Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So none of us have ever asked an employer for a raise when we went through a tough period?! FFS, you'd swear she asked people to sacrifice their first born!
As if an employer gives you a raise when you are going through a tough time. They give you a raise for your performance. You demonstrate that you deserve a pay increase. You can't just ask for one because your husband lost his job. Get real.

Reactions: 13
The admirable feminist, who only moved to the US on the basis that she would become dependent on that poor sod and spend every cent on takeaway and hideous furnishings.

I’ve looked at his page a couple times. He seems to go to the gym and obviously was working up til recently.
Would love to know what he thought to come home and this slob panned out on the couch after a big lunch order. Would love to know why the babysitter ghosted her but I can’t blame her either.
That's not why she moved to the US though is it?

I think it's quite easy to see why someone would like Rosemary, she is smart and funny, she's confident, she obviously plays a big role in his kids life, she works within the confines of her visa whilst looking after their child. Sure she doesn't go to the gym and eats takeaway a lot but not being a size 8 isn't a crime and doesn't make you a 'slob'.

This may come as a shock but most grown ups pick their partners based on far more than whether or not they make a home cooked meal every night and go to the gym. And seeing that someone works and goes to the gym sometimes doesn't exactly say much about anyone at all does it? He's hardly going to be posting pics of himself panned out on the couch scratching his balls is he.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Christ all the starchy knickers are out tonight 😳

A loan without market interest applied will likely be treated as a gift by Revenue and there will be tax implications.
Ridiculous! Where are you getting this incorrect information from?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That's not why she moved to the US though is it?

I think it's quite easy to see why someone would like Rosemary, she is smart and funny, she's confident, she obviously plays a big role in his kids life, she works within the confines of her visa whilst looking after their child. Sure she doesn't go to the gym and eats takeaway a lot but not being a size 8 isn't a crime and doesn't make you a 'slob'.

This may come as a shock but most grown ups pick their partners based on far more than whether or not they make a home cooked meal every night and go to the gym. And seeing that someone works and goes to the gym sometimes doesn't exactly say much about anyone at all does it? He's hardly going to be posting pics of himself panned out on the couch scratching his balls is he.
I think having someone there was a big part of it. Being a slob is not size related, it’s eating trash.
I hope you’ve sent her a message to tell her how you’re flat out defending her from the bad “grown ups” on tattle

Reactions: 1
Lol I have only ever heard of people asking bosses for a raise (when going through a hard time) in movies 🥴 the woman is not a slob! She isn’t relying on strangers to subside her life style 🙄 she is over there on a certain visa with a lot of implications in regards to working! She is a writer ffs 🤣as for the paying tax on a loan from her parents??? LOL good one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This thread has taken a mad turn!

Now Rosemary, you gave us a wee drop of tea there about Rosie C, if you really want to take in the cash, set up a Patreon where you dish all of the dirt on the Irish influencers, you’d be a feckin millionaire by Christmas 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
This is too much 🙄🙄🙄🙄 She's a self employed writer, it's down to her and her only to advertise, promote and sell herself/business. Why are people so annoyed that she's kindly asking people to think about signing up because she's going through a hard time?? So if a self employed gardener put up a post on FB to ask people to think about hiring them for their next job because times are tough, would you accuse that person of being brazen, irresponsible and idiotoc because they have no savings! Ludicrous 😆😆😆

Reactions: 29
The tax on the loan is true, its considered a gift as there is no interest added. My financial adviser advised us to add 1% to the loan we took from our parents for our mortgage to ensure there would be no further implications.

Most people don't know this but you could end up with a pretty hefty tax bill if it isn't done correctly

Reactions: 10
The tax on the loan is true, its considered a gift as there is no interest added. My financial adviser advised us to add 1% to the loan we took from our parents for our mortgage to ensure there would be no further implications.

Most people don't know this but you could end up with a pretty hefty tax bill if it isn't done correctly
In Irish Law a parent can gift their child €335k in a lifetime with no tax implications. I hardly think the taxman is going to be knocking down her door over a few grand for a car. 😂

I know every family is different but when my kids are older I would love to be able to help them financially rather than have them take out high interest loans for everything.

Reactions: 14
In Irish Law a parent can gift their child €335k in a lifetime with no tax implications. I hardly think the taxman is going to be knocking down her door over a few grand for a car. 😂

I know every family is different but when my kids are older I would love to be able to help them financially rather than have them take out high interest loans for everything.
There are revenue rules around this, most people just don’t know

I’m sure revenue are well aware that there are plenty of these loans not reported or recorded and have bigger fish to fry.

I feel sorry for Rosemary, employee rights in the states are practically non existent & now she’s suddenly chief earner with a very unstable income. Hopefully hubby will get a new job soon, the feelings that go with losing a job are difficult to deal with.

Reactions: 3
As if an employer gives you a raise when you are going through a tough time. They give you a raise for your performance. You demonstrate that you deserve a pay increase. You can't just ask for one because your husband lost his job. Get real.
Calm your jets. I said ask, not receive.

Reactions: 7
She’s not a nice person. Self serving, rude and a smartarse. Think deeper about who you stand up for.

She has said multiple times in posts/podcasts/stories that she left in March and had a return ticket for May for a friends wedding. She - like many others, myself included - thought the pandemic was a blip, maybe for a month or so. I don't think anybody foresaw how Covid changed the world with lockdowns/travel/quarantines etc.
You would swear she left with a one way ticket never to return the way you've described it.

Definitely don’t think she deserved what has happened. I also don’t object to how she spends her money based on the fact that I financially contribute to her. I enjoy her writing and don’t consider her asking people to consider subscribing begging. But to have 3 children that you are at least partially financially responsible for and have NO savings while 2 decent incomes (until this week obviously) were coming in is idiotic in the extreme. And this is while living in a country that apparently has no statutory redundancy and you have to employed to have access to decent healthcare. Her money diaries are a revenue stream for her so people will comment. She doesn’t have to share it.

Reactions: 11

Yes, gift. This is a loan, so they are not including this in the gift amount.

And the tax man may or may not. Plenty of people get away with not ever having it be an issue, some people get pulled. Especially once things go into probate after her parents death. I imagine they stand to inherit more than the allowed tax band once their parents die since it is between 2 of them anyway.

Regardless, rules are rules. They didn't gift it.

Reactions: 2
So if a self employed gardener put up a post on FB to ask people to think about hiring them for their next job because times are tough, would you accuse that person of being brazen, irresponsible and idiotoc because they have no savings! Ludicrous 😆😆😆
If that gardener had published years of ridiculously extravagant spending diaries and openly mocked anyone suggesting they might want to save a smidge of it - then yes? I'd expect them to be absolutely roasted 🧐

Reactions: 6