Complaining about uncomfortable chairs and bad airport food while on yet another holiday. Then to say she will probably still get hate - so she must be aware how bloody annoying she is?! Talk about first world problems!!

And then she has the audacity to say she is going on maternity LEAVE - leave from what??? You don’t have a job!!!! You haven’t worked a day in your life!! Aghhhh, it’s such an insult to other Mums who actually work for a living and go on genuine maternity leave.

#ihavethisthingwithbeingacompletetwat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
That nightie though, and a WHITE dressing gown!!! 😂 Shit girl, you do know how the baby comes out right??

Everyone I know, myself included, was hobbling round in black joggers and giant black pants for a fortnight!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

fmmac

👍🏻 Too true.

I (and millions of others) dragged my sorry pregnant ass to work, communing on public transport, up until the day of my due date because the bills won't pay themselves.
🙌 She grates on me so much! At least you had a seat Rebecca! Mid January 2017 I was 38 weeks pregnant and it was my last week at work. I was big, tired, sore and heavy and had to stand an hour and 10 mins home on a packed train as no fucker would let me have a seat.

You don't have a hard life Rebecca and that's fine. Just be gracious enough to acknowledge it.

Reactions: 11

Ellabella

VIP Member
Mental health is not feeling low for a weeks then solved by getting a promotion. She is so naive, so un-worldly, so fucking ignorant.

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
I honestly wonder how she's going to feel in 10 years time when she looks back on all this.

I would be very ashamed of myself for compromising so many important private moments as an excuse to squeeze in another ad. Her first pregnancy, her first child's nursery, finding out her baby's gender, 'babymoon' (x5?), her baby shower... all just another paid ad campaign.
That woman would sell her soul.

Absolutely every significant moment in her life, house, baby, wedding, is all just staged for the gram. It all just looks so force and empty and insincere.

It doesn't make me jealous at all, it makes me wonder how someone so well off can be so tacky and classless and greedy.

• Heart

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
People's attitudes are slowly starting to change toward completely over the top consumerism.

Massively excessive travel, filling her huge house with an obscene amount of clothes and things, more than anyone could ever need. It's all becoming a huge turn off, and rightly so.

It comes across as 'I can afford it so I'll do as I please'. Many other people can afford it too, but chose to make more considered and geeen choices. She just comes across as greedy and selfish. 🤢

And I still can't understand how someone so well travelled can be so bland and uncultured, and tweet such closed minded and casually racist things. It baffles me!

Missmarie

A very good friend of mine is a journalist and gets so furious when these people call a freebie a #presstrip .... it’s not press you are not press or a trained journalist

Hashtagblessed

She always falls so flat. That spread is uninspiring and half-arsed. The line ‘my favourite store for all things hosting’ or whatever drivel she said is total BS. For her birthdays in previous years she’s used garlands and decorations from a totally different place. Hobbycraft just doesn’t fit with her aesthetic to me, it’s such a poor fit and clearly just for the £££.

Also ‘20 of my closest girls’ 😂😂

I hope anybody who may also be expecting a baby and sees this whole charade won’t feel like that’s what they should be doing too. It’s just so shit and false.

Plus the waste of the plastic balloons, cake toppers, cups, plates, napkins etc. is just gross. Use the shit you already have instead of shoehorning in these crap products for a HUGE business that doesn’t need any more exposure.

For one use your ‘influence’ for good, or better yet, don’t use it for anything.

Meringue22

VIP Member
Her blog isn’t that well written! No major publication would print that drivel! She should do herself, her unborn child and the rest of us a favour and retire!
It’s painful to read. She writes awfully long sentences which really don’t have the right punctuation and you lose track of what she started going on about in the first place and by the time you’ve read it you’re out of breath.
See what I did there? 😂

• Haha