Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It was obviously tongue in cheek. But I admire Rosemary for admitting how much she has changed. She was previously adamant about not wanting kids. And she’s admitted she was wrong. She’s not trying to be someone she’s not. She’s true to herself and her readers. There’s no holier than thou, life is all roses bullshit with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

CailínBeag

VIP Member
I like Rosemary but in fairness I can’t believe she just admitted to having no savings thus far and blowing any extra cash as “fun money”. She’s a mother now and living in America ffs. There should come a time when she should stop relying on the good will of strangers to subsidise her lifestyle and instead starting saving any surplus instead of splurging it on crap. I can’t believe she hasn’t been doing that all this time tbh. She has the spending habits of a teenager. I don’t see why those consequences should fall on anyone else but her
Maybe this will be the point where she realises that living a normal life with normal problems comes at the expense of "fun money"? I thought it would have happened before her child was born (because like, don't they start saving for a child to go to college from conception in America?) I would say the majority of people I know reached that stage at 21, after college or so, and again, most people I know would throw a few bob into a kitty weekly so they're not up shit creek when there will inevitably be a week where the washing machine, the fridge, and the car all break down at once, the same week the utility bills come in the door. Murphy's law.

It's none of our business why she has a loan from her parents - lots of people do this.

She's chosen her lifestyle, as is her right, and it's your choice to pay for her content, as is your right.

There's almost a gloating vibe here, like "good enough for her, that's what happens when you don't have a rainyday fund and spend all your money on consumerist shite" and maybe ye are right but none of that changes her situation and maybe it'll change how she operates going forward but there's some serious schadenfreude here.

She's in a shit situation which I don't envy one bit but she has a network over there, which puts her miles ahead of couples in similar situations that have no one. She's been honest about everything before, so I don't see why she would stop now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Aoma

Chatty Member
I do actually really like Rosemary. I unfollowed her after she told people to unfollow her if they had a difference of opinion, of which I did and I haven’t re-followed as of yet. But she’s always struck me as being different to the other influencers. Maybe it’s just a case that she’s playing the same game but playing it differently. I severely dislike (understatement) Terror, Greasy, Jackson’s etc but I feel differently about Rosemary. It’s like she’s open and honest to an extent, when all the others are so busy trying to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes to the point where they’re all so used to lying that they wouldn’t know how to be as honest as Rosemary can be. And in fairness, in a world where there’s so much scrutiny it can take a lot to be as open and I do admire Rosemary for that.

Reactions: 24

justwannaseethepictures

She looks brilliant. She's the happiest she's ever been and it shows.
Yes! It suits her so much, and I love how she's so real about her pregnancy, talking about the good and the bad.
I also love how she puts a warning on her stories before talking about anything baby related, I think it's very thoughtful of her for people who might be struggling ttc or who have zero interest in anything baby-related.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

brandambassador

VIP Member
God I love rosemary and I adore their podcast but begging for subscribers with a pic of your baby and asking to pay their bills is a step too far imo
I have to agree. I like her, even love her at times but the ‘pay $60 so I can pay my heating bill’ is a bit cheeky. Maybe it’s not maybe it’s just honesty, but we were looking at our own heating bill today thinking CHRIST we are being rode so maybe I was bitter but the begging and reference to needing us to pay so she can survive is a bit like - go get a job if you’re that stuck it is not my responsibility just because I follow you to pay your bills.

not_influenced

VIP Member
Ive said it before and I'll say it again. I love Rosemary! Her content has changed - shocking really?? Are people actually shocked by that?!? Of course that's what her content will be if ya don't like it jog on! I'd rather follow someone wholesome, honest and well rounded like Rosemary than the fake shit some of them put up!

How she puts out weekly podcast, Patron podcast, newsletter, anchor baby content and then her paid feature pieces! Does she sleep!! To be doing all that with a newborn is crazy and I don't think she gives herself enough credit!

poppyseed1

VIP Member
You can’t compare having a shit with breastfeeding, if she was talking while feeding him with a bottle you wouldn’t say she was looking for attention, clearly people have an issue with breastfeeding. Anyway moving on….

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
Her situation sounds like a nightmare to be fair. America's healthcare system is so batshit. All the same Id be so uncomfortable to be in her position and not earning a lot or at least earning inconsistently, no health insurance, no pension, basically dependent on the one income and then the economy downturns and that's gone at least temporarily. And no savings of her own. I don't understand it, the level of stress that kind of dependence would give me is unreal. Maybe because my dad was an accountant and I still have my communion money in a post office account somewhere 😂
She also has fairly significant debt. Credit card debt, I don’t just mean the mortgage. It is utterly irresponsible. I have young kids and a full time job (a real one) and cooking dinner everyday is a chore but I still do it. I do like Rosemary but she needs to cop on about the daily takeaway habit and randomly dropping hundreds in target. She has a young child to think of, as well as the 2 step kids. She can’t afford her current lifestyle, it’s all gone to credit cards.

Rogue-rats

I think Rosemary is too honest sometimes and her honesty is too her own detriment. She has been open about her spending, her lack of savings and her overall financial struggles while many people wouldn't be.

To those who are struggling , sorry to hear you are , times are tough for so many people but Rosemary is not the reason for that struggle so the anger towards her is misguided.

As for what her parents have or haven't helped her with it's none of anyone else's business but their's and with regards to the dog if she had brought her to America with her I'm sure someone would have had an issue with that aswell.

I may not agree with some of her posts/opinions/ life decisions etc but what she chooses to do with her life has zero impact on mine.🤷🏻‍♀️
^^^
This.

She's not my favourtie person on insta, she's very opinionated, but sure so am I? But by jesus she's streets ahead of the greedy grabby huns who sell their souls for freebies and every minute detail of their lives is an #af. She's easy to follow because every other thing isn't an #AD/Spon/Gifted etc. If I was struggling financially I'd be directing far more ire at the huns who get everything from clothes to food to baby gear for free - they're the very ones who don't need it.

As a pet owner as well, I would do everything in my power to bring my pet with me. That said if he was happy and comfortable at home with my family that would be great. But - if they started visiting for extended periods leaving the dog in kennels then I would look at the best thing for my pet - not for me. Who knows how her dog gets on with others, she may not be happy sharing a home with Vinny, what then?

time to give the people what they want and move this from rave subsection to normal!
All 4 of you can go start your own thread in whatever section you choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
Yeah I don’t mind who identifies as what (i mean, within reason…) but I can’t see what the argument is for letting trans women participate in categories with biological females. And disagreeing with that isn’t in the same league as the other stuff she posted.

bpm123

I don’t think taking a few months to find a similarly paid job in your field that you’ve worked in for years and built a name in is that mad? She’s not acting like she’s on the breadline turning her nose up at jobs, she’s saying that boosting their subscribers would take the pressure off a bit, which like, fair enough? If I had spent decades getting to a six figure job in my industry I probably would try to hold out for a similar role for a few months, I’m guessing they have savings etc.

not_influenced

VIP Member
Something i find quiet admirable about her is her ability to look back and point out stuff or things she did in past and openly admit where she was wrong or explains why she was so defensive or what ever the case may be.

Something which stood out for me was( and I'm going to get the wording of this wrong/arse ways) but she openly spoke for years about not wanting kids, didn't want kids, didn't suit lifestyle etc. And has recently said something along the lines of she said it as a way of coping as it wasn't happening for her or with person, so by saying she didn't want it and justifying it that. Which I thought was cool.

I really really like her

And the podcast is very good!

Hairylairy

Chatty Member
Delighted for Rosemary, I've enjoyed her pregnancy content, usually on Instagram when someone is pregnant it just makes my eyes roll because it consumes their content but Rosemary wasn't all consuming & it was so refreshing & real. The likes of Terrie Mcevoy could learn a lot.

imsoexcited

Rosemary or any other woman is not sticking her tit in someone’s face. It’s crass to talk like that about anyone. It’s breastfeeding, a simple natural basic action. I never breastfed my kids, and I wish there had been more rosemarys back when I was having my first child. Unfortunately there was more people like the ones on this thread!

• Heart

justwannaseethepictures

Hi Rosemary!! You never mentioned you were paying them back on the blog I pay to subscribe to - sorry I’m not psychic!! I’ll unsubscribe now. Also good job dumping the dog for a second time
I think maybe unfollow her if her stories and her situation are annoying you so much? I'm not even being sarcastic or anything but they're clearly having a negative impact on you

FatherJackHackett

Chatty Member
Jesus, what has this thread descended into 🤣 🤦‍♀️

To keep on thread, I feel sorry for anyone who loses a job, especially so close to Christmas. She may not have been a saver before but something tells me once her hubby is back earning (hopefully sooner rather than later) she will be, if she doesn't learn a lesson from this then she is very silly.

bpm123

Getting a loan for a car from aging parents instead of you know a bank or a dealership says it all really
Not every family has the means or relationship to do it, but it’s not completely out of the ordinary to get a loan from a family member rather than a bank/dealership. It makes sense to me that she would take that route in a country where she can’t get a loan from a bank or dealership since she has no credit history. I wouldn’t have that relationship with my parents but I wouldn’t begrudge anyone else it. I think when you don’t like a creator/influencer/celebrity everything they do annoys you (I’ve def felt that way about other influencers), and that seems to be the case here.

• Heart

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I like Rosemary but in fairness I can’t believe she just admitted to having no savings thus far and blowing any extra cash as “fun money”. She’s a mother now and living in America ffs. There should come a time when she should stop relying on the good will of strangers to subsidise her lifestyle and instead starting saving any surplus instead of splurging it on crap. I can’t believe she hasn’t been doing that all this time tbh. She has the spending habits of a teenager. I don’t see why those consequences should fall on anyone else but her

Reactions: 21

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
I finished Rosemary’s book over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. It was really relatable for someone who came of age in the same era as her. I really enjoy her writing and her way of phrasing things. I loved at the end in the acknowledgements, when she was thanking her son, stepsons, and nephews, she says how they give her hope for the next generation of men. I thought it was a lovely way to bring the story full circle.

• Heart
Reactions: 21