Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched Marfas covid video...feel like I need a lie down

Cannot believe they're related! I actually thought Marfa was adopted for a while because she never called their mum, 'mum' but her name instead and they don't even look similar
Also, she's behind, and hasn't been going to seminars and she's not even 2 months into her course...hope her parent's didn't pay for uni out of their pockets 🤭
I’m surprised she’s moved back home though, it did seem like she was getting on well with her flat mates - especially compared to how Ruby is around other people

Reactions: 3
Honestly, call me a grouch but it really winds me up when people go to university and just piss about like that.

Someone lost a place and they can't be arsed.

What a waste of money.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Just watched Marfas covid video...feel like I need a lie down

Cannot believe they're related! I actually thought Marfa was adopted for a while because she never called their mum, 'mum' but her name instead and they don't even look similar
Also, she's behind, and hasn't been going to seminars and she's not even 2 months into her course...hope her parent's didn't pay for uni out of their pockets 🤭

Girl same
I did a lot of stupid things as a teenager in uni but this was next level disturbing...

Girl same
I did a lot of stupid things as a teenager in uni but this was next level disturbing...
I‘m 22 and never went to uni, but from seeing people I went to school with posting about their uni experience on social media, I thought that was just typical British uni culture? 😂

I‘m 22 and never went to uni, but from seeing people I went to school with posting about their uni experience on social media, I thought that was just typical British uni culture? 😂
Yes a lot of it is... until her friend started sewing skin on her arm with a non sterile needle

• Sick
Reactions: 8
The one where she goes to Ikea, I think right at the end of the video. They were trying to be funny I guess, but I found it disturbing, plus ruby wasn’t there when they said it so its not like she was even part of the joke
I’m not seeing an IKEA video on her channel?

Her sister is insufferable man, I used to think she was ok until I saw the video she posted where her and her mates are talking about how they want to take rubys virginity 🤮 I just found it so disrespectful. Tried to give her another go with her latest covid video but I ended up skipping through it bc I actually just found it cringe, honestly people say ruby is immature but shes actually very mature compared to her sister.
Think I threw up in my mouth a little. I always found her obnoxious but that's beyond crass. Acting like some back alley crackhead while living in her luscious rich country house... I gotta laugh. The only reason she has a semi-following is because she featured Ruby in her videos and still the only videos that actually get views are the ones with Ruby in them. There is banter and there is disrespect. I wonder if Ruby saw that video.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m not seeing an IKEA video on her channel?

Its this one
Think I threw up in my mouth a little. I always found her obnoxious but that's beyond crass. Acting like some back alley crackhead while living in her luscious rich country house... I gotta laugh. The only reason she has a semi-following is because she featured Ruby in her videos and still the only videos that actually get views are the ones with Ruby in them. There is banter and there is disrespect. I wonder if Ruby saw that video.
Yeah like I honestly wouldn’t be ok with that if I was Ruby

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Hey all! Long time lurker here. I often see you post about Ruby's private schooling and I was wondering if you would genuinely judge / hold it against someone if they went through private education? For example, if someone acted completely 'normal' (whatever that means) and was aware of their privilege, yet still went to private school, would you hold it against them?

I was thinking about this yesterday as I was doing chores (lol i need think about other things it seems)... I can imagine if she got in she would really push the dark academia aesthetic by walking around in boaters and pigtails, wearing a leather satchel and doing study with me videos in the Oxford libraries with a candle. I like a bit of that vibe but I can imagine her going a bit theatrical with it. I do feel for her that her dream didn’t happen though. I wonder how she feels about Eve being there, and I bet Ruby would probably know friends from her school there too.
As harsh as this might sound I don’t feel sorry about her Oxford rejection at all, not one bit. Ruby has a ridiculous amount of privilege and I could be wrong here, but I doubt she’s ever experienced academic rejection before. I think it broke her heart to think that all her studying didn’t pay off, but it’s an important life lesson to learn that you don’t always get everything you want even when you put in the work. Some lessons are learnt the hard way, I thought it would develop her as a person but it’s quite pathetic to see that she moped and threw her toys out the pram - I get it upsetting but in life there will be many lessons like this, some that your privilege and connections won’t be able to fix. She needed to learn this sooner or later...

I can imagine ruby staying in academia, maybe trying for a masters at Oxford. Then becoming and academic and lecturer. Either that, or a teacher at her old school.
She wouldn’t survive being a teacher... she doesn’t really have the social skills, not only that, she would have to work to such tight deadlines and multi tasking, I don’t think she’d cope, sadly. I get the impression that she wouldn’t be able to juggle all the responsibilities in her incredibly regimented life. A lot of my family are teachers, so I can vouch for this.

Her sister is insufferable man, I used to think she was ok until I saw the video she posted where her and her mates are talking about how they want to take rubys virginity 🤮 I just found it so disrespectful. Tried to give her another go with her latest covid video but I ended up skipping through it bc I actually just found it cringe, honestly people say ruby is immature but shes actually very mature compared to her sister.
What video did she say about Ruby and her virginity? I must have missed that - that’s really uncomfortable! Martha makes me cringe, it’s like she plays up to this wild child persona because of Ruby. Quite sad really...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Hey all! Long time lurker here. I often see you post about Ruby's private schooling and I was wondering if you would genuinely judge / hold it against someone if they went through private education? For example, if someone acted completely 'normal' (whatever that means) and was aware of their privilege, yet still went to private school, would you hold it against them?
No, of course not, you can’t help who you’re born to. I’m talking about people who went to private school who are either totally blind to their privilege or people who are just openly ignorant and take pride in being posh / wont associate with people who they perceive as lower than them. Unfortunately this is the majority of private school people I’ve met so far (thats just my experience 🤷‍♀️ and I know you meet idiots from all walks of life) but I have met a couple of nice ones.

Reactions: 17
No, I’m actually a little bit jealous in all honestly, I’d have loved that kind of school environment where there are smaller class sizes, more academic focus. I really craved that. In my seminars at uni I did learn alongside students who went to private schools and they were lovely. I think you do get extreme examples of students who don’t recognise their privilege but on the whole, no I wouldn’t judge.

Reactions: 10
Not at all. I went to an international school that would be considered pretty good to at least the average school in Australia. My parents made me very aware of my privilege and what it cost them. I'm about to finish my masters law degree and my overarching goal is to make the legal system more accessible for those who really need it and hopefully substantially improve lives that way. I like to think that I turned out okay despite this early privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
0%! I go to uni with a lot of private school kids and the ones that are just regular people are fine. One of my flatmates went to a really good private school and the only issues I've ever had with him is that he occasionally doesn't get it when I talk about being working class. It's the ones that constantly talk about knowing all the other private school kids because they played lacrosse against each other or whose only conversation starter is asking where your favourite place to go skiing is that get on my tits.

Reactions: 11
Nope, I’m just against people that don’t recognise their own privilege or those that have and look down on others.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes a lot of it is... until her friend started sewing skin on her arm with a non sterile needle
Yeah I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that part. Ruby must pass out watching her sisters videos, such a chaotic life compared to Ruby’s 131 hour study sessions!!

Reactions: 1
0%! I go to uni with a lot of private school kids and the ones that are just regular people are fine. One of my flatmates went to a really good private school and the only issues I've ever had with him is that he occasionally doesn't get it when I talk about being working class. It's the ones that constantly talk about knowing all the other private school kids because they played lacrosse against each other or whose only conversation starter is asking where your favourite place to go skiing is that get on my tits.
Omg the skiing holidays. Every half-term. What is this about?? I've never been skiing in my life and everyone in my class seemed to have been born in the ✨mountains✨and their families would all go together.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.