Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ratsout

VIP Member
Can we please fuck off about revenue and tax rules about loans ?😂 Talk about derailing a thread

• Haha
Reactions: 50

jeepers

This thread has taken a mad turn!

Now Rosemary, you gave us a wee drop of tea there about Rosie C, if you really want to take in the cash, set up a Patreon where you dish all of the dirt on the Irish influencers, you’d be a feckin millionaire by Christmas 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Agelsfa

The admirable feminist, who only moved to the US on the basis that she would become dependent on that poor sod and spend every cent on takeaway and hideous furnishings.

I’ve looked at his page a couple times. He seems to go to the gym and obviously was working up til recently.
Would love to know what he thought to come home and this slob panned out on the couch after a big lunch order. Would love to know why the babysitter ghosted her but I can’t blame her either.
That's not why she moved to the US though is it?

I think it's quite easy to see why someone would like Rosemary, she is smart and funny, she's confident, she obviously plays a big role in his kids life, she works within the confines of her visa whilst looking after their child. Sure she doesn't go to the gym and eats takeaway a lot but not being a size 8 isn't a crime and doesn't make you a 'slob'.

This may come as a shock but most grown ups pick their partners based on far more than whether or not they make a home cooked meal every night and go to the gym. And seeing that someone works and goes to the gym sometimes doesn't exactly say much about anyone at all does it? He's hardly going to be posting pics of himself panned out on the couch scratching his balls is he.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

SozBbz

VIP Member
Honestly don’t think Rosemary generates enough of either rave/rant to warrant two threads.
I agree, I actually think this is such a weak point of Tattle. Why can’t a thread just be a thread, and if the person is likeable and interesting, the comments will be positive. Likewise, if they do something annoying then than can be discussed too. Makes no sense to me to have to have two parallel threads on the same person.
Let their conduct dictate the tone of the thread.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I think what I like the most about Rosemary is that she's had so much personal growth, and that's so admirable to see in an "influencer" type, when most of them are busy showing the aspirational / "here's how amazing my life is" side of things. She can laugh at herself and she can point at bad decisions she made in the past, as well as an awareness for the viewer i.e maybe we don't all want to see baby content, etc.

It's refeshing in such a typically vacuous space like instagram. Best of luck to her with the baby. I think this will be her best chapter yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Agelsfa

I'm still pissed off about this this morning tbh. I have a 13 yo daughter she is going through puberty, she has just started her period, she has just gotten her first boyfriend. I say all of this to point out that right now she is painfully aware of her own body and also painfully aware of boys. In pe at school they have a communal changing room, she's not a fan as is. I cannot imagine how she would feel if Jack came out as Jill and then she was expected to welcome Jill into these changing rooms. In Rosemarys world girls like my daughter should just be kind, push those feelings aside and welcome Jill into the girls changing room. It doesn't matter how uncomfortable girls like my dd feel with it because the rights of Jill to be affirmed trump the rights of girls to feel comfortable. There are no shades of grey in Rosemarys world, no understanding of women and girls have been through that might make them hesitant to share spaces with biogical males, just shove over and be kind.

And that's before we get into how ridiculous she is about sport. She is right about one thing though, she isn't the person people should be getting their info from.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Puffin

VIP Member
I think Rosemary is too honest sometimes and her honesty is too her own detriment. She has been open about her spending, her lack of savings and her overall financial struggles while many people wouldn't be.

To those who are struggling , sorry to hear you are , times are tough for so many people but Rosemary is not the reason for that struggle so the anger towards her is misguided.

As for what her parents have or haven't helped her with it's none of anyone else's business but their's and with regards to the dog if she had brought her to America with her I'm sure someone would have had an issue with that aswell.

I may not agree with some of her posts/opinions/ life decisions etc but what she chooses to do with her life has zero impact on mine.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Agelsfa

I've always been a big advocate for Rosemary on her thread but I have unfollowed her after this. I really thought she was smarter than that. Really disappointed that she can't see genuine concerns around tran women competing against biological females or the inclusion of trans women in female only space like for instance allowing a convinced rapist into a women's prison. To just dismiss people's concerns as 'uneducated' and 'ignorant' and to say that people with these concerns are denying the existence of trans people is so fucking reductive and just plain thick to be honest. Not something I ever thought I would say about Rosemary but fuck that I don't follow people that are anti womens rights. I really liked Rosemary and was so disappointed to see her uneducated, thoughtless, opinions on this topic.

Reactions: 33

imsoexcited

I remember Rosemary before she moved to the US. She was begging then too, always asking for people to pay to see her writings etc. There's something about it all that bothers me. The paying for "content" shite. I cannot stand people making money from insta. It's not a real job.
But it is a “real” job? It’s people’s time, effort and creativity, if you don’t want to pay then you don’t. Her writing isn’t “insta” it’s online articles, newsletters and diaries. It’s the new way of consuming the written word - before it was magazines, and they were overpriced and repetitive but we bought them as we liked certain things and not all. Would you say someone working at Vogue for instance hadn’t a real job? They write articles, alongside advertisements. Asking people to pay for the work you’ve done (asking btw, she’s not forcing!) is Rosemary advertising. How anyone perceived that as begging is beyond me. Is Colleen Hooper advertising her (shite) books begging? Newspapers having paywalls?
People not seeing insta as real work is a separate argument, not really relevant here as Rosemary doesn’t do paid adds anymore (not that I’ve seen). I honestly think people have an issue with how she spends her money and it’s her honesty on that subject that attracts her readers. So she’s damned either way!

Reactions: 32

Fatface

VIP Member
She’s bone idle lazy. She said she didn’t take off her foundation before bed, she’s said she gets a cleaner in - girl you can clean when your kids are asleep did you know that? She orders food instead of making it herself.
And now she wants people to subscribe to her piss poor writing because her husband lost her job and they were both too lazy to put a few dollars away?
And her excuse is she doesn’t drink so she can spend her money on luxuries a lot of us would only love to have right now.
She’s a parent and a step mother, she has more than herself to worry about so could she not find a job if he can’t get one and put the begging hat away? Some of us can’t even pay for our food shop or household bill and she wants the likes of us to fund her?
I don’t think she expects anyone who can’t afford household bills to fund her - in fact she gives anyone who asks a free subscription, or she did at one point. She can’t get a job because she doesn’t have a green card.
And not taking off your foundation before bed is hardly a sign of being bone idle 😂😂.
Some of the questions she got were outrageous - how do you sleep at night after what happened with Coileann? Seriously? She made a decision that she thought was right at the time, she regrets it but she can’t change it. It’s a dog, was she supposed to not move at all because she couldn’t take him with her?

JillZarin

Chatty Member
I literally haven't got a cent of savings, never have probably never will. I have a full time job and a cleaner, cleans our house weekly (I have enough to be doing to keep on top of shopping, cooking, keeping the place tidy and God forbid sitting on the sofa in the evenings to have a cup of tea. Maybe I should cut back on that sitting time to clean and start saving that €60 a week 🙄 There's a lot of high horses around here.

• Heart

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Love Rosemary, she was a bit polarising back in the day when she spoke out a lot, i feel like she was one of thd first to call out the BS on insta

Shes very intelligent and writes really well IMO.

Thw only mental health advocate i can think of that speaks openly about it without trying to monetise it

madegg91

I like Rosemary, and really enjoy the podcast, but her post on trans day of visibility was just not it..Performative and reductive. I was a bit taken aback with her inclusion of the sports piece, coming from someone who only recently on the pod said she doesn't enjoy sports. What's her thought process there? Does she just know it's a current debate within the sports world, and just lumped it in? She doesn't have context, and including a link to a paper that she hurriedly googled doesn't pass muster.

I consider myself an ally, but am really disappointed with people like Rosemary online, who probably have the same left-leaning ideologies as I do, but are so hardline, that as someone brilliantly put above, they almost loop back around to the right. You can't expect there to be any change for the positive when the "good" side i.e the left are evolving into everything that's hated about the far-right - completely closed to discussion, and a "my way or the highway" mentality. And I'm absolutely not saying trans rights are up for discussion, far from it. There is however a discussion to be had on trans sportspeople participating in female sports, post-puberty. It's such a tricky debate, and Rosemary's attitude doesn't help in the slightest.

It's not about you Rosemary; be an ally, listen to the minorities who are living the experience, and stop using a day of visibility to win some social media points

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Atlas Eddie. Sounds like a nickname for some fella who always thinks he knows where everywhere is “Ah here’s Atlas Eddie on,thinks he knows it all” 😂😂
Gorgeous baby, and a fine size!

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Clarision

Agreed I know she’s using the green card as an excuse as she hasn’t a proper visa for working but surely she could start nannying or something since she’s home all day anywya
To be fair she can't do that. There are very specific rules around her visa and she would be very silly to jeopardize her visa.
I do like Rosemary, I like her writing and find her substack is the only subscription I didn't cancel in my last subscription cull. To me she's a refreshing change from all the other insta Huns. I think she's so honest it makes her an easy target.

Reactions: 30

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I really like them both but the emotional manipulation around signing up to pay for Atlas’ medical bills and help Beatrice stay in FW is becoming too much

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Esmae29

I'm not going to get into a breastfeeding debate. But what I will say is breastfeeding is completely normal. It is the perfect nutrition for human babies and toddlers. In my opinion it is more natural or normal for a toddler to be drinking human milk than drinking cows milk which is really meant for baby cows/calves. I know it's just because breastfeeding is not that common in Ireland or as "normalised" as it could be. I am breastfeeding my baby who is nearly 1 and my mother and sisters find the whole thing very odd and I've heard all the comments from them 😅. In fairness I used to think a bit like them before I learned more. Attitudes to breastfeeding are so strange at times. My hairdresser was saying she knew a woman breastfeeding her 2 year and she said " it's so strange at that stage she's getting more out of it than the child". I've heard similar sentiments....like Jesus what is meant by that and what exactly do people think a mother "gets" out of breastfeeding her child other than nice cuddles, a bond and a nice feeling that her body is providing nutrition for her baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 29