Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rogue-rats

It’s not just the takeaways though? If she needs money cut back on buying plants and getting her hair done???
She addressed this in her stories, she got DMs saying the same thing you did and she received money as a gift (presumably from her parents for Christmas) that she was to spend on herself so that's what she did.

I'd far rather Rosemarys method of bluntly asking for subscriptions and #AF links than the completely disingenuous way that most influencers behave. "Someone dm'd me wondering where I got this dress, here's the #AF link" bullshit.

Reactions: 29

Libra123

This is too much 🙄🙄🙄🙄 She's a self employed writer, it's down to her and her only to advertise, promote and sell herself/business. Why are people so annoyed that she's kindly asking people to think about signing up because she's going through a hard time?? So if a self employed gardener put up a post on FB to ask people to think about hiring them for their next job because times are tough, would you accuse that person of being brazen, irresponsible and idiotoc because they have no savings! Ludicrous 😆😆😆

IndividualIf20

VIP Member
I actually like Rosemary and her content, particularly as she's not afraid to admit she has changed her mind about things e.g. having children.
However the majority of Irish influencers do not create positive content. They create content aimed at encouraging mass consumerism, pay for very little and promote anything for money. It's disgusting and if you actually critique them you are blocked. They also get plenty of comments from sheeple fawning over them which feeds their already overinflated sense of self.

Rosemary, as you said you read here, your podcast is well liked, your content is usually very good, don't drag yourself down by trying to associate or empathise with the likes of FBG, Rosie, Lisa, Sue, Aoibhe, etc. This thread has been active for over 18 months and 14 pages, there's not a lot of negative critique for you.

marymac19

VIP Member
Rosemary I know you read here so just wanted to say your make up was beautiful today id never think of those colours of eyeshadow together. They matched your hair perfectly. Fabulous ❤

• Heart

BeepSchmeep

It's the full set of teeth on him!! Gives me the Willy's!!! Imagine them chomping on your nipples!!!
Babies do not chomp when feeding 😅
Breastfeeding has such a bad rap in Ireland, I can't understand it, not trying to get at anyone here but there's such a lack of education around it in general.

Agelsfa

I'd much rather someone be real and 'moan' like Rosemary does than the walking ads that make out like their lives are perfect. Most days are a bit meh, you work, you look after kids/pets, you clean up, you make dinner etc there is nothing there to spend your time gushing over, it's humdrum and kind of boring and I think Rosemary's feed reflects that(not that I thinks she is boring, just she doesn't sugar coat everything).

In an insta world of manifesting and positively and everything being amazing I like that Rosemary is just normal.

Reactions: 28

Ratsout

VIP Member
Feminist Rosemary silent on events in Afghanistan…too busy living the American dream
It’s an extremely complex and emotive situation. You can’t expect public figures like herself to address something that’s out of her area of expertise. If she was to get even the slightest thing wrong, she’d be slated.

Reactions: 28

Agelsfa

Yeah off the back of everyone’s subscriptions!! I had to cancel too. She seems to provide content only when she can be arsed. No need for her to get childcare, she doesn’t do anything
She explained what she does? Some writing, the podcast and some freelance work. She isn't talking about getting fulltime childcare, it seemed like she was just looking for a few afternoons a week.

I don't know why people take it so personally that she is a spender not a saver. The fact that she writes for a living seems to rile people up too, would you rather she sells white label crap or pretends to be your friend that is just letting you know about this new shampoo that she loves! She has a masters in journalism it's hardly strange that she is looking to get paid for writing. I don't know is the problem that people think she is demanding they sign up when she mentions it or what?

Reactions: 27

Cantkeephermouthshut

Overall I'm a fan of rosemary, even though I have no children I still find her relatable particularly considering all the different paths she went through.

I really admire her honesty, you rarely ever see influencers admitting that read their own threads even though they then make some passive aggressive post which makes it clear as day that they do. Also her reaction, she could have gone into finger pointing calling us lonely bullies like all the rest do but she was very mature about it and saw it more as constructive criticism, which really it is

Reactions: 27

notsodumbblonde

I think she looks great in her latest ‘nude’ picture, she genuinely looks so happy and healthy and kudos to her for showing off stretch marks and all. As a mum-to-be influencer, she is so much more real and relatable than that eejit Terrie McEvoy who merely thinks her bump is an accessory.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

SozBbz

VIP Member
This little derailment could have saved someone here from a spot on the tax defaulters list. My good deed for the weekend. You’re welcome ☺.
By your logic, jaywalkers could end up in jail. Illegal? Yes. Enforced? No. People lend money within families all the time and the revenue doesn’t concern itself.
Calm down patting yourself on the back and stop derailing the thread.

Reactions: 25

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
Re her latest reel.... I really don't think influencers are short of people messaging them telling them how amazing they are and how much they look up to them etc. That's the problem with a lot of these insta huns, their vanity just thrives off followers licking their hole! P.S I love Rosemary and I do not put her in the Insta hun category 😆
Conflicted about this one. A lot of influencers are criticised for valid reasons. Rosemary by contrast actually gets very little flack because she conducts herself quite well. It may be a job but I firmly believe influencers don’t add any value to the world. They encourage overconsumption. They frequently exploit their children. There are a huge number of influencers in Ireland alone and yet nurses, midwives, teachers, doctors and trades are in short supply. I won’t be messaging any of them to tell them how wonderful they are.

• Heart

Fatface

VIP Member
Babies do not chomp when feeding 😅
Breastfeeding has such a bad rap in Ireland, I can't understand it, not trying to get at anyone here but there's such a lack of education around it in general.
Can only agree. Feeding in to toddlerhood is not that strange - some of the comments here, you’d swear Atlas was 8! 😂😂

• Haha

justwannaseethepictures

Tbh it's no one's business whether she's exercising or not during her pregnancy 🤣 She seems really happy and healthy and I can't wait to see her as a mother

• Heart
I must say, I really like this woman. Watched her stories today and I could totally relate to where she’s coming from. Felt for her, because I felt like that too. At least she’s honest and not like others who make out life is absolutely perfect. Fair play to her.