Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And she 100% contributes too and I don't blame her as if I was her I'd look too
So would I - how could you not?
Oh you've been quoted on her Instagram šŸ¤£ so Hi Rosemary šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ thanks for dropping by your threads
My claim to fame šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. I subscribe to her substack and I probably will end up buying the book as Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more to it and Iā€™m pretty nosy - but I didnā€™t love the excerpt. Also I have no idea how she has the neck to share all this stuff šŸ˜‚ - I have to admire her

Reactions: 3
Rosemary or any other woman is not sticking her tit in someoneā€™s face. Itā€™s crass to talk like that about anyone. Itā€™s breastfeeding, a simple natural basic action. I never breastfed my kids, and I wish there had been more rosemarys back when I was having my first child. Unfortunately there was more people like the ones on this thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Agreed I know sheā€™s using the green card as an excuse as she hasnā€™t a proper visa for working but surely she could start nannying or something since sheā€™s home all day anywya

Reactions: 1
Agreed I know sheā€™s using the green card as an excuse as she hasnā€™t a proper visa for working but surely she could start nannying or something since sheā€™s home all day anywya
To be fair she can't do that. There are very specific rules around her visa and she would be very silly to jeopardize her visa.
I do like Rosemary, I like her writing and find her substack is the only subscription I didn't cancel in my last subscription cull. To me she's a refreshing change from all the other insta Huns. I think she's so honest it makes her an easy target.

Reactions: 30
The US visa and green card process is tedious and stressful. And wouldnā€™t be worth risking for say, cash in hand jobs and what not. She wouldnā€™t actually be able to be employed by an employer (say a cafe, bookshop or business) with the visa sheā€™s on now due to the restrictions it comes with. The greencard gives more flexibility.

Reactions: 8
I remember Rosemary before she moved to the US. She was begging then too, always asking for people to pay to see her writings etc. There's something about it all that bothers me. The paying for "content" shite. I cannot stand people making money from insta. It's not a real job.

Reactions: 11
I remember Rosemary before she moved to the US. She was begging then too, always asking for people to pay to see her writings etc. There's something about it all that bothers me. The paying for "content" shite. I cannot stand people making money from insta. It's not a real job.
But it is a ā€œrealā€ job? Itā€™s peopleā€™s time, effort and creativity, if you donā€™t want to pay then you donā€™t. Her writing isnā€™t ā€œinstaā€ itā€™s online articles, newsletters and diaries. Itā€™s the new way of consuming the written word - before it was magazines, and they were overpriced and repetitive but we bought them as we liked certain things and not all. Would you say someone working at Vogue for instance hadnā€™t a real job? They write articles, alongside advertisements. Asking people to pay for the work youā€™ve done (asking btw, sheā€™s not forcing!) is Rosemary advertising. How anyone perceived that as begging is beyond me. Is Colleen Hooper advertising her (shite) books begging? Newspapers having paywalls?
People not seeing insta as real work is a separate argument, not really relevant here as Rosemary doesnā€™t do paid adds anymore (not that Iā€™ve seen). I honestly think people have an issue with how she spends her money and itā€™s her honesty on that subject that attracts her readers. So sheā€™s damned either way!

Reactions: 32
Guys thereā€™s another thread for those that donā€™t like her. This is a rave thread FYI

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She is promoting her we work. Not begging. Writing is a job. I subscribe to her work and look forward to reading the articles. I choose to support her. She is not asking you to pay for her insta content but her writing and she is very generous with giving a subscription to anyone who can't afford it, no questions asked.

Reactions: 18
I do actually really like Rosemary. I unfollowed her after she told people to unfollow her if they had a difference of opinion, of which I did and I havenā€™t re-followed as of yet. But sheā€™s always struck me as being different to the other influencers. Maybe itā€™s just a case that sheā€™s playing the same game but playing it differently. I severely dislike (understatement) Terror, Greasy, Jacksonā€™s etc but I feel differently about Rosemary. Itā€™s like sheā€™s open and honest to an extent, when all the others are so busy trying to pull the wool over everyoneā€™s eyes to the point where theyā€™re all so used to lying that they wouldnā€™t know how to be as honest as Rosemary can be. And in fairness, in a world where thereā€™s so much scrutiny it can take a lot to be as open and I do admire Rosemary for that.

Reactions: 24
I think with her, the over sharing is a problem and it correlates to low subscriber rates and people unsubscribing.
Iā€™ve no idea why she feels the need to sometimes get up on a high horse and preach to the masses but it irks people. She genuinely needs to just shut up and write the content and stop believing every thought that comes into her head is amazing and needs to be heard
Another issue with the over sharing is, she made reference to some job she had where she felt bad about it in some way so left it. This is someone thinks theyā€™re a bit above regular work commitments, I.e a place of work, a time to show up, deadlines to meet and someone to report to. If she doesnā€™t feel like working she doesnā€™t bother and those whoā€™ve paid for the content are just left without.

Tl:dr, I donā€™t subscribe but I read that free article on love and it was Carrie Bradshaw-esque crap so maybe Iā€™m not the target audience.

Reactions: 7
Imagine living in America with children with all the mass school shootings going on constantly? It must be such a worry.

Reactions: 8
Imagine living in America with children with all the mass school shootings going on constantly? It must be such a worry.
Honestly - it must be terrifying.

I saw a TikTok recently of a mother saying that she knew she had to get out of the US when she was shopping for school shoes for her 5 year old and decided not to get light up runners because if there was a school shooting, the shooter would see them in the dark.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It's horrific.....I'd be outra there so quick hut I understand that Rosemary's position is complex..as in her husband has other children from a previous relationship in the states....the situation us only going to get worse before it gets better

Reactions: 4
It's horrific.....I'd be outra there so quick hut I understand that Rosemary's position is complex..as in her husband has other children from a previous relationship in the states....the situation us only going to get worse before it gets better
Do the children live with them permanently? What happened to their biological mother?

I love when Rosemary mentions the two boys mother in her money diary or whatever, I think itā€™s so lovely that they have such a good coparenting relationship when so often you hear the opposite

• Heart
Reactions: 20