Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the description, it sounds like she doesn't plan to go back this academic year (as she said she was changing her 'permanent' address to home).

Also, she has so much STUFF at university. Lots of knick-knacks and clutter. I understand wanting to put that personal touch on a room, but does she really need so many soft furnishings, and water colour paints? Student accommodation is meant to be pretty transient, so it's not like she permanently rents/owns the property. Having so much stuff just increases the hassle when you have to move/move out, which students do every year.
I have lots of personal Knick knacks and stuff at uni but not half as much as Ruby - there is minimal room in university rooms and if you go home for holidays back to your old room you don’t want to have taken everything to uni. The thing that got me was that she kept her uni books in the wardrobe. I know she didn’t have a bookcase but she did have desk drawers - it’s not really productive if your books are in the top part of the wardrobe??

Reactions: 4
her nails just bug me so much 🤢 Why can’t she take 1 minute to take the polish off

i usually watch Ruby's videos while i'm studying or something as background noise. however, i recently have not been tuning into them, as it just makes it feel really weird that she isn't actually at uni anymore, and that her videos are so old. it feels so much better to study with a recent background video, or even just to watch a recent one. im not sure if im making any sense, but with her uploading videos where she isn't even in that part of the country anymore confuses me. i watch a girl on youtube who has a second channel for 'older' vlogs which did not get uploading on time or for another reason. i also find that if i was ruby, and i kept uploading old vlogs i would get annoyed by how un-organised the channel would be, due to videos being at different times.

Her relationship with her roommate is a bit odd to me. I can't decide if Ruby has a big crush on her or if she secretly hates her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ehh, I don't think Ruby has a crush on her friend. I just think she's so used to her friends back home being her cousins she's a little awkward around people who aren't family?

Reactions: 10
I’ve always read Ruby as being quite fake and two faced, I think it comes across quite clearly when she does her whole fake cutesy smiling to the camera, pulling her pigtails.

it was also really clear when she was in her second year at university (first year of English Literature) and she recorded her fuming at the noise her housemates were making as they chatted.

I remember saying on GG that her scowl and expression were reminiscent of a petulant child, not a 19 year old second year university student

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve always read Ruby as being quite fake and two faced, I think it comes across quite clearly when she does her whole fake cutesy smiling to the camera, pulling her pigtails.

it was also really clear when she was in her second year at university (first year of English Literature) and she recorded her fuming at the noise her housemates were making as they chatted.

I remember saying on GG that her scowl and expression were reminiscent of a petulant child, not a 19 year old second year university student
Do you know the video? I must have missed that!

Do you know the video? I must have missed that!
I’m just on my phone so not able to look properly, but I could’ve sworn it was at the end of her “University Move In Vlog”
She got a bit of criticism for it so maybe she removed that section (I think that’s possible to do on YT). Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Basically she showed herself getting ready for an early night, and then at the end of the video snapped to a clip of her looking angrily at the noise of her flat mates talking and laughing (it wasn’t too loud, and dare I say if she’d politely asked they would’ve kept the noise down) saying “will you listen to THAT”

she was just like a petulant spoiled child

I’m just on my phone so not able to look properly, but I could’ve sworn it was at the end of her “University Move In Vlog”
She got a bit of criticism for it so maybe she removed that section (I think that’s possible to do on YT). Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Basically she showed herself getting ready for an early night, and then at the end of the video snapped to a clip of her looking angrily at the noise of her flat mates talking and laughing (it wasn’t too loud, and dare I say if she’d politely asked they would’ve kept the noise down) saying “will you listen to THAT”

she was just like a petulant spoiled child
it's still up!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I could imagine Ruby being that weirdo, annoying housemate who expects everyone to live by her expectations otherwise she leaves passive aggressive post it notes on the fridge. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just watched that video where she’s mad about noise but that’s what it’s like in student flats!! And she said it was only 10:30 - that’s not really awful, in my halls they say noise after 11 is not acceptable. It just sounded like her flat mates were talking (as is expected in uni flats!!) she should try living in my flat where 2 of the lads started screaming at each other at 3am and had to call security😂

Reactions: 9
I was wondering about her flatmates from last year and if she was still friendly with them. I'm going to guess no! 😂 I think Ruby would be difficult to live with if you were a non study obsessed, average 19 year old.

Reactions: 11
Weren’t her flat mates all girls though? I wonder if it was right outside her window. I can’t imagine her calling out her actual housemates on camera 😂 (the molly beauty spectrum did).

Agree it’s a bit strange she’s still posting uni vids

Reactions: 3
I was wondering about her flatmates from last year and if she was still friendly with them. I'm going to guess no! 😂 I think Ruby would be difficult to live with if you were a non study obsessed, average 19 year old.
To be fair, who she shared with last year might have all been doing a placement year this year (not sure if thats still a thing with covid??). I know from personal experience as I had to rent with a bunch of random people in my third year as all of my housemates in 2nd year went on to do a placement leaving me alone :(

I do think she should address her moving back home in a video rather than the description though, I'm sure a lot of people don't read the description and it feels so weird watching out of date material which she's marketed as current

Do we know who she lived with last year? For some reason I thought it was Blakeney and Sasha.

Reactions: 1
Her hands always look so stubby to me - something about them is odd. I’ve always thought it
It's a genetic trait, I believe it's called stub thumbs. It causes the tip and nail of the fingers/thumbs to be short and wide.

Reactions: 1
I just watched that video where she’s mad about noise but that’s what it’s like in student flats!! And she said it was only 10:30 - that’s not really awful, in my halls they say noise after 11 is not acceptable. It just sounded like her flat mates were talking (as is expected in uni flats!!) she should try living in my flat where 2 of the lads started screaming at each other at 3am and had to call security😂

Omg I lived next to a pair of guys at uni and one of them would always forget their keys and literally would bang on the door (sometimes not even his own lol) at 2am. #unilife

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg I lived next to a pair of guys and one of them would always forget their keys and literally would bang on the door (sometimes not even his own lol) at 2am. #unilife
Ha ha. My first year halls bedroom was right next to the campus taxi rank, about 10 yards away... there was always a hum of taxi engines running all night... and students wobbling back to their flats once they got dropped off. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.