Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
I left baby centre when they replaced the community manager who had been there for years with 2 young girls who were awful and basically said “no we won’t remove a pile on your birth club, as we’re enjoying the drama!”

Justine and Mumsnet sure do have some cheek making so much money for years and still shamelessly begging.

Ad rates and marketing budgets fell quickly in march but then by April had recovered so they've no doubt made a good profit this year.

Mumsnet have had hundreds of thousands of pounds from tax payers for furloughing their inefficient online company that didn't warrant it and had cash donations from people that were taken in by the manipulative begging.

That site is so full of total bs, I'm not sure if it's employees doing it to whip up attention or if they encourage it for the traffic and don't delete stuff they know is fake from multiple account people. Either way the end result is the same and makes the company look shady.
I think they either invite or turn a blind eye to journalists posting for articles too.

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
I was never on Mumsnet but Babycentre was the same!! Was anyone else on there?

The mums on there would get really bitchy if you had a different opinion to them! Felt so much better when I deleted my account lol
I joined babycentre in 2002. The community manager was lovely and the site ran really well. Then she left and next thing 2 new managers car in and it all went tits up.

AngryBird101

VIP Member
I once did an AIBU about my neighbour playing the radio all day in the garden loudly (even when going out to the shops). I was pretty much called a selfish cunt for not wanting to hear his music and have a quiet garden "get earplug princess", "go live in the middle of no where bitch!", "have you heard of noise cancelling headphones, get some and shut up" and "entitled much, why does your liking of quiet override his love of music?!", because a lover of music just plays heart from a tinny little shity radio and leaves it on all day. So many perfectly normal AIBU questions go crazy.
Noise cancelling headphones would surely defeat the purpose would it not?!😂😂😂

NextLoisLane

How nasty- you seem to get that on the internet and I heard that there are some spin off mumsnet groups that are heavily in to doxxing too, apparently passing round addresses and names. People were finding out where people live from the old Christmas appeals info swaps.

I was blissfully unaware until then how deranged some people are.

Did you say anything before you left?
The only time I've heard of doxxing happening is, there was one poster who would constantly post bragging about her fabulous lifestyle and perfect family and it was suspected trolling - on a thread where posters were asked to post a photo of their bedroom, she posted a photo of a hotel room some 5* place in Paris 😂 After this, she still insisted that everything she said was true and I saw some posters looking at exif data on other photos she'd posted etc

Then when some started the Reddit MNTrolls this continued over there.

BigMavis

VIP Member
All of those ‘ are you middle class’ threads 😂😂
That's the laugh I am! I'm also nearly ashamed to admit I am, but can confirm I have never stepped foot in a waitrose in my life, so by mumsnet standards I'm probably not.
I always found the what do you earn threads to be odd and possibly phishing or trying to out someone.

Ramona

I was never brave enough to post on mumsnet but lurked 😂 they were a little kinder on Rollercoaster but only marginally no idea if it still even exists a decade later 🏄 off to check

Chunkeylaydee

VIP Member
The first thread I read there was a woman wanting to do a Burlesque routine at her wedding. Realised I knew the person from somewhere else 🙈.

I dip in and out of Scotsnet as it’s handy for exam times but as they were cancelled this year, there’s nowt to really read.

Raininvain

VIP Member
It shocks me how quickly some of them move on after marriage and relationship breakdowns. Obviously I’m not saying you should never move on, but moving on and moving another bloke in after less than a year is just pure madness to me.There’s no way you have properly healed and your children certainly won’t have even begun to process it properly.
I think a lot of that will be for financial reasons more than anything, if they are moving the man in.