Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 267982
writing gifted so small you can barely see it is so irritating, check your privilege Ruby and be grateful to the company gifting you items. Be transparent and stop trying to hide it. twit!
Wow, that's really lowered my opinion of her. I thought she had more integrity than the rest of them but this is one of the worst examples of tag hiding I've seen.

Reactions: 4
Wow, that's really lowered my opinion of her. I thought she had more integrity than the rest of them but this is one of the worst examples of tag hiding I've seen.
elena handtrack posted last night a couple of stories explaining the differences between #gifted, #ad and #unpaidad, and as far as i know, (maybe i understood it wrong) there's nothing bad about a #gifted product, right? it's just that one shop decides to send a product to an influencer for free and they decide (or not) to share it...
maybe i'm missing something? why are all of you concerned about it? (please understand that i'm not an expert on this matter, i'm truly curious to know why ruby's post might be a problem!! thank you❤)

Reactions: 2
I can’t watch marfas content, its just another middle class white girl trying her hardest to be quirky and I just end up having to skip through because its boring

Reactions: 13
elena handtrack posted last night a couple of stories explaining the differences between #gifted, #ad and #unpaidad, and as far as i know, (maybe i understood it wrong) there's nothing bad about a #gifted product, right? it's just that one shop decides to send a product to an influencer for free and they decide (or not) to share it...
maybe i'm missing something? why are all of you concerned about it? (please understand that i'm not an expert on this matter, i'm truly curious to know why ruby's post might be a problem!! thank you❤)
Because if you are in a privileged enough position to receive free products and then choose to use them, you need to be openly transparent about it. The business has gifted them for a reason, advertising.. it really isn’t difficult to write ad or gifted in a font in a size that people can see clearly there is no shame in it, at the end of the day they’ve accepted the item and they’re using it so it’s expected of them to be transparent and in doing so encourage sales to the brand.

If you don’t find it an issue that’s fine, but personally I do. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be in such a position to receive items for free, especially in this current climate. Acknowledging their privilege is a decent human thing to do. IMO.

• Heart
I think its just the fact that she put the #gifted in like a size 5 font and put it to the side from the rest of the writing which was a normal size and easily readable. Obviously if you’re gifted something you don’t have to make a post about it as it is not an ad or anything, but if you do you should be very clear its been gifted to you. Like theres just no need to try hide the hashtag by making it tiny and unreadable, but for some reason she felt the need to. I don’t think its crime of the century or anything but I think its pretty rude to the company.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
thank you both of you! you're absolutely right, she isn't forced to show the product, but if she's using it regularly, she should be open and transparent about where it comes from
i've also realised that she sells many products on depop that are brand new with tags on...she suddenly realises she doesn't want them right after buying them? or is she making money out of selling gifted products? that's suspicious...

Reactions: 3
thank you both of you! you're absolutely right, she isn't forced to show the product, but if she's using it regularly, she should be open and transparent about where it comes from
i've also realised that she sells many products on depop that are brand new with tags on...she suddenly realises she doesn't want them right after buying them? or is she making money out of selling gifted products? that's suspicious...
I’ve not seen her depop but I think it depends how much shes selling them for I guess, if they are gifted products then its a bit cheeky to do but at the end of the day they’re hers to do what she wants with. Personally if I was in her position I’d just give them to a charity shop or give them to friends bc I doubt shes struggling with money or anything like that.

When I see videos like 11 hour study day it honestly just makes me think these people have poor time management? I understand doing it for your school exams when you have loads of subjects but I did an English degree like Ruby (and got a first) and I think I'd genuinely find it hard to fill 11 hours with work unless I had a big assignment due or an exam soon. I studied a lot but also had a part time job, saw friends etc. The 11 hour study day doesn't make much sense to me on an English degree as there's lots of reading but barely any class time and probably not as much continuous assessment as other subjects.

Ruby seems to spend a lot of time making lists/timetables and making everything into work like printing out photos for her wall. Maybe she's just being super organised but I'm an organised person too and I just don't get it!

Reactions: 17
When I see videos like 11 hour study day it honestly just makes me think these people have poor time management? I understand doing it for your school exams when you have loads of subjects but I did an English degree like Ruby (and got a first) and I think I'd genuinely find it hard to fill 11 hours with work unless I had a big assignment due or an exam soon. I studied a lot but also had a part time job, saw friends etc. The 11 hour study day doesn't make much sense to me on an English degree as there's lots of reading but barely any class time and probably not as much continuous assessment as other subjects.

Ruby seems to spend a lot of time making lists/timetables and making everything into work like printing out photos for her wall. Maybe she's just being super organised but I'm an organised person too and I just don't get it!
My friends who have PhDs say they always aim for about 5 'active' hours each day where they're working. Obviously it ebbs and flows, but that's what they say is a good balance for having a life and getting work done. Obviously this isn't in one go as well but is broken up with trips to the gym etc. Ruby is just setting herself up for failure by doing so much.

I don’t even feel like it was 11 hours of actually sitting down and studying. Like making timetables and lists might be “productive” but it doesn’t actually contribute that much towards your studies

I noticed in her 11 hour study video that she was writing and rewriting notes on a novel/article she was reading (so once on her kindle, then again on notion). It's all busywork used to persuade yourself that you are indeed being productive, even when you aren't doing anything truly useful or meaningful. Why make one set of notes when you can make an identical copy on another device?

My friends who have PhDs say they always aim for about 5 'active' hours each day where they're working. Obviously it ebbs and flows, but that's what they say is a good balance for having a life and getting work done. Obviously this isn't in one go as well but is broken up with trips to the gym etc. Ruby is just setting herself up for failure by doing so much.
I can attest to this. While it can be useful in some situations to count the number of answers that you work, a lot of time it can encourage unhealthy habits or obsessions which aren't necessary. Studying at 6:45am just so that you can try to hit 11 hours study that day is just excessive.

Reactions: 14
I’m currently in my second year of uni, like ruby, but studying history and politics. I don’t think any studying I’ve ever done has come close to 11 hours. The reading can be time consuming but definitely not 11 hours worth. I don’t even think I do 11 hours in a day if I’m behind with an assignment

In that 11 hour study video she also mentioned how freezing cold it was yet when she got into bed one could see that she wore a skirt but no tights?!

• Haha
In that 11 hour study video she also mentioned how freezing cold it was yet when she got into bed one could see that she wore a skirt but no tights?!
I thought this! She's always dressed up but ngl I'm in warm PJs all day if I'm at home!

Another English Literature graduate here, I definitely never spent that much time studying. It's more list making for the sake of it. I would be interested to see what she is like in seminars.

I would be interested to see what she is like in seminars.
I would put money on her being the type of student who asks excessive amounts of questions, doesn't let anyone get a word in edge-wise, and constantly thinks her insights are the most valuable.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Another English Literature graduate here, I definitely never spent that much time studying. It's more list making for the sake of it. I would be interested to see what she is like in seminars.
I’m not an English student but I study a subject that is heavily about reading and independent work like English degrees are. But I’ve never in my life done 11 hours in a day. I wouldn’t have the mental capacity to do that, the only thing I would say is that sometimes reading can take a long time if you are a slow reader but ruby obviously isn’t. My lecturers say that the average time studying for each module should be between 4-6 hours per week outside of contact hours - so even if you did 6 hours a day (the maximum) and take 6 classes then that would be 6 days out of the week (36 hours) which is miles less than what ruby does. I think she just makes more work for herself but doesn’t effectively study

Reactions: 8
I’m not an English student but I study a subject that is heavily about reading and independent work like English degrees are. But I’ve never in my life done 11 hours in a day. I wouldn’t have the mental capacity to do that, the only thing I would say is that sometimes reading can take a long time if you are a slow reader but ruby obviously isn’t. My lecturers say that the average time studying for each module should be between 4-6 hours per week outside of contact hours - so even if you did 6 hours a day (the maximum) and take 6 classes then that would be 6 days out of the week (36 hours) which is miles less than what ruby does. I think she just makes more work for herself but doesn’t effectively study
Yes it's like my friend who was studying medicine. She was at the library doing 14 hour days to study for her exams in first but she actually ended up failing them. Probably because she got burnt out. Meanwhile my friend who is hard working just not insanely so got straight As in the exams and he was baffled as she did more studying. It's probably because he went in there with a better mindset.

I agree Ruby would be a bit much in seminars. I bet some people just read the text, underline some quotes and jot down a few ideas then come up with more on the spot as they discuss the book. Ruby is too rigid, I imagine she has set notes prepared.

Reactions: 5
Yes it's like my friend who was studying medicine. She was at the library doing 14 hour days to study for her exams in first but she actually ended up failing them. Probably because she got burnt out. Meanwhile my friend who is hard working just not insanely so got straight As in the exams and he was baffled as she did more studying. It's probably because he went in there with a better mindset.

I agree Ruby would be a bit much in seminars. I bet some people just read the text, underline some quotes and jot down a few ideas then come up with more on the spot as they discuss the book. Ruby is too rigid, I imagine she has set notes prepared.
I was definitely the one in seminars who read the book then winged it rather than writing lots of notes of what I might say. It depends on the lecturer I guess. Mine tended to like spontaneous discussion.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.