Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#fuckterfs

I’m done. Buh bye RMC.
---
Have a look at billboard Chris insta. A man who advocates that children can’t consent to puberty blockers etc have a ga Ger at his most recent post on trans visibility day.

this is what you represent RMC. I know your read here so this is what you’re A OK with. 👍🏻
Gosh, such delicate ladies, no wonder they need a #feminist like Rosemary to stand up for them. I'm sure people will be relieved that she is donating their money to such a worthy cause. Maybe she could invite some of these lovely women on her podcast this month, it is trans visibility month all. Personally, I think she should start with one of our own, Barbie Kardashian, they could discuss make up tips like how to rip clumps of your social workers hair out while tearing off her eyelids.

Reactions: 9
It's the agressiveness that people like Rosemary approach these topics which gets my back up. I believe in trans rights but is there a need for this "duck terfs" it's so far left it's actually right ..as in they are at the point where they don't want anyone to question anything and if you have a question or slightly disagree your the enemy and duck you

Reactions: 18
My friends child lis on puberty blockers due to early onset puberty at a young age, so people like Chris can duck off, children can't consent to a lot! But I'd say in the future she'll be glad she was put on them to stop her getting periods at 5! Medical care is between the patient and doctor, whether it's puberty blockers/surgery/abortion/whatever

Reactions: 11
My friends child lis on puberty blockers due to early onset puberty at a young age, so people like Chris can duck off, children can't consent to a lot! But I'd say in the future she'll be glad she was put on them to stop her getting periods at 5! Medical care is between the patient and doctor, whether it's puberty blockers/surgery/abortion/whatever
children can not give informed consent. Hence why parents or guardians give consent on their behalf. It’s very different to put a child on puberty blockers to balance an endocrine disorder such as early puberty then it is to allow puberty blockers for gender dsyphoria.

I’m normally a huge fan of rosemary but this whole ‘woke’ thing is just too much. I’ve stopped listening to podcasts like my favourite murder and murder most Irish for the exact same reason. I’m all for awareness but it’s really started being pushed down our necks too much at this stage.

Reactions: 12
I wonder is it her an American following or social scene that are causing the agenda pushing on this one?
I do like Rosemary but this is a bit Ott.

Reactions: 2
I wonder is it her an American following or social scene that are causing the agenda pushing on this one?
I do like Rosemary but this is a bit Ott.
Nah, she's always been like this to a certain extent, and it seems to coincide with the state of her own personal headspace. An unhappy Rosemary is a sanctimonious Rosemary.

This aspect of her character seemed to die down when she went to America, and I think of lot of people here were happy for her and thought that she'd grown out of it and found whatever was missing in her life.

I don't think she has much of a US following, her numbers haven't really changed much in years so i doubt thats the cause. I think its more likely her own flawed personality, in that being uber liberal obviously gives her some sort of validation, combined with zero ability to build consensus or see nuance.

Reactions: 10
She’s obviously miserable at the moment. Her sister will definitely have to move and now she’s stuck in her Midwest town with just the husband

Nah, she's always been like this to a certain extent, and it seems to coincide with the state of her own personal headspace. An unhappy Rosemary is a sanctimonious Rosemary.

This aspect of her character seemed to die down when she went to America, and I think of lot of people here were happy for her and thought that she'd grown out of it and found whatever was missing in her life.

I don't think she has much of a US following, her numbers haven't really changed much in years so i doubt thats the cause. I think its more likely her own flawed personality, in that being uber liberal obviously gives her some sort of validation, combined with zero ability to build consensus or see nuance.
Yep completely agree.Rosemary has and always will be one of those people who her opinion is right , yours if it doesn't align with hers is completely wrong

Reactions: 13
Very true, it's quite transparent. I know so many people like this in real life, they get all het up about things when there's some deep discomfort in their own lives.

Most people sit in the middle on these controversial issues, which is the healthiest place to be. Life is short like, why go either way on something that has absolutely no impact on your life whatsoever. Let trans women be trans women, but let's protect cis women too - including women's sports which could be annihilated by ignoring the very obvious physical disadvantage talented female competitors are at when competing with a biological male. Simple as.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yep completely agree.Rosemary has and always will be one of those people who her opinion is right , yours if it doesn't align with hers is completely wrong
I think the post you're quoting was correct too in linking her mental wellbeing with how... annoying and sanctimonious she comes across, it's almost like there was a direct correlation because there was a lot of it when she was still in Dublin, and she had appeared to mellow out until now.

Like I do sincerely hope she maybe steps back from the Internet in general for a little bit, its very easy to fall into a slippery slope of getting personally invested in the news and whatnot and yes, while it is important and it is relevant, it's not going to keep a roof over her head or deal with her sister potentially moving away.

As a little aside, I wonder how preorders are going for her book? There was someone on the "how to" bit on Sean Moncreiff last week and the topic was "how to publish a book" and someone texted in querying the viability of self publishing and the expert they had in said basically to avoid it at all costs unless its something of local interest, like a town history, or of family interest.

Reactions: 4
She's homesick enough as it is, if her sister moves that'll finish her off I'd say and moving home isn't an option. Must feel very trapped.

She's homesick enough as it is, if her sister moves that'll finish her off I'd say and moving home isn't an option. Must feel very trapped.
I'd feel absolutely suffocated to be honest and genuinely wouldn’t be able to cope - the responsibility of the step kids is huge too and it's such a jump from the "not having kids by choice" lifestyle to the blended family dynamic in a short few years.

While I have unfollowed after her recent posts, I do hope she does therapy, or whatever she needs to in order to mind herself and maybe get more involved in her local area to make connections. She seems very lonely outside of her immediate family and add in some poor mental health to the mix, it's even more isolating.

I'd feel absolutely suffocated to be honest and genuinely wouldn’t be able to cope - the responsibility of the step kids is huge too and it's such a jump from the "not having kids by choice" lifestyle to the blended family dynamic in a short few years.

While I have unfollowed after her recent posts, I do hope she does therapy, or whatever she needs to in order to mind herself and maybe get more involved in her local area to make connections. She seems very lonely outside of her immediate family and add in some poor mental health to the mix, it's even more isolating.
I wonder will her marriage last long term once the sister moves away. She must feel genuinely “stuck” sometimes

Reactions: 1
I think people have made some valid points about her unhappiness contributing to her attitude. She has made no secret of the fact she isn't happy lately. I do agree that she took on a lot quickly, becoming a step mum, having atlas, being married, commiting herself to the US for the next almost 2 decades. Even if she and her husband split she can't really move atlas away from his dad. It is what it is now. I think not working outside the home(as in everything she does is remote), probably doesn't help and creates a feeling of isolation but I know she can't really change that at the moment because of her visa.
That isolation and being chronically online especially if she surrounds herself with an echo chamber like she seems to want probably doesn't help with her extreme, black and white, no nuance thinking.

Reactions: 4
I would find the fact that you can’t leave the house most of the year due to extreme heat or cold, and when you can there’s no point because it’s America so there’s no footpaths to walk with your buggy very very difficult. As much as I disagree with the extremity of her views on the trans stuff, I find it difficult not to feel sorry for her. I’m a substack and patreon member so I’m generally a supporter of hers.

Reactions: 10
I like Rosemary, and really enjoy the podcast, but her post on trans day of visibility was just not it..Performative and reductive. I was a bit taken aback with her inclusion of the sports piece, coming from someone who only recently on the pod said she doesn't enjoy sports. What's her thought process there? Does she just know it's a current debate within the sports world, and just lumped it in? She doesn't have context, and including a link to a paper that she hurriedly googled doesn't pass muster.

I consider myself an ally, but am really disappointed with people like Rosemary online, who probably have the same left-leaning ideologies as I do, but are so hardline, that as someone brilliantly put above, they almost loop back around to the right. You can't expect there to be any change for the positive when the "good" side i.e the left are evolving into everything that's hated about the far-right - completely closed to discussion, and a "my way or the highway" mentality. And I'm absolutely not saying trans rights are up for discussion, far from it. There is however a discussion to be had on trans sportspeople participating in female sports, post-puberty. It's such a tricky debate, and Rosemary's attitude doesn't help in the slightest.

It's not about you Rosemary; be an ally, listen to the minorities who are living the experience, and stop using a day of visibility to win some social media points

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I like Rosemary, and really enjoy the podcast, but her post on trans day of visibility was just not it..Performative and reductive. I was a bit taken aback with her inclusion of the sports piece, coming from someone who only recently on the pod said she doesn't enjoy sports. What's her thought process there? Does she just know it's a current debate within the sports world, and just lumped it in? She doesn't have context, and including a link to a paper that she hurriedly googled doesn't pass muster.

I consider myself an ally, but am really disappointed with people like Rosemary online, who probably have the same left-leaning ideologies as I do, but are so hardline, that as someone brilliantly put above, they almost loop back around to the right. You can't expect there to be any change for the positive when the "good" side i.e the left are evolving into everything that's hated about the far-right - completely closed to discussion, and a "my way or the highway" mentality. And I'm absolutely not saying trans rights are up for discussion, far from it. There is however a discussion to be had on trans sportspeople participating in female sports, post-puberty. It's such a tricky debate, and Rosemary's attitude doesn't help in the slightest.

It's not about you Rosemary; be an ally, listen to the minorities who are living the experience, and stop using a day of visibility to win some social media points

That slide on trans visibility day was obnoxious.

The poster above who said that Rosemary’s arrogance of opinion directly correlates with how happy she is is spot on.

I could be murdered for this but I find it really off putting seeing her sit there with her tit out and her 18 month old glued to it or helping himself to it when he feels like. Gives me the impression he'll have serious mommy issues when he's older. It's time enough it stopped. He's too big. I've nothing against bf a baby but he looks like a preschooler still on the tit.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20