Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lemonlime

VIP Member
I think she uses go pro to vlogband I wish she would switch to a normal camera, that lens is giving me motion sickness.

ECH

VIP Member
Wow, I literally had no idea private schools were that expensive jesus christ. It just seems insane to pay that much money to get something that you could literally have for free 🤣 do her parents pay her uni fees as well?
She's probably got a student loan for tuition and pays for her own living costs with YouTube money that's topped up by her parents.

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
She’s always sounded like she’s faking an Emma Watson/Hermione accent to me because she does sound so different from the rest of her family. It’s weird, like she’s been doing it so many years her voice just got stuck on it. I can’t imagine her enunciating that way as a little kid.
That’s because she is, look back at her first videos all of them were “What Hermoine would be...” It’s creepy

All the close-ups of her hands in her dark academia vid are downright frightening. Girl needs some moisturiser! It even looked like she had an open scab at one point. Are her hands that dry because of all her obsessive hand washing?
She has OCD tendencies - she’s addressed it before but needs serious help :(

tsuyu

Chatty Member
She makes a lot of money through sponsorship and ads at the moment doesn't she? Especially educational content, revision content and things like that. I think she was promoting something for A levels and GCSEs a little while ago, even though she's three years into her uni experience.

Thing is, when she finishes uni, a lot of these companies won't want to work with her anymore because she won't be relevant because she wont be studying. I think she'll definitely do a masters, but after that she'll have to get a 'real job'. Her writing, from the small snippet I read (like the poster above) was just...really bad. The reviews weren't good either, and yeah she has an audience atm that will probably buy anything she writes but that won't last forever

Also just wondering is it normal for authors to edit books after they've been release and change things? That doesn't seem very professional to me? I don't work in publishing or know anything about it but I read a lot and I personally wouldn't buy from an author I knew changed the story up after it had been released.

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
Sorry it was a typo
Yes it can survive but this doesn’t make it a possible transmission route.
Yes the virus can be on the packaging but this doesn’t mean you’ll be infected.
(I have a bio related background)
All in all There are many things criticisable about Ruby but touching stuff at a store is not one of them.
Plus , she is a germaphobe

Sorry I couldn’t quote the post
Sorry but how do you think that covid is passed on?? obviously it is air borne but if it was just transmitted in the air then people wouldn’t be bothered all the time about washing hands and surfaces.

newtoyou

VIP Member
£16 + £3 postage, so £19 all told.

I think when she brought it up a while back, she avoided the question a bit by saying she doesn't actually use Facebook much anyway, so that's why she forgets about it. I wonder whether she would answer the same way now if people asked her. Maybe she hopes that everyone else has forgotten it too?

Edit: When I clicked on the link to her book club, it brings up a message that says "This content isn't available at the moment. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted." So no new members can join, or has it been deleted?
Not sure why that happened - try searching for the name of the group in Facebook? It’s definitely still there and pretty active. There’s multiple posts on there every day. Usually people looking for book recommendations. Occasionally someone will do a post saying they’re disappointed Ruby isn’t involved in the group and they usually get piled on.

Does anyone know what happened to the podcast Ruby was doing with Jack, Jade and Eve? Have any of them ever addressed the fact they don't seem to be doing it anymore? Ruby seems quite close with Jade but I'm not convinced Jack and Eve would have much to do with her if it wasn't for the fact they are all with the same management. As in, they would never have been friends if they had met at university outside of YouTube... just a vibe I get.
I'm not sure about the podcast, but in terms of friendships, that happens quite a lot in life. I have many friends I would never have been close with at school or uni due to our differing personalities but I met them that I met doing other activities and we're all really close. There are many friendships that form unexpectedly though situations like that and, though probably not the closet friends, they all do appear to have a good friendship with each other.

c505

I think some of you are reading into her too much. She's being a bit obsessive about exercising but she's obsessive about everything, that's just her personality tbh. I don't think she has an ED, she looks healthy to me. If she was overexercising and undereating so much she would have lost a significant amount of weight but she hasn't.

xekatinaz

The virus can survive on surfaces outside the body for hours, granted its not the most likely way of transmission but its possible.
Sure it can’t survive but packaging / products are the most unlikely transmission route.
They did test this hypothesis.
People panicking and scientific basis don’t always mix.

Unless of course you’re planing to lick the book cover