Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
I'm all for calling people out but I feel like some people just get way too invested to the point that it's concerning.

Reading that made me feel so uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

jerihoam

This is probably a niche problem but I'm Ruby's age (just finished 2nd yr) at Exeter and it annoys me so much when she does sponsored content for the university. I do (actually) like the uni, but I have criticisms of it too, and I don't think it's fair that all she ever does is talk glowingly about it. Also,it annoys me that's she's our exemplar student... I'm embarrassed that people think that's what Exeter students are like (we're normal lol I promise)

Last edited:

whatshesaid123

Chatty Member
I’m sorry but this is actually nuts. Who schedules in something relaxing like watching YouTube? That just defeats the whole purpose of relaxing if you’re more bothered about ticking something off a list. Also, does she just never watch a film or binge watch a TV series?
I have tried schedules like this before and it’s not possible to do. If you go over by 10 mins it’s really stressful that the timetable is ruined. It’s much better to have a general idea of what you are going to do like 2 hours in a morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and stopping working at a certain time. Timetabling every minute of your life is not healthy and doesn’t allow for any down time that isn’t strictly scheduled

• Heart

tsuyu

Chatty Member
This poster is so weird, writing long ass bully posts about Ruby!
If its the poster I'm thinking about (username begins with W) they've been obsessed with her for YEARS, her essays on Ruby are tiring to read and just downright rude and uncalled for

I'm pretty sure in the first thread about Ruby, she was calling her chubby and getting really rude about her weight! Ruby has never ever been chubby, and I wouldn't be surprised if these hurtful comments about her weight has contributed to Ruby's weird eating habits today, as I'm certain she reads these sites.
1605038158563.png

• Sad
  • Angry

CynicalV

Ruby: Who else loves pretending they live in the 19th century?
Erm... nobody love because we don't romanticise cholera

• Haha

n8459

Chatty Member
I’ve always read Ruby as being quite fake and two faced, I think it comes across quite clearly when she does her whole fake cutesy smiling to the camera, pulling her pigtails.

it was also really clear when she was in her second year at university (first year of English Literature) and she recorded her fuming at the noise her housemates were making as they chatted.

I remember saying on GG that her scowl and expression were reminiscent of a petulant child, not a 19 year old second year university student

• Heart
  • Haha

kingdomhearts

Why’s she showing a room tour for a place she moved out weeks ago? It bugs me how out of date her videos are. I’m sure her last vlog included clips of Trump having COVID which happened like 1-2 months ago.

lemonlime

VIP Member
Why did Ruby feel the need to set up alarms every few hours during the US election night? I found that a bit odd. I'd maybe expect that from my American friends whose basic rights would be endangered by a possible win by Trump. I know Ruby follows the news regularly but she would find out the result with the rest of the world anyway; she's neither a journalist who needs to be updated immediately nor a statesperson whose job depends on the outcome. I think she's stressing herself out for the sake of appearing interested and busy sometimes, with no tangible results.

Reactions: 14

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I don’t think ruby is that clued up on politics to be honest. She’s repeating Boris “hands face space” slogan and getting paid when everyone already knows it. It wouldn’t shock me if her family were tories, they seem to be very middle class and I think Ruby went to private school?? But the problem is that she’s then posting about the free school meals controversy while still promoting the government’s covid rules and getting paid!!
I would assume they’re tories bc I always see them reading the telegraph everytime they feature in any of her morning routine videos.
But does anyone remember when she had to refilm that what I got for xmas video coz her cousin was in the background wearing a MAGA hat and T shirt that said build the wall or something?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick

tsuyu

Chatty Member
View attachment 305782
Does anyone know where the Reddit post is?
Oh! I remember this, let me try and find it, I think it was a post someone had written either ranting or asking for advice about a housemate who suspiciously shared a lot of similarities to Ruby

Okay so I think this is the actual post but it's been removed
Someone ove on GG managed to copy it before it got removed though
I (20f) study in the UK. I'm in my 2nd year and I share a flat with 3 other girls, all 19/20. If you're not from the UK, unis here start now-ish, and the 1st week in which everyone moves into uni is called 'freshers', most people party & get drunk, etc. It's basically a get to know people week, or a catch up with people week.

2 of my roommates are really nice and we get on well. We've spent freshers week mostly chilling in the flat, drinking and watching Netflix. We went out 2 nights clubbing, but both nights we crashed at a friends house to avoid causing commotion in the halls. The point is, we've been mostly quiet and respectful of others as we know that not everyone is into it. We have been drinking and staying up late chatting, but no loud music or anything.

Our other roommate is not so nice. She was well-known on campus last year because she has a small social media following (think about 8k) and is a bit different to most 20 year olds. She dresses very old fashioned, holds very old fashioned values (does not drink, no boys in the flat, no staying up past 10pm, locks herself in her room most of the time) and is basically very judgemental. When I was unpacking the food I brought to uni in the kitchen, she was fine with me until she saw a bottle of vodka, before shutting off and going to her room. She also acts very childish.

The first full day, she came and said "I'm vegan, so don't ever touch my stuff". I'm vegan too, so I understand the rule, but the way she said it was very rude. That night, we were drinking and watching Friends, it was 11pm, she came in and asked us to turn the TV off because she was trying to sleep. We agreed, because we didn't want to fight. The next day, one of our friends showed us her IG story, in which she recorded the noise we were making and shook her head, rolled her eyes. It was just really pathetic. I was pissed off with her, but still just didn't want a fight.

The final straw was that, when walking past her room, her door was open and on the floor I could see she had a big box of snacks out that she was keeping in there. There were open packets of biscuits, and bread products. I was shook thinking about the mice that could come in, our flats have had a mice issue before. I knocked on her door and said that she should move that into the kitchen, and she said "I can do what I want in my own home, thank you." and shut the door. I was mad. I opened her door and said "you can do what you want, but we can't stay up past 11pm in our own house? maybe if you can't stand adults, you should live on your own." She slammed the door.

I think she is going to be a problem. Because she is well known, I know she lived alone last year so I don't get why she'd choose to move in with people she doesn't know if she is banking on people being like her. I feel like an asshole because, even though I think she's wrong too, I could have been more accommodating. Maybe we could have tried to hang out with her or something. AITA?

• Wow
  • Heart

3calico3

VIP Member
Ruby seems to spend a lot of time making lists/timetables and making everything into work like printing out photos for her wall. Maybe she's just being super organised but I'm an organised person too and I just don't get it!
I noticed in her 11 hour study video that she was writing and rewriting notes on a novel/article she was reading (so once on her kindle, then again on notion). It's all busywork used to persuade yourself that you are indeed being productive, even when you aren't doing anything truly useful or meaningful. Why make one set of notes when you can make an identical copy on another device?

My friends who have PhDs say they always aim for about 5 'active' hours each day where they're working. Obviously it ebbs and flows, but that's what they say is a good balance for having a life and getting work done. Obviously this isn't in one go as well but is broken up with trips to the gym etc. Ruby is just setting herself up for failure by doing so much.
I can attest to this. While it can be useful in some situations to count the number of answers that you work, a lot of time it can encourage unhealthy habits or obsessions which aren't necessary. Studying at 6:45am just so that you can try to hit 11 hours study that day is just excessive.

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I think some of you are reading into her too much. She's being a bit obsessive about exercising but she's obsessive about everything, that's just her personality tbh. I don't think she has an ED, she looks healthy to me. If she was overexercising and undereating so much she would have lost a significant amount of weight but she hasn't.
The fact that someone has to ‘look’ like they have an ED is such a toxic mindset and the reason lots of people let their EDs spiral before they seek help - because others have this view that you have to have lost significant amounts of weight and be underweight to have an issue.

Whether it’s linked to an ED or not, exercising the amount that Ruby is isn’t healthy or normal, and it shouldn’t be glamourised or even normalised by her or others.

As others have said, I’m pleased that she got good marks on her essays.

• Heart

sitkx

VIP Member
What irritates me most about her is her study methods which are entirely ineffective and actually more time-wasting than productive and yet somehow she’s become as popular as she is.

I do think she is pretty out of touch, sheltered and privileged, but all in all I feel like she’s about average. Not extremely academically bright and not a total shut-in either. Lack of confidence and pretending to be someone else is not all that unique for someone her age especially for someone who was bullied in school. She has some obsessive tendencies but not nearly as bad as what I’ve seen from some others and she has mentioned seeing a therapist for it (not sure if she still is though).
Yeah I agree 100%. She is the definition of working hard, not working smart. I feel like any other person can study what she studies in like 1/3 of the time with the same results. She just likes busywork because it makes her feel less empty.

• Heart
I won't say the name but I think it begins with a P

View attachment 309748
I couldn't even imagine my parents spending this much on my education :oops:
This prep school costs more than my entire uni education :oops: I can now kind of imagine how devasted she was when she didn't get into Oxford. I would feel extremely guilty towards my parents if they had paid this amount of money for my education.

• Sad

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Its so true, I met so many private school kids at uni who were so confident despite having bang average intelligence and being mediocre students. Like they would answer questions, and speak on topics which they had absolutely no knowledge of, get the answer completely wrong and not even be slightly humbled by it. I found it infuriating but also so interesting to watch lol, never seen arrogance like it.
I don’t think Ruby is like this, but she doesn’t seem to like being told shes wrong, even from an academic who is obviously more knowledgeable than her

• Heart