Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
Is it just me who thought it was weird when she said she put a white blanket over the wooden desk because “working on a white surface is more productive” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

lemonlime

VIP Member
Her sister is insufferable man, I used to think she was ok until I saw the video she posted where her and her mates are talking about how they want to take rubys virginity 🤮 I just found it so disrespectful. Tried to give her another go with her latest covid video but I ended up skipping through it bc I actually just found it cringe, honestly people say ruby is immature but shes actually very mature compared to her sister.
Think I threw up in my mouth a little. I always found her obnoxious but that's beyond crass. Acting like some back alley crackhead while living in her luscious rich country house... I gotta laugh. The only reason she has a semi-following is because she featured Ruby in her videos and still the only videos that actually get views are the ones with Ruby in them. There is banter and there is disrespect. I wonder if Ruby saw that video.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Magallanes

in yesterday's video she shows that she's the one who edits her videos, or at least she edited her decluttering video!
no offence to martha, but if she would edit ruby's videos they would be full of subliminal messages referencing memes 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

opal73

VIP Member
I stopped watching her a while ago, didn’t know about the new exercise and food issues, that is concerning. 5 hours of exercise is ridiculous, that’s the level of a professional athlete! Ruby seems like she is struggling a lot with her identity. She is definitely performative. I feel for the 14 year olds that watch her and feel the urge to study 9-14 hours and schedule every minute of their day in order to be “productive” and half the stuff she does isn’t even that productive - listmaking, writing down basic reminders, making notes of her notes, ect. Had to laugh at her reading a book while brushing her teeth at the same time, girl you can relax and just let your mind wander for two minutes, not everything has to be filled with something.

et5

When I see videos like 11 hour study day it honestly just makes me think these people have poor time management? I understand doing it for your school exams when you have loads of subjects but I did an English degree like Ruby (and got a first) and I think I'd genuinely find it hard to fill 11 hours with work unless I had a big assignment due or an exam soon. I studied a lot but also had a part time job, saw friends etc. The 11 hour study day doesn't make much sense to me on an English degree as there's lots of reading but barely any class time and probably not as much continuous assessment as other subjects.

Ruby seems to spend a lot of time making lists/timetables and making everything into work like printing out photos for her wall. Maybe she's just being super organised but I'm an organised person too and I just don't get it!

kingdomhearts

I could imagine Ruby being that weirdo, annoying housemate who expects everyone to live by her expectations otherwise she leaves passive aggressive post it notes on the fridge. 😂

• Haha

SilentSue

My post was deleted too! I guess we ought to just stick to the bones of the matter, otherwise it’s going to look like a skeleton thread with all the deletions...

• Haha

opal73

VIP Member
So she disinfects everything in her room that no one has been in for 6 months but goes to a bookstore and touches a bunch of books she didn’t buy. She says she hasn’t been in a shop for the entirety of lockdown and says she’s going to mainly be using food orders to avoid having to go into the shops yet seems fine going to a café with her friends. Like how is that any different than going to get food? The illogic of it.🤦‍♀️

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Hey all! Long time lurker here. I often see you post about Ruby's private schooling and I was wondering if you would genuinely judge / hold it against someone if they went through private education? For example, if someone acted completely 'normal' (whatever that means) and was aware of their privilege, yet still went to private school, would you hold it against them?
No, of course not, you can’t help who you’re born to. I’m talking about people who went to private school who are either totally blind to their privilege or people who are just openly ignorant and take pride in being posh / wont associate with people who they perceive as lower than them. Unfortunately this is the majority of private school people I’ve met so far (thats just my experience 🤷‍♀️ and I know you meet idiots from all walks of life) but I have met a couple of nice ones.

3calico3

VIP Member
I would imagine that Ruby is a quantity over quality kind of student - writing about every facet of every relevant area to an essay title (to show how much she's read), only for the essay to have no coherent line of reasoning or depth of inquiry.

Only last year she commented on being 2000 or so words over a word limit. At that point, it would be easier to scrap that essay completely and write a new one, rather than attempt to cut it down. If you cull so much from an essay like that, the stuff you leave in will be very brief, and essentially a list of unrelated points. She made it sound like she did it for fun, but it's neither productive (when are you going to use the content of that particular essay again?) nor helpful for training yourself to be concise and clear. Also, the marker isn't going to know that your original draft was 3000 words, so it's not going to impress them. I wonder if it's a tactic to boast to her peers and make them feel more inadequate?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I’m confused as to why shes beaming with joy at Biden winning the US elections and saying she ran round the house screaming when she heard the news. I mean yeah its certainly good news that Trump wont be president anymore, but I find her reaction to it a bit over enthusiastic considering Biden was VP of a government who ordered over 26,000 drone strikes on Iraq and Syria... like plz

• Heart

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
I just don’t understand, ruby was only living with one other person not in halls with lots of students. And I imagine there’s not much face to face teaching so the risk of getting covid would be really low especially as she’s in a tier 1 area. I think it’s more about wanting the comfort of home and being scared of being home alone. But at some point you do have to grow up and get over these things, I’m at uni on my own and I’m a year younger than ruby. I want to go home but realistically I’ve got to stay because I’ve already paid rent. I also think her parents do encourage her in this childish behaviour

• Sad

figgypud

Chatty Member
"Year Seven rucksack" is just a bit of a joke I think, because Year Sevens always tend to bring every single thing they might potentially need to school and don't make use of their lockers so they just haul everything around all day. We had the same joke when I was at school.

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
I don't see the harm in ruby dressing up. To me, it's no different than cosplay or doing fancy dress. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what she's doing, it's only a bit of fun.

I personally really like her lookbooks. It doesn't matter how old she is! Who says having fun and playing dress up has a age limit?!

• Heart

poollounger

This first outfit looks so nice on her! Still fits her style but looks like something any normal 20 year old would wear

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Her sister is insufferable man, I used to think she was ok until I saw the video she posted where her and her mates are talking about how they want to take rubys virginity 🤮 I just found it so disrespectful. Tried to give her another go with her latest covid video but I ended up skipping through it bc I actually just found it cringe, honestly people say ruby is immature but shes actually very mature compared to her sister.

• Sick

newtoyou

VIP Member
Another vote for this one!!

I genuinely don't think Ruby is that organised at all. At least she isn't with her youtube. I suppose she could be super-organised and film a load of videos in advance that are just ready to go, but then that ends up making her look MORE disorganised because they're old content (like her uni routines when she's been moved home a good few weeks now). And it's totally fine if she wants to be mega-organised like this and have loads of videos ready to go, but she just needs to be mindful of what content she puts out when, like not doing any more uni vlogs when she left uni. Things like book reviews, or study with mes, or things like that are probably worth having "ready to go" - but not routines etc that are no longer relevant :)

I think she gets really into what she’s studying and forgets everything else 😅 I’ve said this before but I’m part of her book club on Facebook and she’s just kind of abandoned the group. Like she said we’d all do a zoom call to discuss the books but nothing happened. She hasn’t been on there for months and the moderators run it now cos they can’t get in touch with her.

• Wow
  • Haha

marypoppinsyall

Yes I've wondered this too. I appreciate people can be private, but she's never even mentioned thinking anyone is cute/attractive.

Again, maybe just cus I was a horny mess as a young adult, but I find the outward asexual vibe more than a little odd!

Like Eve Cornwell never mentioned her relationships, but we never thought she wasn't having them privately.
Eve Cornwell actually recently came out as queer and announced she has a girlfriend on twitter. Happy for her that she feels comfortable sharing that now.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

3calico3

VIP Member
I would be interested to see what she is like in seminars.
I would put money on her being the type of student who asks excessive amounts of questions, doesn't let anyone get a word in edge-wise, and constantly thinks her insights are the most valuable.

• Haha
Reactions: 15