Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always been a big advocate for Rosemary on her thread but I have unfollowed her after this. I really thought she was smarter than that. Really disappointed that she can't see genuine concerns around tran women competing against biological females or the inclusion of trans women in female only space like for instance allowing a convinced rapist into a women's prison. To just dismiss people's concerns as 'uneducated' and 'ignorant' and to say that people with these concerns are denying the existence of trans people is so bleeping reductive and just plain thick to be honest. Not something I ever thought I would say about Rosemary but duck that I don't follow people that are anti womens rights. I really liked Rosemary and was so disappointed to see her uneducated, thoughtless, opinions on this topic.

Reactions: 33
Was very surprised too considering she's begging for subs
This.

Not entirely surprised she has already tried to clarify what she meant.

Imagine the arrogance of assuming the majority of your almost 43k followers have the exact same opinions as you on a very hot, divisive topic.

Reductive, anti feminist, virtue signalling and basic. Things I never expected from her.

Also unfollowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This.

Not entirely surprised she has already tried to clarify what she meant.

Imagine the arrogance of assuming the majority of your almost 43k followers have the exact same opinions as you on a very hot, divisive topic.

Reductive, anti feminist, virtue signalling and basic. Things I never expected from her.

Also unfollowed.
I went on to see her clarification and it’s not really repentant is it!? She’s still saying the same things just slightly (and only slightly) less abrasively.

Here’s the thing about rights Rosemary, is that in most cases, they’re not absolute or mutually exclusive. The trans issue is about balancing their rights with those of others (namely cis women, a term which I hate but however). There is no logic or fairness in allowing the rights of a minority to trump those of a historically repressed group. It’s about compromise, not absolutism.

As for bringing up Caster Semenya who is not Trans btw Rosemary! She’s having to resort to conflating issues to try to make a point. Weak.

No one (except Rosemary) is talking about hormone testing women. We are however talking about excluding people who were male on their original birth cert and went through male puberty form skewing/ruining sport for all women. It’s the few versus the many, and sure it’s unfortunate for a small handful, but it’s not unfair.

Can you really tell me that Lia Thomas hasn’t got an advantage here? How someone can go from being mediocre male swimmer to a championship winning female swimmer and think that’s just fine….make it make sense!

98EF1600-DFA0-4857-BD78-3E37F047FF06.png

Attachments

Reactions: 18
I went on to see her clarification and it’s not really repentant is it!? She’s still saying the same things just slightly (and only slightly) less abrasively.

Here’s the thing about rights Rosemary, is that in most cases, they’re not absolute or mutually exclusive. The trans issue is about balancing their rights with those of others (namely cis women, a term which I hate but however). There is no logic or fairness in allowing the rights of a minority to trump those of a historically repressed group. It’s about compromise, not absolutism.

As for bringing up Caster Semenya who is not Trans btw Rosemary! She’s having to resort to conflating issues to try to make a point. Weak.

No one (except Rosemary) is talking about hormone testing women. We are however talking about excluding people who were male on their original birth cert and went through male puberty form skewing/ruining sport for all women. It’s the few versus the many, and sure it’s unfortunate for a small handful, but it’s not unfair.

Can you really tell me that Lia Thomas hasn’t got an advantage here? How someone can go from being mediocre male swimmer to a championship winning female swimmer and think that’s just fine….make it make sense!

View attachment 2070374
Again, spot on.

transwomen who have come the other side of male puberty can duck right off.
Transwomen also are not women, they are trans women. Ditto transmen.
her use of the term “CIS” also rattled my cage.

Reactions: 14
For someone who’s crying out for followers she sure is losing them fairly rapid. Me, I took her advice

Reactions: 10
shes a virtue signaller. Always has been. Will enjoy her trying to claw her way back cos she didnt get the response she was hoping for.

Ya I unfollowed.
She doesn’t need to be spouting tit about complex topics she knows duck all about. This is one of the reasons why jameela jamil is so hated

This is the longest book in history
Has she finished it yet

No joke my cousin has wrote and published two books in the time rosemary is still begging for money to finish hers

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've also unfollowed.

I've gone from often defending Rosemary to cringing at her desperate pleas for people to sign up to the Patreon in which episodes are often inconsistent.

The last straw is this - her labelling people as 'uneducated' and 'ignorant' if they dare to have a differing view to hers.

That rant did not land the way she thought it would.

Reactions: 19
shes a virtue signaller. Always has been. Will enjoy her trying to claw her way back cos she didnt get the response she was hoping for.
I thought she’d left this version of herself behind when she moved to the US, but sanctimonious, superior, preachy Rosemary is back with a bang!
She’s an irony vacuum, not realising that the only one sounding ignorant and actually contributing to conflict is her.
Bye hun, unfollowed and unsubscribed from the pod 👋🏻✌🏻

Reactions: 14
I'm still pissed off about this this morning tbh. I have a 13 yo daughter she is going through puberty, she has just started her period, she has just gotten her first boyfriend. I say all of this to point out that right now she is painfully aware of her own body and also painfully aware of boys. In pe at school they have a communal changing room, she's not a fan as is. I cannot imagine how she would feel if Jack came out as Jill and then she was expected to welcome Jill into these changing rooms. In Rosemarys world girls like my daughter should just be kind, push those feelings aside and welcome Jill into the girls changing room. It doesn't matter how uncomfortable girls like my dd feel with it because the rights of Jill to be affirmed trump the rights of girls to feel comfortable. There are no shades of grey in Rosemarys world, no understanding of women and girls have been through that might make them hesitant to share spaces with biogical males, just shove over and be kind.

And that's before we get into how ridiculous she is about sport. She is right about one thing though, she isn't the person people should be getting their info from.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm not taking much notice of Rosemary to be honest, I actually like her but this kind of sweeping statement from her on a topical issue isn't that unusual. I don't think it has much impact outside of her own echo chamber.
I totally disagree with her on this issue the sports issue alone for instance even a blind man could see how unfair it is for Trans candidates to be competing against biological women. How many more traditional safeer spaces for women would have to be given over to this? In a night out how many times have women escaped to the ladies to get away from harassment or unwanted attention nevermind a serious assault, are we now supposed to just accept that anyone can rock up into these spaces as they identify as female. That is just the tip of the iceberg women's prison's where a lot of very vulnerable and people with very complex needs are also expected to welcome the Trans women community and push aside their fears of sexual assaults etc (this has been the case where a male convicted of sexual assault has changed his identity to wanting to be female and be housed in a woman's prison)
How can this be ok? Only in the eyes of people like Rosemary.

Reactions: 16
Her privilege shining through again. She has zero concept or understand of what her reductive commentary means for thousands of ordinary/underprivileged women.

agree with the comment above that it’s some time
Since we’ve seen this level of sanctimony fROM RMC. Maybe it’s because she’s down and out at the moment but she massively miscalculated how many thousands of women DONT actually share her particular sauce on this subject!

I'll be really annoyed if she comes on and says she's lost X number of followers ergo they must have all been awful, awful transphobes and she's the proud ally.... wrong.

Her ignorance is astounding

Reactions: 11
I have also unfollowed. She does seem to see herself as being in echo chamber and wants to stay in it since she’s telling people who do not agree to unfollow. She even admitted she was surprised at so many people disagreeing with her as she said she thought only like minded people followed her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
#fuckterfs

I’m done. Buh bye RMC.
---
Have a look at billboard Chris insta. A man who advocates that children can’t consent to puberty blockers etc have a ga Ger at his most recent post on trans visibility day.

this is what you represent RMC. I know your read here so this is what you’re A OK with. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 6