Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely curious if people that don’t have savings are very financially secure anyway in some shape or form, maybe rich in-laws, no mortgage or something, so don’t need to worry about a rainy day fund. I’d be very nervous to have nothing to fall back on. I believe it’s recommended to have 6 months net pay in savings in the bank. That’s what I was advised by a financial planner anyway in the last few months.
I'm lucky in that I have job security but I'm paycheck to paycheck. My partner hasn't got the same security but is on a higher salary. We'd just about manage if one of us wasn't able to bring home the bacon but screwed if we both lost our incomes. I'm also very privileged to know that if push came to shove our families could help us out in a pinch. Would only be delighted to have 6 months net pay saved.

Reactions: 8
That's the thing, I think its very unfair to say people are on their high horse. So many people are living week to week, growing up my mam genuinely went without dinner towards the end of the week if she had an expected expense. My parents never had the luxury of extra money to put into savings. I do find it bizarre that if you have a spare 60€ and it's a toss between saving it or paying a cleaner you'd choose a cleaner.

Reactions: 12
A lot of people live week to week and you are showing your privilege not to realise that some people cannot afford to save on their earnings
I don’t have a cleaner. I have to choose where my money goes like everyone else. I couldn’t choose a cleaner over having a few Euro in the bank personally as I have a young child and a mortgage and in work in the tech sector which is laying off people left right and centre. My anxiety would be through the roof.

Edit to add I don’t have 6 months savings myself, I’ve been trying to build up my pension instead. That is what the financial advisor said but I imagine that’s like the ideal scenario not necessarily the norm. I do have some savings but not 6 months net pay by any means.

Reactions: 5
Rosemary clearly did have the money to either pay off debt or build some savings. From the info she shared today, they had a decent household income up to recently and America is not experiencing the same energy crisis as we are. She has said that she doesn’t notice the cost of using her tumble dryer all the time for example.

It’s just the fact she now has children that baffles me. She was happy to take a loan from her parents for a car but if doesnt seem like she has any intention of her children being able to come to her down the line for a similar favour. It just strikes me as selfish. I don’t care what she spends her money on, but the penny doesn’t seem to have dropped that it’s not just about her anymore.

Reactions: 5
Rosemary clearly did have the money to either pay off debt or build some savings. From the info she shared today, they had a decent household income up to recently and America is not experiencing the same energy crisis as we are. She has said that she doesn’t notice the cost of using her tumble dryer all the time for example.

It’s just the fact she now has children that baffles me. She was happy to take a loan from her parents for a car but if doesnt seem like she has any intention of her children being able to come to her down the line for a similar favour. It just strikes me as selfish. I don’t care what she spends her money on, but the penny doesn’t seem to have dropped that it’s not just about her anymore.
Shes just bought a house and spent thousands on visa fees. I feel shes just at a point where her savings have been obliterated. Im sure she will be doing all she can to get in a better position but jees cut her some slack

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

She's just bought a house, had to spend 10k on a visa and 5k on a greencard. Would you have savings after all that? It takes a long time to save and bits and pieces crop up that eat into your savings bit by bit. Cut her some slack

Reactions: 12
She’s bone idle lazy. She said she didn’t take off her foundation before bed, she’s said she gets a cleaner in - girl you can clean when your kids are asleep did you know that? She orders food instead of making it herself.
And now she wants people to subscribe to her piss poor writing because her husband lost her job and they were both too lazy to put a few dollars away?
And her excuse is she doesn’t drink so she can spend her money on luxuries a lot of us would only love to have right now.
She’s a parent and a step mother, she has more than herself to worry about so could she not find a job if he can’t get one and put the begging hat away? Some of us can’t even pay for our food shop or household bill and she wants the likes of us to fund her?

Reactions: 7
She’s bone idle lazy. She said she didn’t take off her foundation before bed, she’s said she gets a cleaner in - girl you can clean when your kids are asleep did you know that? She orders food instead of making it herself.
And now she wants people to subscribe to her piss poor writing because her husband lost her job and they were both too lazy to put a few dollars away?
And her excuse is she doesn’t drink so she can spend her money on luxuries a lot of us would only love to have right now.
She’s a parent and a step mother, she has more than herself to worry about so could she not find a job if he can’t get one and put the begging hat away? Some of us can’t even pay for our food shop or household bill and she wants the likes of us to fund her?
She can't find a job outside journalism due to her visa which she has explained multiple times

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t think she expects anyone who can’t afford household bills to fund her - in fact she gives anyone who asks a free subscription, or she did at one point. She can’t get a job because she doesn’t have a green card.
And not taking off your foundation before bed is hardly a sign of being bone idle 😂😂.
Some of the questions she got were outrageous - how do you sleep at night after what happened with Coileann? Seriously? She made a decision that she thought was right at the time, she regrets it but she can’t change it. It’s a dog, was she supposed to not move at all because she couldn’t take him with her?

Reactions: 32
This. I have no earnings any more due to no fault of my own. I wish I could save, I'm barely getting by.
As you are quoting a post that was directly responding to a post of mine, I’ll respond. Times are tough now for most, I’d imagine there’s few that are not feeling the pinch and some more than others I’m sure. But some people never save, even before the current cost of living crisis. That’s more what I was commenting on. I’m saving feck all now but there was a time when my outgoings were less when I was able to save more and I did then. For time like this when we don’t know if we’ll have jobs in a few months. For example my own sister is one such person, she goes on multiple holidays, always has her Botox and her nails done but is living week to week with nothing for a rainy day. I couldn’t live like that.
And if I am showing my privilege by having some savings, let me tell you it’s privilege that I have worked extremely hard for, there’s plenty sacrifices made for a small bit of a rainy day fund, which realistically would go on trying to keep a roof over our heads if the worst happens. There’s no support there for middle income Ireland when the tit hits the fan and you can’t pay your mortgage and interest rates going up what seems like monthly now. There’s no HAP for home owners, no mortgage interest relief anymore, etc, so yeah I think if one can afford a cleaner but can’t afford to save anything I’d wonder why that is what they are prioritising.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
People can go on all day about how their circumstances are different, but nobody is walking in anybody elses shoes. I have savings, but I don't have health insurance. If I lived in the states I would have health insurance and maybe little or no savings as it would be a huge outgoing unless it was available through an employer.
I also had a cleaner before covid, I didn't take her back as I work from home and honestly hated being in the house when she was here, it's so unsettling. If I worked outside the home I would definately have one again. It was only for 3 hours a week, and it would be money well spent for me and my family. I honestly get panicky when friends or relatives say they're going to call over, there's just never enough cleaning done and we live in constant mess, toys, shoes, piles of laundry. Maybe that makes me a slob in the eyes of some perfect posters too?

Reactions: 16
I think Rosemary is too honest sometimes and her honesty is too her own detriment. She has been open about her spending, her lack of savings and her overall financial struggles while many people wouldn't be.

To those who are struggling , sorry to hear you are , times are tough for so many people but Rosemary is not the reason for that struggle so the anger towards her is misguided.

As for what her parents have or haven't helped her with it's none of anyone else's business but their's and with regards to the dog if she had brought her to America with her I'm sure someone would have had an issue with that aswell.

I may not agree with some of her posts/opinions/ life decisions etc but what she chooses to do with her life has zero impact on mine.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think Rosemary is too honest sometimes and her honesty is too her own detriment. She has been open about her spending, her lack of savings and her overall financial struggles while many people wouldn't be.

To those who are struggling , sorry to hear you are , times are tough for so many people but Rosemary is not the reason for that struggle so the anger towards her is misguided.

As for what her parents have or haven't helped her with it's none of anyone else's business but their's and with regards to the dog if she had brought her to America with her I'm sure someone would have had an issue with that aswell.

I may not agree with some of her posts/opinions/ life decisions etc but what she chooses to do with her life has zero impact on mine.🤷🏻‍♀️
^^^
This.

She's not my favourtie person on insta, she's very opinionated, but sure so am I? But by jesus she's streets ahead of the greedy grabby huns who sell their souls for freebies and every minute detail of their lives is an #af. She's easy to follow because every other thing isn't an #AD/Spon/Gifted etc. If I was struggling financially I'd be directing far more ire at the huns who get everything from clothes to food to baby gear for free - they're the very ones who don't need it.

As a pet owner as well, I would do everything in my power to bring my pet with me. That said if he was happy and comfortable at home with my family that would be great. But - if they started visiting for extended periods leaving the dog in kennels then I would look at the best thing for my pet - not for me. Who knows how her dog gets on with others, she may not be happy sharing a home with Vinny, what then?

time to give the people what they want and move this from rave subsection to normal!
All 4 of you can go start your own thread in whatever section you choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 22