Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not a nice person. Self serving, rude and a smartarse. Think deeper about who you stand up for.
Your opinion of whether she is nice etc doesn't take away from the facts of my post. It's not up to you to tell me how to think either.
Regardless of whether or not I like somebody I will call out bullshit when the facts are available on multiple platforms of SM.

Reactions: 4
Can we please duck off about revenue and tax rules about loans ?😂 Talk about derailing a thread

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Can we please duck off about revenue and tax rules about loans ?😂 Talk about derailing a thread
This little derailment could have saved someone here from a spot on the tax defaulters list. My good deed for the weekend. You’re welcome ☺.

Jesus, what has this thread descended into 🤣 🤦‍♀️

To keep on thread, I feel sorry for anyone who loses a job, especially so close to Christmas. She may not have been a saver before but something tells me once her hubby is back earning (hopefully sooner rather than later) she will be, if she doesn't learn a lesson from this then she is very silly.

Reactions: 22
This little derailment could have saved someone here from a spot on the tax defaulters list. My good deed for the weekend. You’re welcome ☺.
By your logic, jaywalkers could end up in jail. Illegal? Yes. Enforced? No. People lend money within families all the time and the revenue doesn’t concern itself.
Calm down patting yourself on the back and stop derailing the thread.

Reactions: 25
Did I miss where she said how much she spends on takeaways I'm intrigued 🤣
She does weekly money diaries on her sub stack. In her most recent one she orders Indian on the Monday for her and the toddler’s lunch and it costs $47 then again on Wednesday ($33) etc etc

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
By your logic, jaywalkers could end up in jail. Illegal? Yes. Enforced? No. People lend money within families all the time and the revenue doesn’t concern itself.
Calm down patting yourself on the back and stop derailing the thread.
People questioned the info. The answer was provided. Revenue does concern itself. Educate yerselves before making baseless comments.

Anyway. I think anyone losing a job so close to Xmas is going to be panicking, I do feel for them. Its hard enough without the whole cost of living crisis. I'm sure she is kicking herself for not having much savings but thankfully she is earning enough to pay their mortgage and bills

Reactions: 6
This thread has taken a mad turn!

Now Rosemary, you gave us a wee drop of tea there about Rosie C, if you really want to take in the cash, set up a Patreon where you dish all of the dirt on the Irish influencers, you’d be a feckin millionaire by Christmas 🤣🤣
Absolutely!!! I’d say she has so much tea! And proving what I always thought about Rosie C, fake as fu€k

Reactions: 9
It is surely a relief that she is still making enough to cover their mortgage and bills, despite him being the main earner, not many could say that! Hopefully he will get a new job soon.

I liked Rosemary’s content a lot but I haven’t followed her since she closed her Patreon. Might sign up to the substack to see how she fares for the next while. I really do admire how brutally honest she is about everything and I’m very intrigued that she says she is going to write a fiction book next.

Reactions: 7
Just my two cents... Takeaways a few times a week and a cleaner to me is laziness and extravagance. And piss poor money management. Now they're up the creek. She said she doesn't like to clean so got a cleaner, fair enough I suppose, I'd rather just suck it up and save myself the few quid and clean/cook when my toddler sleeps.
It's just hard to find sympathy for her situation( not that she's asking for it) when she was pissin away their money on unnecessary cleaners and takeaways.

ETA: maybe cleaners in America are a dime a dozen, I follow another American and it's just her and her husband, no kids and she gets a cleaner once a week, again I thought Jesus well for some 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think we could go through most peoples bank statements and point out things that we *personally* deem to be unnecessary, as she pointed out herself she doesn’t drink every week. You can get a cleaner for €20 an hour, that’s the guts of the cost of a few pints/glasses of wine in the local on a Friday night. Some people value spending their spare money on a cleaner to take away a bit of the mental and physical load of running a household, some people value a few drinks with their mates at the weekend to destress. Neither are morally wrong.

Its not like she’s coming out with money diaries detailing the takeaways/cleaner AFTER her husband lost his job, she’s said herself she’s going to have to change her spending habits now, but at the time they were both on decent wages and so hiring a cleaner was a very reasonable expense to have.

Reactions: 21
The cleaner - While she could she did so fair play to her. It’s a horrible situation to be in and I feel for her re her husband. I feel that Rosemary is empathetic so she will be feeling awful to have laid someone else off close to holidays too.
She often posts to IG from the sofa watching the kid watch TV. Like a lot of content from the sofa tbh, Tidy up then? the other two kids are not exactly toddlers they can help her round the house with small chores.I sometimes feel like some jobs are too big and overwhelming, I try push through because putting them off would lead to pile up. If I could’ve hired a cleaner I probably would’ve too. Wish her the best

Reactions: 1
I think we could go through most peoples bank statements and point out things that we *personally* deem to be unnecessary, as she pointed out herself she doesn’t drink every week. You can get a cleaner for €20 an hour, that’s the guts of the cost of a few pints/glasses of wine in the local on a Friday night. Some people value spending their spare money on a cleaner to take away a bit of the mental and physical load of running a household, some people value a few drinks with their mates at the weekend to destress. Neither are morally wrong.

Its not like she’s coming out with money diaries detailing the takeaways/cleaner AFTER her husband lost his job, she’s said herself she’s going to have to change her spending habits now, but at the time they were both on decent wages and so hiring a cleaner was a very reasonable expense to have.
I think this is a really fair post - reminds me of a time when my card got skimmed and I had to go into my bank and reciew all transactions with a member of staff to see if they were made by me or the fraudsters and it was literally hair, nails, clothes, hair, nails, clothes on repeat 😏 They weren’t even judging me but I still felt a bit shamed by my spending habits, even though I could well afford it. Probably the only difference is that I don’t post my spending on line so people can’t judge me for it!

But, and it’s a big but - the issue with Rosemary is the lack of any savings especially given her stage in life/ responsibilities. She seems very all or nothing, like she conceptually can’t do a little spending and a little saving and find a balance between absolute austerity and buying everything that Instagram suggests to her.

Reactions: 8
I literally haven't got a cent of savings, never have probably never will. I have a full time job and a cleaner, cleans our house weekly (I have enough to be doing to keep on top of shopping, cooking, keeping the place tidy and God forbid sitting on the sofa in the evenings to have a cup of tea. Maybe I should cut back on that sitting time to clean and start saving that €60 a week 🙄 There's a lot of high horses around here.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Genuinely curious if people that don’t have savings are very financially secure anyway in some shape or form, maybe rich in-laws, no mortgage or something, so don’t need to worry about a rainy day fund. I’d be very nervous to have nothing to fall back on. I believe it’s recommended to have 6 months net pay in savings in the bank. That’s what I was advised by a financial planner anyway in the last few months.

Reactions: 14
Genuinely curious if people that don’t have savings are very financially secure anyway in some shape or form, maybe rich in-laws, no mortgage or something, so don’t need to worry about a rainy day fund. I’d be very nervous to have nothing to fall back on. I believe it’s recommended to have 6 months net pay in savings in the bank. That’s what I was advised by a financial planner anyway in the last few months.
It advised you should gave that much, but thats just unattainable for a lot of people

• Heart
A lot of people live week to week and you are showing your privilege not to realise that some people cannot afford to save on their earnings